Premier Bathrooms USA / Terrible experience

My parents wanted to purchase a walk in bathtub from Premier Bathrooms U.S.A., Inc. They paid a deposit of $3000.00. They decided to cancel the order. They notified the company and their salesperson, requesting their deposit be refunded. For 2 months they have been given the run around, and finally received a letter stating that their deposit will not be refunded. They were given no explanation.

I have done considerable research on this company and have found that this is common practice for them. It is a shame that our elderly are taken advantage of by a company that is endorsed by Ed McMahon.

Please alert everyone not to do business with this company.

Va

Comments

• Cg
      11th of Jun, 2009

I've run across complaints about Premier Bathrooms on other websites. AARP carries advertisments for them. most recently in their AARP Bulletin Vol. 50, No. 5, June 2009. I feel that these issues should be brought to the attention of AARP so that they can check them out, and intend to do so. Their members need to be protected from this sort of thing.

• Ta
      7th of Dec, 2009

I have experienced the exact thing. My parents who are in their late 70's were to move into our home by the spring time. My siblings decided not the get the bathtub. The salesman that came out to our home on Friday and was informed that there was to be a meeting among the family and that the decision would be made on that Sunday. Mr. Marty Segal inform us to contact Mr. Nick Zullo to give him the decision of the family. I left messages with Mr. Zullo on Sunday, then again on Monday and finally on Thursday to inform him that it was a "no" to the bathtub. I could not get in touch with him or he did not return my calls. I contacted office and informed them that I did not want the tub and I would like my money back as expeditiously as they took it. I could not talk to anyone who could assist me. I talked to so many people that I lost track of who I had already spoke with. I still have not spoke with Mr. Jerry Reda who is the regional manager for the east coast. The last person who was in accounting informed me that she would contact me by 5pm; I hope that I will not be holding my breath. The only person that called me back was Nicole who is an scheduling agent. Everyone else said that they would call me back, but have not.

I am still waiting.

• Da
      16th of Oct, 2013

Mr. Reda is the newest BULLDOG for the company. Over the last few years Premier Bath is no longer the KING OF THE MOUNTAIN. Not 1 but TWO other BIG company's have pushed there way to the top of this odd industry. The result of this has been a marked downturn in there overall volume. All sales organizations place blame for slow sales on one thing...SALESPEOPLE! Since Premier contracts are written just for the LEGAL SYSTEM and not the end consumer it is very easy for a SALE then a CANCEL to take place without a refund. Mr. Reda is just a puppet implementing the business model of the CEO and the BOARD OF DIRECTORS. There is no single owner in this corporate world. There sales system is designed as a ONE TIME CLOSE. They know if a consumer THINKS ABOUT IT it will never happen at the price range the company offers there product.
    Every little town in the U.S has one or more of these suckers now. It is no longer a mystery product. In 2005 no one ever heard of a WALK IN BATH!!
    If it keeps a person in there home and out of a care home the cost savings is a mega savings to the family when Care homes cost consumers about 3 months of care compared to a 1 time Walk in Bath purchase.
    Its ironic but the truth is the rich folks virtually never buy this product...NEVER! Only worken Joes will invest in this!
    One very disturbing fact with Premier is the business concept that the cash client who pays with cash/check/credit card will pay a lot more than the finance client. Since they advertise a low payment that does not match there asking price sales reps have to adjust the price DOWN to fit it into the finance world. Also not advertised or understood with clients is the consumer finance factor. Some clients with marginal credit are unable to get the full product price amount finance requiring a cash booster to get the product.
    Over the last few years Premier has had a changing of the guard with the managers. Great ones were asked to step down that were not mean and BULLDOG TOUGH! This has created situations company wide that were told in this story.