Predicto Mobile / Unauthorized charges

1 CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 720 870-7432

I am not sure it this is even Predicto Mobile. This company has been charging me $9.99 per month on my Verizon bill. Verizon can not explain the charge and will not deal with Predicto Mobile because YOU are a vendor. You are not MY vendor and I want my money back. Please let me know what you are going to do. I am researching and am preparing a law suit for this measly amount, as it is wrong to cheat people for ANY amount. I expect to have an answer immediately, yes or no.
Sincerely, Barbara Chabot

Comments

• Tr
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I noticed last month that I started to be charged from a company called predicto mobile. I have now had 2 charges of 9.99. I never authorized this, signed up for this...why hasn't this company been shut down?

12th of Dec, 2008

One day I started getting strange message from this company that I did not authorize or request. I replied to "Remove me from the List" and now I find out that they are charging my Sprint account for $9.99 a month. After 30 minutes of my time talking to Sprint to find out what this is, then calling Predicto Mobile, they will not credit my account for something I did not order. Preditory lending is illegal and so should this be.

13th of Dec, 2008

You should not have to pay for unauthorized charges. Sprint should absorb the cost since they let the fraud charges occur without prior approval from the customer

• To
      23rd of Dec, 2008
    Predicto Mobile - unauthorized charge
    predicto mobile
    Cleveland
    Ohio

I am being charged for your service...I did not willingly sign on to this...Your charges are unauthorized...this is a sham

• Es
      18th of Jan, 2009
    Predicto Mobile - MONTHLY CHARGES
    WALKER FOIL STAMPING
    Orlando
    Florida

PREDICTO PLACED AN UNAUTHORIZED 9.99 MONTHLY CHARGE TO MY MOBILE ACCOUNT. I WOULD LIKE AN INVESTIGATION INTO THIS COMPANY.

• St
      3rd of Feb, 2009
    Predicto Mobile - placing things ob bills

The person the phone belongs to is 68 he does not even know what Predicto Mobile is neither to I so I would really appreciate that you would take this off my phone and pay me for the time it has been on my phone. I would not even knew it was on there until a Rep. from T-Mobile point it out to me.

• Gr
      22nd of Feb, 2009

I have just found this charge on my cell phone bill and I'm upset with these unauthrized charges and want it canceled, stopped, and terminated.

24th of Feb, 2009

My wife was sent a text message from this company on her cell phone. Then was charged 9.99 to my Verizon account without my authorization. I talked with the company and they said that I was on a Survey Site and clicked on their site showing interest.
    Didn't happen!!!
    Who or where can my complaint be heard?
    Thanks, Joe

• Li
      26th of Feb, 2009

Just as many others on this page has stated I began recieving text messages from predicto mobile . I replies with do not send any more messages . i am still paying a 9.99 charge on my cell phone bill. I want tis charge removed .. I will no longer pay it !

• Fm
      5th of Mar, 2009

I too have NEVER signed up for your stupid service. I've never received any odd text either from unknown sourse. I've just noticed this $9.99 charge has been appearing on my cellphone bill for the past 2 months. I called to cancel, and yet I receive another 3rd charge!!! I expect a refund of $29.97 total that I have had to pay.

15th of Mar, 2009
    Predicto Mobile - charges
    Hudson
    Iowa
    Phone: 3192329790 (land line)

My 12 yr old has been getting text messages from this number and we are being charged $10 for them. We want to have these charges taken off. There was only one this month, but have been several in the past months.
    How can I block them from her phone??

23rd of Mar, 2009

My 70 year old mother who knows nothing about text messaging showed me her phone the other day. On it was a bunch of messages from 654654. So we reviewed her bill and found that she had been paying $9.99 a month for Predicto service. Upon calling Verizon, they told us how to cancel the service and they promptly credited the amount. They also put a block on premium content.

I the text messagining world, Predicto is refered to as a short code content provider. There are lots of different content providers. Then there are the Aggregators. The aggregators bundle together blocks of content and make it available for telelphone companies for use on their networks. In this case, Predicto Mobile's aggregator is a company called Open Market. Ultimately, carrier's such as ATT or Verizon are responsible approving or dissapproving content campaigns for use on their networks. If too many complaints come in for a particular campaign, then a carrier might drop the content because they don't want the headaches associated with custmer service.

There is a standards body that sits over the short code ndustry. It is called the MMA or Mobile Marketing Association. The MMA sets up rules and guidlines such as the double opt in. In my mothers case, she never opted in at all. Somehow she got slammed.

The rep at Predicto told me after taking te mobile nuber that my mom had double opted in on a particular date and that she had record of confirmation from Verizon. When I asked for a copy of the record, she claimed to have never said there was a record. They put a lot of fancy talk around it. The double opt is simply a text msg sent to them. Most carriers don't carry text message records that show destination... His means that your case is not easy to prove.

Predicto should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know how they are still operating.

• Ka
      28th of Apr, 2009

I have never signed up for this company. I got charged 3 different charges of 9.99! In ONE month. I LET IT GO. Called my provider had the number blocked and got on this web page and sent a msg for them to stop to the support. I ALSO TEXT that 654654 crap and they sent a "ACCESS DENIED" text back to me!! What kind of crap is this?
    I now have ANOTHER 9.99 charge on my cell. STOP THIS MADNESS!!!

• Ra

2725 capehart ave.
    Peru
    Indiana
    peterd64@yahoo.com

WE HAVE WARNED YOU!!! I WILL MORTGAGE MY HOME IF I HAVE TOO...I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I SUE PREDICTO FOR EVERYTHING.YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER, PAT ROBERTS...ROBERTS LAW FIRM.TIRED OF CONSTANT UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES...DEB MORGAN, PETER ADAMS...

• Sn
      12th of May, 2009

I also am being scammed by Predicto. I may have signed up, I don't know - but as soon as I saw the charge on my bill I cancelled - I texted "stop" to 654654 as instructed on February 24 2009, and here we are in May and I'm still being charged.

Their reply when I questioned it?

"Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department. As per your request, your account was cancelled and no further billings will occur, as a former member you are still eligible to participate in the year-end $50, 000 sweepstakes drawing.

The terms and conditions for billing are clearly stated to customer both at the time of sign-up and after validation (please feel free to visit http://www.predictomobile.com/index.cfm?fuse=memberterms for more information).

The $9.99 fee is non-refundable, we are very sorry to see you go and hope that you decide to join our service in the future."

UH ... No, Predicto. Wrong answer. You owe me a refund! I canceled it in FEBRUARY!

• Cu

Deb and Peter

Please call us at 800-360-0518.– we staff our customer services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year - and we’ll take care of this situation. Or you can email us your cell phone number at cs_support@PredictoMobile.com referencing your post and we will promptly address this matter and send you back a confirmatory email letting you know that we’ve fixed the problem.

But you should know that PredictoMobile is one of the most popular premium mobile services in the United States. We pride ourselves on an active involved subscriber base who enjoy voting on surveys, entering sweepstakes and earning Loyalty Points redeemable for Rewards merchandise like iPods, Xboxes and Gift Cards. We use an industry best practice double opt-in sign-up procedure to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups. And we have some of the best most responsive customer service in the industry. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518.

So please call us or drop us an email and give us a chance to address your concerns.

14th of May, 2009

just got cell bill... another unauthorized charge! anyone interested in joining our class action lawsuit please contact us at...peterd64@yahoo.com help us shut down these ### scammers...

14th of May, 2009

join my class action lawsuit...lets shut down these ###!!!contact me at...peterd64@yahoo.com...stopping the madness...

14th of May, 2009

customer service does not care...if they did they would stop billing me...i have started a class action lawsuit against them...join us at...peterd64@yahoo.com...predicto mobile is scamming millions of fine people like us...we will make a difference...they have really gone too far this time...pissed off in indiana...