Premier Financial Inc. / Check

1 857 Heron RdONTARIO k1a 1a2, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I recived a check in the mail for the amount of $4975.00 from WellFargo Bank 114 E Main Van Wert OH [protected]
The letter with it stated this was part of a $125, 000 wining
THe taxes on this money is $2, 995.00 to be [paid by money gram or western union directly to the Tax agent
The claim number is GTV/CA-0011
I was to call George Stanley (Claims Agent) at [protected]
At the bottom it says not to attempt to use this check untill you call the number above.
Signed Mrs Brenda Hicks
Promotion /Claims Manager

Please let me know about this is it a scam? Eamil me at Sparkie@bigplanet.com
or call my cell [protected]
Sincerely Sparkie Edwards

Comments

• Ba
      16th of Mar, 2009

I rec'd a check in the mail on 3/16/09, from Canada, plain white envelope, no return address, with my name on a label. There was a check inside for $4, 975.00 supposedly from Bank of America in northern CA. The letter stated I should within 5 days call the 'tax agent' so they could help me recover my winnings of over $75, 000.00. They send me part of the winnings in order to help me pay the taxes...yeah right!!! Then all they required of me, was to send them 1/2 of the $4, 975 in the form of a Money Order or Western Union Telegram. I gave my check and letter to my bank, to be turned in to the fraud dept.
    ...Barbara D., Atascadero, CA

• De
      4th of Jun, 2009

I also rec'd a check in the mail, only mine was with JPMorgan Chase Bank, it looked very real, but when I took it to the bank, the check wasn't real, I knew it had to be a scam, but I really didn't understand how the scam was working. Now I get it...this was the first scam I've rec'd through the mail, that looked this real. Scammers are getting better about scamming people, especially our senior citizens, that can barely make it on what SSI and government benefits they have. Shame on you people that do this for a living.
    Pat A. Abilene, Texas

• Gs
      8th of Dec, 2009

I received a check drawn on JP Morgan Chase Bank also and I was to call an agent to activate the check and send all but 400 of a 3900 dollar check. I was to send the 3500+ to Suzan George in London, England and call Fred Michael to activate check. I haven't done anything with the check yet I wanted to see if it was real but now my happiness has turned to anger. I was looking forward to a nice christmas. Well better to find out now than get in the middle of something really bad.
    GSJ Centralia, Ill.

• Pr
      12th of Apr, 2011

Got a fax blast from Premier Capital LLC Utah, I was told that I pre arroved for a loan. I made a phone call to Dave, I asked him about this fax blast. He told me to fill out the paper work which I did, I re fax it, and the next moring I was sent a letter with the amount they would fund and the monthy payments. I called Dave again and I was told we were good to go. In 3 weeks I talked with Dave 4-5 time always being told they were ready to fund. I sent a check for almost $3000.00 as the check was cashed. I call to see when the funds would be funded and then I found out there was a problem. Dave does not tell the truth, he want you to send a check and after they get the check is when you are told you are still going though the process. Be aware of this company, check them out on the Better Business, they scored a C+, which is a very low score for the industry.

• Ju
      14th of Jul, 2011

Did you get funded??? Or did they take your money and run?

• Am
      11th of Dec, 2011

Please do not make the same mistake I did and send them a deposit. You will never see a penny of it back and they sure as ever will not get you financing. They say you're approved, you're not! They will take your money and come back to you in a few days saying something fell through. Then you will be lucky to get a portion of the deposit back. I am currently investigating to see if they're even a real company. This had happened to me and several other small businesses I have been in touh with.