Precisioncamera.com / Precision camera repairs are garbage

Precision Camera repair out of Enfield Ct and El Paso Tx are the same company and I would urge anybody who cares about their cameras to stay away from Precision.

They destroyed my camera that just had a lens error. Now the screen doesn't light up and my flash won't work most of the time.

Further research and I discovered they have the cameras repaired in Mexico.

Precision Camera should be the last choice on anybody's list for repairs.

They refused to honor their warranty saying that I waited too long and it's not the problem that I paid them to fix. I never had these problems with my camera before. Gee, I wonder who caused them.

PRECISION CAMERA REPAIRS ARE GARBAGE

P.S. Learn to call your customers back when you say you will. Your repairs are garbage and your customer service is just as bad. My camera still don't work yet I paid for it to be repaired. My opinion is that you're a ripoff scam and if you actually cared you would have called me back.

Op

Comments

• Te
      21st of Feb, 2012
    Precisioncamera.com - Big waste of money for repairing a camera
    precisioncamera.com

Precision Camera (aka: www.precisioncamera.com) is a big waste of money for repairing a camera. They screwed me around, billed my credit card for nothing, and then sent my camera back to me broken in and even worse condition than I had sent it to them in. They are not friendly in the area of customer service and I wouldn't wish theme on my worst enemy. Their service seriously needs improvement. How can they get away with billing me and not fixing the camera. The location I had sent it into was in Conneticut but I'm sure the one in El Paso can't be better since its the same company. I will be contesting this. Precision Camera, you are a ripoff and I will be reporting you to the attorney general if I am not refunded. You fixed nothing on my camera so why should I be paying you? Why don't you return calls? I sent it in for a lens error problem. I got it back and it does the same thing precision people. I want my money back already since you didn't fix a thing on my camera.

• Do
      29th of Feb, 2012
    Precisioncamera.com - I wasted my money and my camera is still broke
    precisioncamera.com

They jerked me around and left my camera worse off than when they started. Don't deal with there place in El Paso Texas. There website is at www.precisioncamera.com Jokers and bad service. I read that they are fixing the cameras cheaply in Mexico which explains their location. I wasted my money and my camera is still broke. Go elsewhere for service, precision is poor.

• Ol
      5th of Mar, 2012
    Precisioncamera.com - PrecisionCamera.com is a ripoff
    precisioncamera.com

PrecisionCamera.com is a ripoff. They give you the price first and then once they "evaluate" it and find out what it really needs, the price skyrockets. You can read about this on the web, they give you a price for the problem and what they think it usually is and what part it needs. Then it gets there and it's a different part then they quoted you to fix the problem. I DON'T CARECWHAT PART IT NEEDS, YOU QUOTEDME FIR THE PROBLEM I TOLD YOU IT HAD! I couldn't even decline it without paying them for looking at it. PRECISION CAMERA IS A RIPOFF SCAM FOR REPAIRING DIGITAL CAMERAS. Sony can repair these too, not just Precision Camera, the ripoff place!

• De
      16th of Mar, 2012
    Precisioncamera.com - What a pathetic place to fix a camera
    precisioncamera.com

What a pathetic place to fix a camera. The location in El Paso is small considering how many cameras they claim they repair. Come to find out, they send the cameras to Mexico to be fixed out there. The process is long and the repair work is poor. My camera still doesn't work. Don't have your camera fixed by Precision Camera unless you like bad service and you still want your camera to be broken. If I wanted it to be fixed in Mexico then I would have sent it there myself. They are fixing these in Juarez which is on the other side of the border of El Paso Texas. Look Juarez Mexico up on google, it's like a third world country in that place. Google Juarez Mexico and see fir yourself. They have extremely low standards on quality which explains why my camera is still not working even after I paid. Precision Camera should be telling people this upfront.

• Il
      28th of May, 2012
    Precisioncamera.com - What a pathetic place to fix a camera
    precisioncamera.com

THE WORST PLACE TO FIX A DIGITAL CAMERA.

Precision Camera in El Paso TX

Website is www.precisioncamera.com

They destroyed my camera that could have been fixed.

I paid them for nothing. My camera is scratched now and still don't work. They didn't care when I called. BAD BUSINESS!

• Te
      4th of Jun, 2012
    Precisioncamera.com - They still haven't repaired my camera after going back and forth
    precisioncamera.com

They still haven't repaired my camera after going back and forth.

They overcharge considering much of the repair work is done is Juarez Mexico. The repair work is very poor which is to be expected because I imagine they are paying the factory workers in Juarez, Mexico next to nothing.

I used the one in El Paso Texas and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Precision Camera is on the low side of quality work. Find another place if you want a good repair to your camera.

• Gi
      6th of Aug, 2012
    Precisioncamera.com - They ripped me off and there are complaints all over the web
    precisioncamera.com

PRECISION CAMERA SUCKS FOR WORK!

Their website gave me the price and then a month after they got my camera they tell me it's more than double and there site is just a guide and that's what it usually is for my cameras problem.

I authorized the repair and the camera repair was almost $200.

So fine, I paid it and then my camera comes back and it isn't working, my screen is cracked! They tell me that was already like that and I need to pay more if I want that fixed. That was a lie, it was never broken. If so, why wasn't it on the estimate.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM PRECISION CAMERA. THEY RIPPED ME OFF AND THERE ARE COMPLAINTS ALL OVER THE WEB IN THEIR UNSCRUPULOUS PRACTICES.

I should add that their staff members who answer the phones are rude and could use sine manners. Don't use this place for anything!

14th of Sep, 2013

I'm in the same boat. Back to them and me three time snow and my camera still doesn't work. First it was back to them twice for a lens error and the third time was be ause it would focus properly. The work is just so rotten at Precision Camera. I'm not sure how they're in business. I will add, the website quoted me a price but when it got to them it more than doubled my price. They told me they also found liquid damage in my camera and that's impossible unless they did it. What should have been $100 wound up being over $200. Each time they keep the camera for months and then it comes back not working again. Their staff seem to have attitude problems if you ask for a manager. Getting a refund has been impossible. What the hell am I supposed to do. I paid a fortune for this repair and I just keep sending it back and forth and they never get it right. I would call this the worst place to fix a camera.

14th of Sep, 2013

PRECISION CAMERA SCAMMED ME OUT OF A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS ON A REPAIR AND THE CAMERA STILL DON'T WORK!

14th of Sep, 2013

And the price their website quotes is a fraud! My cost to repair was more than double what the site said. Oh yeah, my camera still doesn't work. After three attempts to fix a lens error, not it don't focus. PRECISION CAMERA IS A SERIOUS RIPOFF SCAM. Don't get any camera repaired there. They're fixing them in Mexico which explains the poor quality repairs. This place is total c*** for repairs. I should get my money back but instead they want me to send my camera in a forth time. I've been dealing with their location in El Paso Texas AKA: Juarez, Mexico They should be out of business!

4th of Oct, 2013

I sent my canon camera to precision camera (out in the west texas town of El Paso). They didn't call me when they got it. I emailed numerous times and got no response. The time you hold on their phone system is beyond anything I've ever seen and then you hope you get a rep with a half a brain.

5 months later... Dun dun dun dun

I get billed almost triple the original quote. Supposedly they found more stuff wrong with my camera. Then I get a camera back and it's not even my damn camera.

I call them up and the girl has the nerve to tell me it's a better camera than I sent them and it's probably a mixup and they wouldn't be able to find mine.

What a scam this precision camera place is. I will never recommend anyone go near them for any repair of any kind.

They got me but good on mine.

F-

4th of Oct, 2013

I WENT THROUGH HELL WITH PRECISION CAMERA TOO.

Precisioncamera.com IS A BIG SCAM : DO NOT TRUST THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK GETTING SUCKERED LIKE THEY GOT ME.

4th of Oct, 2013

Funny that my repair nearly tripled AND then they send me back someone else's camera.

Precision Camera (out in the west texas town of El Paso) SCAMMED ME!

4th of Oct, 2013

Yours doubled and my repair bill nearly tripled and then I got back a different canon camera from what I sent them. Just a big scam!

4th of Oct, 2013

Precision camera is a scam. After what they did they did to me on my repair how could I think otherwise?

The repair price tripled yet I just had a lens error. They say it got went inside when it didn't.

Then I get back a different customers camera.

FRAUDULENT PLACE = PRECISIONCAMERA.COM

• Gu
      5th of Oct, 2013

AVOID PRECISIONCAMERA.COM !

My complaints is as follows. I went on precisioncamera.com to have a camera repaired at this place. I followed the instructions and sent it to them. Then I hear nothing. I called in for a status report on my camera and they can't even locate the camera. They find it then tell me the price will be higher because my camera had been opened and more was broken. They are liars! I have never opened my camera. I did take it to a local shop but the guy only looked at it and did not take it apart. Precision camera was not giving me a price of more than $200. That was when they first rubbed me wrong. Then I call in a week later and they tell me they haven't even gotten my camera yet! I screamed at this point, they just told me they looked at it a week before and the price increased! They did surprisingly call me back that they had located it and were checking it immediately that day. They didn't call me so I called back and got the same bs that I had opened it and it was going to be more than $200. I couldn't get them to understand that I knew they were scamming me. They couldn't care less. I paid the bill which was wrong and then no camera comes back. I call in again and I was told they hadn't looked at my camera yet. I was thinking again. Then they tell me my camera had liquid inside and it was going to cost about $180. I just went off yelling now. A manager was supposed to come on the line and didn't. Also a manager did not call me back as promised. I just got the box back and the camera is broken still. How is this place still operating. I'm out $200 and have given up dealing with them. Avoid them at any and all costs. They are just brutal to deal with.

• Es
      9th of Oct, 2013

Sent my canon to precision and from that point it was a mess.

They did even let me know it got to them. I had to be the one to call.

The amount of time they leave you sitting in hold is just unacceptable. The staff I talked to both made me feel like they were doing me the favor. They certainly showed no appreciation for my business.

I got my camera back already but it took about three months for the whole thing. Now after a month it's not working again,

I called them up and they just stuck me on hold. They don't know who they're dealing with because I am persistent and I'll keep holding and tie up their phone all day if I have to. Finally someone tells me that it isn't covered because that is not what I paid to get first. It sure wasn't having this problem before.

Then they give me an estimate to fix what they broke. Not a chance of me paying them one red cent again.

I'll get it fixed elsewhere and by the way they stripped out the two screws in the bottom of my camera. I can only what my camera looks like on the inside where I can't see.

Wasted money on the repair with them and they would not stand behind the repair work. Go elsewhere if you don't what to deal with what I did. They have been such a disappointment to to business through.

13th of Nov, 2013

The precision camera in El Paso sucks! They didn't honor the price quote on there website and they told me they found more problems. They don't respond to emails I send either.

REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

This place totally sucks at repairs too. Now tha I got my camera back the lens is making a different noise and I didn't get my battery back either.

13th of Nov, 2013

My repair price quoted on their website wasn't honored because they magically just find more stuff wrong with my camera. They didn't respond to my emails about my battery that I never got back. Now my camera is making a clicking sound. Precision Camera is a scam.

Report the to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF EL PASO

13th of Nov, 2013

Report them to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

My experience was bad. The price on their website wasn't honored on my repair. I never got responses to the many emails I sent. The camera lens is making a clicking noise now. And I never got my battery back and now they just ignore my emails.

The BBB of El Paso should be able to help with those still going through the trouble of repairing a camera at Precision Camera.

• Sk
      4th of Dec, 2013

IF YOU WANT TO GET BACK YOUR CAMERA STILL BROKEN AND THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY TO REPAIR IT BUT DO NOT REPAIR IT THEN SEND IT TO PRECISION CAMERA. I SENT MINE TO THEM AND THEY SUCK BIG TIME. I PAID AND THEY RETURNED MY CAMERA AFTER WAITING MONTHS AND IT IS BROKEN THE SAME WAY I SENT IT. I DONT EVEN THINK THEY WORKED ON IT. AFTER CALLING THEM I THOUGHT THEY'D BE SURPRISED BUT THEY WERE NOT. THEY SAID TO SEND IT BACK. WHEN I READ ALL THE NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES AND COMPLAINTS I DECIDED NOT TO SEND IT BACK. MAYBE THEY WOULD HAVE FIXED IT BUT I CAN'T SAY EITHER WAY EXCEPT TO SAY THAT I DONT TRUST THEM. THIS WAS A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF MONEY.