Precision Garage DoorOverpriced

Garage door stopped working and I called precision. Took a half afternoon off to meet the tech at our house. He informed us that the door would need heavier springs, new rollers and a saddle ( gear) replacement. Said the weight of the insulation added to the door was the issue driving the new, heavier springs. While the diagnosis appeared to be logical ( I've only been in the house < 1 year) he charged us $720 dollars for the work. Only $85 of this was labor- he was done in less than 30 minutes. Found out afterward I could have gone the springs for $50/ pair; $35 for the saddle gear and $25 for the rollers. I'm kicking myself for paying a 600% mark-up for these parts. Company is very slick on the way they rip you off and now I have my doubts about what was really needed.

Je
Feb 09, 2015

Comments

• Ro
      Nov 23, 2015

Bait and Switch...Quoted $160.00 to replace broken a broken spring, after waiting all day, repairman showed up and gave three quotes ranging from $450.00 to $700.00. Then tried collecting $50.00 service charged that I refused to pay. I called another company and had it replaced for $220.00 the same day.

• Ro
      Nov 23, 2015

Unhappy with company for wasting my time.