Predictomobile / This company is a scam

United States Review updated:
3.9

This company is a scam, they took my money without asking or letting me know that they would charge me for anything, they just trick you with a survey on the computer and then rob you money, sending you a $9.99 bill plus they never stop sending you text messages that cost you more money, maybe someone needs to call better business bureau, or consumer's affairs, maybe that will stop them from cheating people with lies. And the cell phone company should have a solution if they see that we are been taken advantage of, instead of telling people to call them.
Va

Comments

Jo
  17th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My brother is a member of predictomobile.com and he won PSP. People just have to read terms and conditon of the offer before submitting information onthe website.
De
  17th of Oct, 2008

Predictomobile - charges on cell phone /scam
predictomobile
predictomobile.com

only had new cell phone 3 months. got charged a 9.99 fee twice from predicto and downloaded pictures which was added fees- 1 pic was $14. and we called and foreign gal not good english said number was never activated. so why 2 monthy fees to a place we never heard of. Next month we get charged 3-9.99 fees and picture downloads amounting to almost $80. in fees we never gave permission, never heard of this place, never been to a website, never got text. We had all these added charges to our cell bill. I got on computer since we got nowhere with foreign gal and sent an email to customer service which was to respond back to me in 12-48 hrs. Never heard from them. needless to say, we are not happy with whoever is doing this. Who gave permission? Where did they get our new cell number?
Me
  23rd of Oct, 2008
We are sorry to hear about your experience. We at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like address any concerns. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry. Keep in mind, our toll-free customer service number is also posted on our website as well as included in SMS messages sent to your phone.

Please note that a customer enrolls in our service by submitting their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains the terms and conditions including price of service and billing to the cell phone. We then send the user a text message to their personal cell phone which again details this information. In order to activate the account, the user must then enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation from their cell phone. The clear disclosures and double opt-in process ensures high levels of consumer protection and satisfaction. In the event that someone wants to cancel the service one can simply text “stop” to 654654 or call Customer Service and they will assist you. Again, we look forward to speaking with you and resolving any concerns which you may have.

Sincerely,
To
  4th of Nov, 2008

Predictomobile - taking money from me
600 n 13th
independence
Phone: 6207791352

do not take any more money from my phone company i did not authorize this i will sue you and report you to the bbb!
  12th of Nov, 2008
Yeah Right, Customer Service Automaton.

Your company (i.e., Predictomobile) stole $9.99 from me, too. I never signed up for the service, I just got a mysterious charge on my cell phone bill, had to raise heck with my cell provider, and had to disable a service on my Plan to keep this from happening again.

And from what I've read at other places, no one has had any luck getting money back from you directly. So, apparently your claim of super-duper customer service is empty.

I don't know how you got my information, but I'm pretty infuriated about it, BECAUSE I NEVER GAVE OUT MY CELL NUMBER. Not to you, not to anyone, and absolutely never online.
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Here's one right back at you: 1) Obvious "Guy whose relative won something off the company" who is with 99% surety actually someone at Predictomobile feebly attempting to stick up for the company's dishonesty, and 2) Customer Service Automaton.

Report them!

They did the same thing to me, and they need to be punished for their theft!

After all, $9.99 times however many people they've scammed equals big bucks.

There are other sites to put up your story, too. Spread the pain around as much as you can for this company.
Jo
  19th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Here is a link to MSNBC where they talk about Predictomobile. You can leave comments there. Maybe this site can tell the world about thier scam!

Dm
  19th of Nov, 2008
Your company (i.e., Predictomobile) stole $9.99 from me, too.
You are a band of robber.
Li
  24th of Dec, 2008
Upon signing on to the internet an ad using the Coke name said to answer a question, enter your cell phone number and get Coke reward points. I answered the question and then the next thing I saw was a place to sign up for a $9.99 charge every month to my cell phone bill. I automatically said no and answered stop as it said and guess what? I got my cell phone bill and was charged $9.99 for a subscription to this predictoMobile. What a scam! Beware!
Ja
  12th of Jan, 2009

Predictomobile - Unauthorized billing
predictomobile.com

I found that there was an extra charge of $9.99 on my sprint cell phone bill. I spoke to a woman (Diane) with the Sprint billing department who told me that I had subscribed to some kind of voting 'service' called Predictomobile Vote. I had never subscribed to any such nonsense. Diane gave me this number: 1-800-360-0518 to cancel this subscription. She assured me that this would not be charged to me in the future, but could not remove the charge of $9.99. I called the toll free number and got someone speaking in a foreign accent who was difficult to understand. I told her that I wanted to be removed from their subscription list. She asked for my phone number. To avoid additional passive terrorism, I declined to give her my phone number and asked if she was located within the United States. She said 'No, sir.' and I ended the phone call. This has got to be illegal. Homeland security should be taking steps to protect us from such heinous acts. A class action suit should be initiated against this company and any other entity that is associated with it. I will gladly participate or help to initiate such a class action suit if it is possible to make these criminals pay for what they have done.
Ch
  13th of Jan, 2009
PredictoMobile started charging me $9.99/month for some text message service. After calling sprint and having PredictoMobile's number blocked I recieved a text from them telling me my subscription had been cancelled. This was the first text that I had ever recieved from them (considering they were charging me $9.99 for text messages). Called their service line and some lady just kept reading off a card. This company is definately a scam.
Wh
  17th of Feb, 2009

Predictomobile - charging my phone bill
US Cellular
Oklahoma
Phone: 5802982691

My name is Leslie Whitman and my phone bill through us cellular was charged unknowingly. I went to have my phone upgraded and the csr found charges from them on my bill.
Je
  23rd of Feb, 2009

Predictomobile - Scam and cheating
predictomobile.com

I was also a victim of the Predicto scam. I had premium text messages blocked on my cell phone to prevent further charges but I did call them to voice my opinion on their sleazy practice. They wanted my cell phone # and email address. What guts! I absolutely refused to give them either on the off chance they would attach to my phone again. I'll take my losses before I give them any additional information.
Me
  24th of Feb, 2009
I am completely on board with Mr Mysterioso and when you call this company to complain about the text messages that come on the overnight they want to sell you something else. They do not answer the questions of how they receive your number or name and finally they told me that we don't have any records... When I spoke to customer service I was aphauled at there reply to my inquiry. I have reported predicto to the proper authorities and will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
Je
  26th of Feb, 2009

Predictomobile - Unathorized Charges
predictomobile
Trenton
New Jersey

I got my sprint bill recently and saw a 9.99 charge for a service called "predicto-mobile" apparently it a premium text messaging service they sen du quizes and tests for points and prizes etc. well i never signed up for this nor would i sign up for such a silly waiste of money. I have taken online surveys and quizes before where it has asked for my cell number and i have received texts from them as well. i assumed the texts were advertisements from when i entered my cell number. So i never opened them i just delted them and disguarded it. But the charge of 9.99 what was that? and how did it get there..i thought maybe something i had done just cost me the ten bux so i paid it. Next month the same charge of 9.99 was there for the same service "predictomobile-vote" well if i have to pay to vote something is wrong right there..and since i hadnt voted for anything i didnt know what i was being charged for or why. I then found this website and realized that i deffinately fell victim to their scam as well. ive since been charged a total of 4 months. theres no instructions on how to get rid of this service or even what it is at first. i finally called my phne company...who reimbursed me my 40 dollars and put a block on all premium text messages..or advertising tests in other words. so please please please even if u think its just for the sake of information...never give these online surveys ur cell number becuz once u do and u get that initial text message from them...and u open it...ur done..ur signed up and its going ot be on ur bill every month. ITS A SCAM OBVIOUSLY! and i thinkt he major cell phone carriers need to put a block on this compay permanently!
Ca
  4th of Mar, 2009

Predictomobile - unauthorized charges
alltel
Kalamazoo
Michigan
cpratt1727@hotmail.com

A company named predictomobile has charged my phone 9.99 for two months. when i called my provider i was informed that they are independent from their company, and they charge the monies based on a response from the cell phone owner. I was charged 9.99 by the company in october 14, 2008. the problem is I didn't get my phone until december 24, 2008. They are still billing my phone 9.99 even after i called their 1-800#. I never signed up in october, as i never owned the phone or the new number until two months later. they say the will stop the billing, but will not reimburse me for the money lost. how can a company get away with illegal practices by billing you for time you never even owned the phone. my guess is the previous owner of that number signed up for the promotion, but it's not anything i would ever use.
Ca
  4th of Mar, 2009
feel better after being able to vent. at least that part of my anger has subsided. i would like this company to pay for my losses. but the way these companies work i will never see a dime. even after calling and complaining and being told that it would be taken off my bill, it's stilll there.
Pa
  10th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am also appalled at what this company is doing. I saw my uscell bill and my 13 yr olds phone had a $9.99 and pic charges from PredictoMobile. I called the company immediately and I said that he is a minor how could he have signed up. The companies reply was that we accept 13 yr olds and the terms cover all the details. My response was what kid is going to know to click terms and yet alone understand them. Plus if this was actually done on my kids computer I can simply check to verify he did it as we have keystroke software installed, firewall, spy wear! The company said they could not reimburse me the $9.99 and I said ok that I'd file a complaint with the AG. Now supposedly I have a check coming in the mail. What a scam! And, to target kids with those Win $50, 000 and enter your cell number! Totally unethical and they should be shut down!
Lu
  17th of Mar, 2009

Predictomobile - Unautorized text messages
Luis V. Avila
Florida

From 2/12/2009 PredictoMobile is sending text messages to my cell phone. I never ask or authorize that kind of services.
Please help me to stop this company to do that to me and others.
Thank you and best regards.
Luis Avila.