Precision Auto Body / Bad service

7654 Tampa AvenueReseda, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5

Precision Auto Body in Reseda is in my opinion a very bad choice on where to take your car.. Although the body work they performed for me was of high quality, they were slow, expensive they have no concept of customer service once they get your car in the shop and their practice of defrauding customers and not acting in good faith in disclosure of their practices is alarming and is undermining the reputation of the dealerships that refer their body work to them, namely Bob Smith BMW, Mercedes-Benz of Calabasas and Acura 101 West.

Precision Auto Body claimed they had to rent a frame straightening jig for repairs on my car, however after an exhaustive investigation, I found that the company they supposedly rented the jig from, I.A.G. Sales and Leasing, is owned and operated in the same building as Precision Auto Body. Both companies are incorporated under the same shell corporation, Investors Alliance Group. They then use a fraudulent address on their fake rental invoice to make it appear as though they rented the jig from another location. That other location is not a rental facility, but a Fixed Based Operation where they park their corporate airplane at Van Nuys Airport. When challenged, shop manager, Bill Lawyer, rudely stated that they �have to make a profit somewhere� and had absolutely no remorse for the fraud they commit. If they cannot convince a collision adjuster to allow the charge by allowing the rental or bumping up their labor hours, they then bill the customer. So in this case, I had to pay $225 to Precision or they would not release my car.

Along with this, their main representatives, Danny York and Bill Lawyer (A.K.A William Lawyer) were rude and hardly ever returned phone calls. Of the 22 calls I left for them during the nearly 3 months it took them to repair my car, I received only 4 callbacks. A repair that was originally estimated at $3, 700 was finally completed at over $14, 000 and I was still left with nearly $800 in incidentals that they did not complete.
Va

More Precision Auto Body Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ja
  17th of Sep, 2008

Precision Auto Body claimed they had to rent a frame straightening jig for repairs on my car, however after an exhaustive investigation, I found that the company they supposedly rented the jig from, I.A.G. Sales and Leasing, is owned and operated in the same building as Precision Auto Body. Both companies are incorporated under the same shell corporation, Investors Alliance Group. They then use a fraudulent address on their fake rental invoice to make it appear as though they rented the jig from another location. That other location is not a rental facility, but a Fixed Based Operation where they park their corporate airplane at Van Nuys Airport. When challenged, shop manager, Bill Lawyer, rudely stated that they “have to make a profit somewhere” and had absolutely no remorse for the fraud they commit. If they cannot convince a collision adjuster to allow the charge by allowing the rental or bumping up their labor hours, they then bill the customer. So in this case, I had to pay $225 to Precision or they would not release my car.

Again, this is a very poor provider of dealer referred auto body repair. You are better off using sites like this or your insurance company. I am now pursuing other ways to at least get the rental jig refunded, you can see the status of my progress at tinyurl.com/3jk7e2
Gr
  13th of Aug, 2009

Precision Auto Body - Terrible experience
Precision Auto Body

My car started chipping and flaking just after 6 months. $75, 000 Benz..They took a week to me about my car after the manger bill said he will call me later that day.. Worst service ever. I will never use them again nor will my friends.
An
  2nd of Nov, 2009
$3700 to $14K! something is terribly amiss. You are into felony level crime at that number.

did you get the dealer involved? did not the dealer manage the process on your behalf?
What about insurance, I needed work and my insurance company sent me to a body shop. I paid the body shop my deductible and the rest was handled by the insurance co.

Seems like they saw you coming.
Sh