Preferred Long Distance / they were higher the Qwest

1 Farmington, NM, United States Review updated:

Was told they would save us money by switching to them over Qwest but the were 20 to 30% higher when we switched back the held hostage our 800 number until we pay current bill which we paid and the 2 weeks later another bill came in with credit that were applied on the 1 bill now added back to the last bill, when I called to ask about this there service person was very rude and accuse me of lying about my Qwest bill, they made promises that were not true and when you bring it to them you are the one that is wrong. these are dishonest people and you need to stay away from them it cost me a lot of money to learn this.

Re

More Preferred Long Distance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ce
      16th of Jul, 2009

Hello my name is Steph, I work for Qwest. I am unsure if these long distance charges were placed on your Qwest bill, if so and you would like additional assistance, please feel free to email me at talktous@qwest.com (attention Steph) with your billing phone number, address and name, and I will review the situation.

Steph Lake
    Manager - Consumer Affairs Team

talktous@qwest.com - attention Steph
    www.twitter.com/TalkToQwest

"At Qwest your account information is confidential and protected by law, so I need your permission to access the account.”

• Ds
      15th of Nov, 2009

I'm in Taos, and I use Preferred Long Distance for my service. I will never go back to Qwest for any reason. My first bill with Preferred was pro-rated for 2 months, I was upset at first, but I decided to give them a chance. My 3rd month bill was so much lower than my bill had been with Qwest. I now get my DSL service from them as well and I'm very satisfied. It should be illegal for companies like Qwest to charge us small businesses so much for a simple phone service and let the corporate giants enjoy savings. In this economy I'm very thankful for every penny I can save, so thanks Preferred!

Denise

• Ka
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Preferred Long Distance - misrepresentation
    Albany
    Georgia

I received a call at the office from a helpful individual who proceeds to tell me how his company has a relationship with AT&T and how as AT&T "is charging" me $$ per line, they will alleviate that charge and save me further money. I'm duped. The illusion that they knew what I was being charged by AT&T was clearly painted, and supported by the credibility that they so liberally claimed by having a "relationship" with AT&T. What can I say? I said okay, seemed like a no brainer. Well, it was indeed! My first bill showed my mistake. AT&T told me I had unlimited long distance in my package deal prior to making the switch, which of course Preferred was willing to do for me (no hastle on my end!). I called Preferred, not to claim I didn't owe, I did say "yes" afterall. But, I guess I hoped to have them say they were willing to work with me as the person who called very clearly misrepresented their position (knowlege of my current At&T long distance agreement), and "relationship" with AT&T. They were beyond apathetic. They were "in your face" rude and argumentative. I even suggested they go back and listen to that recorded conversation when I stupidly signed on. The two people I spoke to said they didn't need to. They knew what their sellers say. The best part of what happened is that well, lesson learned, bill paid, and I don't ever have to deal with them again. My opinion is, that this is a scam company that is happy gleaning off a couple months of long distance bills until the customer catches on and cancels. They don't care that customers leave angry and think of them as con-artists. AT&T cares that you understand what you're getting, what you have, what will happen next, and they whether they helped you to the best of their abililty and your satisfaction. Big difference in how an "above board" company treats their customers, and those that are not.