Premier Dodge Decatur / Can't get tag and title

1 2415 abercorn aveAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4049928539

Can't get title and tag
me and my husband bought and financed a car at perimier dodge decatur late september. until now, my bank and gwinnett county tag office haven't received any paper work from them so i can't get a tag! we just obtained a temporary tag for 30 days from the gwinnett county tag office so we won't get pull over for an expired tag. but no one is giving me updates on the paperwork that premier dodge was suppose to file weeks ago. I am just worried if 30 days go by and they still don't pass on the paperwork am I just stunk with no tag??? Can anyone help please with any updated information or a way to resolve this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Na
      20th of Nov, 2008

Your not alone. I just got word that they have open up the accounting department to close up the lose ends, so if you get a change to go up there, hopefully someone can help you.

• Na
      20th of Nov, 2008

Also the DMV should have updated info so that you can get another extension until this is resolved.

• Ni
      21st of Nov, 2008

Where did you hear that they have opened up the accounting department again? I will try to go there sometime soon.
    also, you were right, DMV agreed to extend another temporary tag for us so we can at least drive that car legally.

• Ni
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Just Narda said, Premier Dodge at decatur now has opened up their accounting department to liquidize their asset. Last week I dropped by and showed them my proof of purchase. They gave me my car title and I took the car title to tag office and got a tag.
    Now I only financed a car with Premier. I did not trade in or lease a vehicle. I have recieved many phone calls where people found out that Premier did not pay off their trade in. I don't know the solution to that... but I encourage people to post their experience on this website thats how I resolved my issue.

• Tr
      4th of Dec, 2008

on9/30/08 i bought a car from your dealership premier chrysler jeep dodge 1655 church st decatur ga 30033. i have yet to receive my registration to purchase my tag. my extension expires December 8, 2008 really soon. i am running out of time please help.

15th of Jan, 2009

I am having the same problem, I was pulled over by a cop and was searched because he told me that my temp. tag was not in the system I purchased my car from Premier of Decatur on Oct. 4, 2008. The cop called me a liar and said that the DMV would not give me more than one tag, I am tired of dealing with this and this bit of info has helped a lot, I will be going to the dealership tommorrow.