Predicto Mobile.com / predictomobile

1 Hagerstown, United States Review updated:
Phone: 301-791-0631

Predictomobile has sent my son text messages that he never asked for and then charge me 9.99 a month for nothing . I have contacted them they stopped for a while and now it has happened again!! Someone tell me what to do!

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Oct, 2008

Sounds to me like these people are scam artists! Contact your local news consumer reporter and if that doesn't work...take it too the top and file a complaint with the Attorney General.

• Ki
      29th of Oct, 2008

I agree, they are SCAM ARTISTS!! I just got dooped as well. And, let me tell you it is not clearly stated that the pin number is for phone service!! I thought I was taking some stupid quiz & that number was to get my results.That is what they made me think!! I'm am by no means stupid, I would have never signed up for that if I would have known!! If they do not follow through with their promise to refund my money, I will contact the Attorney General, and whoever else it takes to make them stop "dooping" people.

29th of Oct, 2008

This company claims to have a double opt in process. Their process is deceptive and should be illegal.

I took an IQ quiz on line and had to go through a series of pages of advertisements in order to get the results of my quiz. At one point they asked for my cell phone number and said they would send me a PIN number that I could use to get the final results. I certainly don't recall ever seeing something that stated that I was agreeing to sign up for any charge. Just because I had to take two steps to get my quiz results does not mean the I have really gone through a "double opt in process."

Even though I scored 150 on the IQ test I feel like a real dumb ### for falling for their scam. Completing the IQ test and going through pages of advertisements takes so long that by the time they ask for the PIN number to get the results you have invested so much time that it is hard to turn back.

Predicto Mobile works with a company called Smiley Media. Smiley Media told me that Predicto is one of their advertisers. Smiley said that Smiley gets a percentage of the ongoing revenue from the fees that Predicto charges to the phone companies.

Smiley Media can be reached at 512-767-7580. Hit "0" when the voice mail message comes on to be connected to the operator. Smiley doesn't provide an address on their website but says they are in Austin, TX. They said that Virginia Brown handles the Predicto account. She has not returned my voicemail yet.

Predicto Mobile (800-360-0518) has a call center in the Phillipines and one in Henderson, NV. Marge, Jannis and Lucy are the three supevisors in NV. They would not proivide the names of any more senior people, the phone number for their coporate office or their call center address. They did provide me the address of their corporate office:
    One Bridge Plaza
    Suite 275
    Fort Lee, NJ 07024

Both of these companies know that they are using a bait and switch approach to sign up people for their service. I think it is at least unethical and should be illegal.

They told me they would send me a refund of the $9.99 but I won't stop there.

I think we can all contact the Better Business Bureau and Attorney Generals office in NV, NJ and TX. We can also make more postings on line and contact the cell phone companies to tell them to stop paying the charges. We can also continue to contact the offices of Predicto Mobile and Smiley Media to tell them to stop. At least we can collectively waste their time dealing with our calls.

Any other ideas of how we can stop this unethical company?

29th of Oct, 2008

According to Next Web Media, they operate Predicto. NextWEb even has a Facebook page, so you can see pictures of the people who operate this unethical business as they eat cake and go on a company cruise.

Let them know how you feel by calling them, a lot!

NextWeb Media
    888 7th Avenue, 6th Floor
    New York, NY 10019

telephone: 212-588-1180
    fax: 212-588-1191

• Lo
      8th of Nov, 2008

I have been fighting with my phone company, Verizon, to get rid of these Predicto charges. I NEVER signed up for this "service" ever. Never went to their web site either. The charges started showing up last summer after I started filling out a survey I believed to be from Borders. But in the middle of it, I suspected it was a scam, so closed it down.

Unfortunately I did put in my cell number -- the only time I've given that number out except to friends. I got a text message from them in August and chose the "cancel" option even though I didn't know anything about it. Every time I tried to send the cancel message, it was refused. After I got the bill in August, I called Verizon and a rep walked me through the official cancellation process and put a block on text messaging. That didn't stop it.

Although a Verizon supervisor told me there was no record I had subscribed, the charges continue. Verizon claims they can refund the charges, but not stop the "service." Sign me up for a class action suit!

• Di
      10th of Jan, 2009

Please people steal peoples money there nothing but scam artist

• To
      19th of Jan, 2009

I agree. I must have signed up for it as well. Without even knowing it. I noticed a Premium Text message charge on my Verizon account and when I called Verizon they told me that I needed to reply to the text message with "STOP". Sounds to me like Verizon must be in bussiness with Predicto. How could they charge me without my consent. I called Predicto and they said they would send me a refund but why should I go through all of that for signing up for something I didn't realize. Scam for sure. I complained to the BBB. Took a minute. I suggest that everyone does the same until these criminals are convicted.

• Tc
      21st of Jan, 2009

I have been receiving Predicto bills for the first 4 months of my Alltel subscription. How is it possible that every stupid thing the previous owner of this number signed-up for ends up on my bill. That is absolutely the worst quality service I have ever received. I agree Verizon, Alltel, and Predicto are all in this scam together. Hopefully everyone will complain to the BBB.

• Ed
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I called Predicto after Verizon told me that they could not refund the $9.99 since it was not their money. I was told by Predicto that there are no trial periods, even though my account was canceled within 10 minutes. They would send me an e-mail in which I could request a refund, which would then be reviewed by the powers that be. I then spoke to a supervisor, who reiterated the same spiel. After some more searching, i found the above posting which referenced
    NextWeb Media
    888 7th Avenue, 6th Floor
    New York, NY 10019

telephone: 212-588-1180
    fax: 212-588-1191

I called this number, spoke to a very nice lady, Andrea, and was informed that my refund was being processed. This is all well and good, but something needs to be done about this.

Verizon offers premium text blocking so you do not get roped into these scams.

22nd of Jan, 2009

another fish here what a way to rob people
    and dont even need a gun i noticed a charge
    of 9.99 for to go on my unicell bill
    i never signed up for nothing and unicell
    said they did nt know who charged me 9.99
    but was collecting it for them than after
    prodding unicell said it was predicto

23rd of Jan, 2009

I called Predicto after speaking with Verizon about a $9.99 charge on my bill. The person at Predicto initially told me they would not refund the money because their sign up process is "extensive" and I would had to have known what I was signing up for. I believe there was an online survey or something that requested a cell phone number to get the results and the next thing I knew, I had mutliple non-stop text messages being sent to me phone. I replied for them to stop, but never had any idea I was charged for anything until I received my most recent bill. Supposedly Predicto will be sending me a refund. Companies like this should not be allowed to exist- it is a total scam ripping off Americans. I don't understand how this happens.

• Du
      23rd of Jan, 2009

While what Predicto is doing is technically "legal", it is HIGHLY unethical and preys on unsuspecting people that do not pay attention to 8 pages of fine print and their "extensive" sign up process.

I called the (800) 360-0518 and asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained that while they may be following the law, they are duping thousands of people out of their hard earned money. I explained that while I may have agreed to their terms of service, I certainly wouldn't KNOWINGLY sign up for a service for $10/month to participate in lame-assed surveys and such. The super said that since I was unhappy with the service, she would issue a courtesy credit of the $9.99 in the form of a check within 7 - 10 days. We'll see.

While $9.99 isn't going to send me into foreclosure or poverty, the principle of their business practice was enough for me to NOT give up.

If everyone calls with a never-give-up attitude, it will eventually make an impact.

People like this really piss me off. I wonder how they sleep at night knowing full well of their deceptive business practices.

• Ba
      30th of Jan, 2009

I have been having charges from predicto appear on my credit card bill in which i never gave out. I contacted sprint for them to tell me predicto is a 3rd party billing and is notifying them to charge me that amount. Sprint had my credit card number only because I paid one month of my phone service on over the phone. I have been disputing these charges now for the last four months that they have been appearing on my bill. THIS PREDICTO IS A BIG SCAM!!! I never signed up for this, I don't text message and never download anything. I always have my phone on me, in which no one else uses. I finally got tired of disputing these charges, canceled my credit card and my cell phone number. I also contacted the BBB. Class Action Lawsuit needs to be filed against these people for stealing peoples hard earned money.

11th of Feb, 2009

You can unsubscribe from the Predicto service at any time by texting "STOP" to 654654. Always read the terms before you agree to anything people.

1st of Mar, 2009

I just called these people after finding the $9.99 charge on my cell phone bill, and on the first call, was told that they could not issue a refund, and that I had agreed to the service. After a bit of further reading on here, I called back, and immediately told the person who answered that I wanted a refund, and if they could not issue me a refund, then I wanted to speak to their supervisor, and that I KNEW that he/she could issue me a refund, and if they did not, then I would report them to the BBB. I also told them that I knew that they were ripping off thousands of people, and immediately, the person on the line told me that I did not need to take any further action... apparently it is worth more than $9.99 to them to stay "below the radar."

• Fe
      10th of Mar, 2009

Predicto is a scam, I also have been charged 9.99 per month for this stupid "game". I never signed up for any sort of thing. I ignored the first phone bill and then I got a text that said to cancel text "stop". The next month I still was charged. I called 1-800-736-8743 to predictomobile customer service and raised hell. They told me that I texted them from my phone number on Jan. 9th @ 7:49 p.m. I said no, that is impossible. Then they had tried saying that I must have let someone borrow my phone. Hell no, I did not! They pissed me off because they kept saying that I am missing out on a "fun game". They finally said that they will mail me a check for $9.99. I am still out but I guess I'll take what I can get. It is hard enough right now and to think people can "steel" from you just by your phone number.

• Ke
      11th of Mar, 2009

I have just gotten off of the phone with predicto.com after they have texted me 20 times today because thats all my phone can hold for messages AND I do not even have text messaging on my phone/service. It is the biggest scam next to bernie madoff going.

• Ti
      12th of Mar, 2009

I agree completely! I never signed up for this garbage! US Cellular states they can block the company on my phone and refund the charge. I will not go through this every month. Better Business Bureua and Attorney General here I come.

• So
      20th of Mar, 2009

Eyall Yechezkell is the CEO of Predicto.
    Apparently it is owned by Next Web Media
    522 E 50th St. New York, NY 10022
    Telephone 212.588.1180
    Fax 212.588.1191
    toll free 888.800.5236
    Tell him to STOP this!
    Will someone please find his personal number so we can post it too and hound him until he stops.

• Jj
      30th of Mar, 2009

I just talked to T-Mobile about these scammers; they're refunding the $10 that they scammed from me, along with putting them onto a "black list, " which will prevent "Predicto Mobile" from charging me again.

As far as the "customer service" messages above, it's bunk. They may or may not deactivate you. Be sure to go to your cellular carrier so these slimebags cannot charge you again.

And hey, jerks: You're lying. I **never** received a text that said your service was a premium pay-based texting server. NEVER. As far as I saw, you were an annoying Spammy text messaging service I tried to get rid of. I never voted on your crappy little surveys. I hope that this economy kills your crappy lie-based service.