Predicto.com / keeps sending text messages

United States Review updated:
4.4

I don't know who this company is, or how they got my cell number but I keep getting these text messages. I have tried to stop them but they just answer with another text, saying wrong code.

Comments

St
  19th of Nov, 2008
didnt ask for didnt order or subscribe just started getting texts costing me 9.99
Gr
  20th of Nov, 2008
I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME WITH MY CELL PHONE. 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN IT IS YOUR CELL PHONE CO. PROVIDER. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TEXT BACK TO THEM THE WORD (STOP) AND THEY STOPPED TEXT MESSAGING ME. HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU.
Na
  24th of Nov, 2008
I WANT THIS SITE TO STOP SENDING ME TEXT MESSAGE, I HAVE A PREPAID PHONE.
Fo
  29th of Nov, 2008
PLEASE I DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE ANY MORE TEXT MESSAGE ON MY CELL PHONE 917 400 1421
AND I FOUND MY STATMENT THAT I BEEN CHARGE FOR $9.99 FOR WAHT ? NO CLUE.THIS THE LAST TIME.
OTHERWISE THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO DO NEXT TIME.
FOUAD
CELL:9174001421.
Ge
  24th of Jan, 2009
I have requested that predicto.com stop sending text messages to my phone immediately, but they are still sending them. How can I GET THIS SITUATION RESOLVED!!!?
Sa
  1st of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i texted 'stop' over and over again and they never stopped. today we looked at the phone bill and there was over $35.00 in text fee's from predicto text. Luckily our provider wiped the charges off and blocked them, but my god, what a scam. I NEVER signed up for it or entered my number anywhere.
Ve
  11th of Feb, 2009
I texed STOP over & over & they just wont STOP. Whats wrong with these people. Dont they get the point.
Mi
  8th of Mar, 2009
I cannot get Predicto.com to stop texting me on my private cell phone.
Tr
  20th of Mar, 2009
Predictomobile lies. I got a full screen popup that I couldn't delete, minimize or in any way remove. The window said Predictomobile and "enter your cell phone number, " nothing else. I didn't know better--I was on a time-limited public computer, so to get rid of the window, I saw no harm in entering my cell phone number. That night, I called my cell phone providor and learned that they could start charging my account for whatever it is they supposedly do. My problem was solved by changing my cell phone security code.

I wish there was someone online who monitored this kind of thievery. I feel for those of you who are still fighting them. My providor wouldn't block them, but changing my security code did the trick. I now NEVER give anyone online my cell phone number--I know this is a dollar short and a day late.

I don't think anyone at Predictomobile cares that they're causing distress: they're getting money for nothing. I wonder if those of you who keep texting stop could get help from your cell providor? No offense if you've already tried that. It worked for me.
De
  16th of Apr, 2009
I was charged for four months (I should have checked my phone bill more carefully and I do now) of Predicto when I never signed up for it! After I called their customer service line I was told they would cancel my "service" and no longer charge me. I never used their service and told them this. They told me I signed up for it, texted them to register my phone and logged on to their website and that's why I was being charged for their "service". I did none of these things but they kept claiming they had records of me doing this. I requested a refund multiple times and they denied, so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not surprisingly Predicto already has a bunch of claims against them, so I filed one and then they sent me back the money they stole from me. If you have been robbed by them go to the Better Business Bureau website and file a complaint (its really easy and takes 20 minutes at the most) so nobody else gets swindled by Predicto and their "service".
Sa
  22nd of Apr, 2009
I had the same problem with calling the number 973 409-3271 to vote about legalizing marijuana and immediately after the vote I started getting texts to win a nintendo and such, i ignored the first text then after i would get more and more by the minutes. I tried texting STOP and I hope it worked. Did those first texts charge me??
Sh
  18th of May, 2009
I am outraged! and would like to add to the complaints, because I too am a victim of the Predicto SCAM. I don't know how they got my cell number but each month they are posting a $9.99 charge on my bill. Isn't there someone who can investigate this and have the charges sopped. I have reported this to my wireless company and they've been great. BUT tis company s/b investigated and not be in business.
waverly223
Mo
  17th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I think yhat they should be investigated and charged for their thievery
Mo
  17th of Jul, 2009
My cell phone provider gave me this link.

Jt
  29th of Aug, 2009
I just receieved my first text message from this company, and I had never heard of it before. It is a total scam. It looks like the founder is a genteman named Eyal Yechezkell. Here's a quote from Eyal:

“We are delighted by the continued growth of the Predicto community and will continue to look for additional ways to engage and entertain consumers on their mobile devices.”

When the continued growth is fueled by some sort of scam, you should not be so delighted Eyal. You are a fraud.
Lo
  6th of Sep, 2009
I typed in my number to pass the survey on a website to watch at UFC video... then i recieve 4 different text from 4 different companies *(which are all probably from the same scam artest in their private house) saying that I registered with all of them for 9.99$??? now i probably owe 40 dollars now. And they said they were going to refund me my money in the mail, which i highly HIGHLY doubt they will do. I AM PISSSED! these people are SCAMMMERSS. THEY DESERVE TO BE PUT IN JAIL OR DEAD for all i know. I requested to speak to their manager, who sounds like the same lady from all three companies and I can hear dogs in the back ground. it sounds like they are doing this ### from their home. WE NEED TO PRESS CHARGES. they cant get away with this. Atleast im going to ### at them about how bad their life must suck to scam innocent people for Hundreds of thousands of dollars all together. DONT be mistaken for their nice customer service attitude. they are CRIMINALS. And they get away with this because no one wants to pursue going to court over 9.99$. WHERE are the lawyers on the internet when i need them to read this... *COMPANIES include - Solow, FunMobile, Predicto.com, Ringtonetop.com** PLEASE HELP. WE NEED TO BRING THESE PEOPLE DOWN!!!
De
  9th of Sep, 2009
please help me to delete from my cell phone.my email is as follows- luckyangellove2001@yahoo.com.please anwer quit there draining my cell phone, and i dont like it .thank you!
Ba
  15th of Sep, 2009

Predicto.com - billing
Predicto
New Jersey
Phone: 800.360.0518

charges appear on cell phone
strongly urge you to contact your cell phone provider
and have predicto messages BLOCKED
Sc
  23rd of Sep, 2009
I received the same text today. Tried the stop text, didnt work. If there is any charge from these people, I will contact the state attorney general! Recommend everyone does the same.
Ze
  2nd of Oct, 2009
Dear Predicto Mobile or NextWeb Media representative,

It seems that your left hand does not even know what your right hand is doing.

NextWeb Media owns Residential Email as well as Predicto and Predicto Media.

By some unfortunate coincidence the name of your top management seems to be related to previous unauthorized cell phones charges and scam cases filed across the country in last 4 years.

After I recouped with other lawsuits, Eyal Yechezkell, CEO and Itai Kathein, President helped to found another company called Email Discount Network (EDN).

EDN was sued in Florida, Washington State, and Georgia for the same type of scam Predicto is spreading today.

See Washington State Office settlement agreement (EDN)

See Georgia Settlements (EDN)

See Georgia Subscriber Refunds
http://www.georgia.gov/00/article/0, 2086, 5426814_5684686_80061913, 00.html

See state State of Florida complaint:

A new class action was filed 09/18/2009 in Eastern District of Michigan: Predicto used expired cell-phone contracts to bill new cell phone subscribers see court document at:

Another scam is actually running called Residential Email/ESBI (residentialemail.com) see blog http://tiredcynic.blogspot.com/2007/08/watch-out-for-residential-email-fraud.html

My guess is that NextWeb Media, Predicto, Predicto Mobile, PredictoMobile, Residential Email or whatever is using kind of pyramid scheme to pay back previous subscribers and make profit on top of it with new subscribers just like Madoff in the financial arena.

My question now is: do Cell phone companies ever check customers complains, I just send a letter with a photocopy of the above documents to Verizon and ask them how they can authorize Predicto Mobile as a 3rd party.

Dear readers, if you have some time, please send these documents to your cell-phone companies (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Alltell, etc…). Hope this document will help get some refund from cell phone providers.

Please report to FBI cyber crime division at https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and to Attorney General office.