Precision Camera and Video Repair / Digital camera repair!

Sent Kodak camera in to them on three separate occasions under factory warranty. Each time, camera was logged in and logged out as "repaired" on the same day of receipt. Each time the problem was not corrected. Each time their repair statement said "adjusted to factory specifications" which is roughly akin to pumping up a tire with a slow leak to 32 pounds and saying it is repaired. Now the camera is being sent to Kodak customer care so we'll see. It has been almost three months now and I have not been able to use the camera. Terrible repair service.

A  12th of Aug, 2007 by
What a mistake sending my camera to Precision! I hope it eventually comes back. After I sent it in, I waited about five days, then checked their website for repair status. They'd placed a hold without Emailing to let me know, for "entitlement issues"," which I guessed meant they had to check with me to see if they were still entitled to fix it -- how 'bout some layman English, huh? I called and they gave me a price $30 higher than their quote. I said why? They didn't know. They didn't know where I got my figure from, but when I said "From YOU!" they re-checked and found THREE different prices for my repair! The woman said it should be the one quoted to me, but she would check on the right figure and call me back to confirm the amount before they charged it. I didn't hear anything back for two days, so I checked the website again and nothing had changed. I called, got another woman who couldn't say for sure when my camera would be fixed. I signed on the next day -- and my camera wasn't even in the system! Today it's still delayed but says "parts ordered;" I hope that's true and not another cover-up.
A  22nd of Apr, 2008 by
precision is crooks I sent a sony camera in under warranty as it would shut its self off after taking 3 or 4 pics. They recieve the camera and tell me it has a broken lcd screen 110 dollar repair. I believe someone there dropped it to break the screen. Never again will I purchase a sony product as a couple of my friends have the same camera and they have a history of just powering down on there own. They however returned them to the stores where purchased.
N  15th of Dec, 2010 by
Sent Nikkor 105/2.8 AF Micro D lens for repair, which is a pretty expansive lens. A BIG mistake! Checked the repair status in two weeks on their website: Payment Due. Please Call (800) 665-6515. So, they needed more money (25% more). Asked for the new invoice and the reason for the expansive repair. OK, they confirmed the new price by email, but for a WRONG lens! Since then they won't answer to phone calls or emails. Now I doubt that I will get my lens back at all, repaired to "factory specifications" or not repaired. The next step will be to call to their local BBB office, then to a police to report a stolen item. Please, stay away from the Precision Camera, CT 06082.