Predicto.com / ripoff and unwanted test messages

United States Review updated:
predicto.com keeps texting my cell phone and I have never heard of them. They are very annoying and I want them to stop.
Thanks
Floyd Barnett

Comments

Sh
  5th of Feb, 2009
I didn't want to pay $9.99 for someone to be texting me all day long about something that doesn't make a bit of sense. I don't want to be charged.
Pr
  8th of Mar, 2009
Make sure to call your phone company and have the charges reversed. The predicto scammers were charging me for months without my permission (and they weren't even delivering any sort of service!). AT&T refuses to block them entirely so you have to call and get a block for your account.

Don't listen to the service rep above. A quick Google search will show the only way to stop them is to contact your phone company. Right after you do that, join one of the class action lawsuits against them. These fraudsters need to go to jail!
De
  16th of Apr, 2009
I was charged for four months (I should have checked my phone bill more carefully and I do now) of Predicto when I never signed up for it! After I called their customer service line I was told they would cancel my "service" and no longer charge me. I never used their service and told them this. They told me I signed up for it, texted them to register my phone and logged on to their website and that's why I was being charged for their "service". I did none of these things but they kept claiming they had records of me doing this. I requested a refund multiple times and they denied, so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not surprisingly Predicto already has a bunch of claims against them, so I filed one and then they sent me back the money they stole from me. If you have been robbed by them go to the Better Business Bureau website and file a complaint (its really easy and takes 20 minutes at the most) so nobody else gets swindled by Predicto and their "service".
Mc
  7th of Jul, 2009
Write your Congressman and tell them that they need to put a STOP to all of this. Predicto is not the only one of these sleaze bag companies out there. They specifically target minors and cell phone companies allow it because they get a KICKBACK! Most people don't realize what is happening until it is too late.
This is one area where Congress can step in and stop this. The buck stops at the cell phone companies. If they refuse to recognize the charge then it will go away, but they are in bed with them and so won't stop!