Precious Pets Paradise / Won't ship item, but charges for it!

South Florida, FL, United States Review updated:
4.1

I ordered a Sherpa Cat Carrier on February 19, 2008. It is now March 5, 2008, and the carrier has not arrived. Nor have I received confirmation that it is shipped. I have emailed the company three times about the order, and three times I have been told that they would "check with the warehouse" to see if it has shipped. (The online shipment tracking was not working. Imagine that.) Never has anything been told to me about whether the order was shipped, backordered, canceled, who knows. I'm sure that it has been charged to my credit card, though. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! IT IS A SHAM! Any company worth anything would give you updates on shipping, order status, etc. They have avoided giving any answers in their communications to me. They are ignoring the issue, and I am beginning to wonder if this company is even real. I have also filed a complaint with the online Better Business Bureau about this company.
Me

More Precious Pets Paradise Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sh
  23rd of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I totally disagree with the complaint. I have ordered many times from Precious Pets Paradise and have nothing but excellent results, even customer service was great. They knew their products very well and was shipped right on time. I'm sure if you were having problems, there must be a good reason why. This company doesnt seem like a fly by night type of outfit.

I would try to phone again and speak with a manager to see if there is a good reason why this has happened to you.
Se
  8th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have been experiencing the same issues with this sham of a company. I placed an order just under a month ago and have yet to receive the product or receive notice the items were shipped. I contacted them through email twice and never even received a response.
Di
  16th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I totally agree --I contacted them through email eight times and via telephone three times and finally received ONE response. The item they shipped without a receipt is damaged . They want me to pay to ship it back to them.
The people who own /run this company are completely over the top. There is NO customer service and they are sarcastic when they do respond.
I am reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau.
An
  7th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Same problem here. Ordered a carrier on April 12; they charged my card on April 14 and never shipped. I followed-up by email on April 18th and didn't get a response during the next week. Since I used Google Checkout, I contacted them, and they also tried to contact Precious Pets Paradise. Another five business days went by. It's now a nearly a month after my original order, and I haven't heard anything from the merchant.
Ba
  23rd of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I did have a similar situation at Precious Pets and I had submitted a complaint to Complaints Board. I can no longer find my complaint, but wanted to communicate the resolution.

I wrote directly to the manufacturer of the product. The manufacturer contacted Precious Pets and Pam called me immediately. She explained they had an IT issue that affected both their phone lines and their email system.

I received the product within five business days and am absolutely thrilled with the product - a Bowser Double Donut Dog Bed.
Sp
  7th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I just had to try precious pets because they had the best prices. So despite the complaints posted here I ordered a dog bed and raised feeder. I must say I had no problem communicating with this company, they shipped my feeder the next day and the bed followed only 3 days after I ordered it. I was sent tracking numbers and when I emailed to confirm my order had been recieved I got an immediate response. Thanks Precious Pets Paradise for providing a superior product, fast shipping and friendly, efficient customer service.
Ge
  14th of Mar, 2009
Genny's person

I agree with the complaint. They take your money, product does not arrive, they do not answer their phones or email, or even regular mail. They should not be allowed. In my case, no delivery after 2 weeks; despite telephone calls and emails about 3 times a week, over a 3 week period, no response. Product did finally arrive, great product (bowser dog bed) but what a hassle. Cheap price = cheap service.
Ag
  15th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I have run an online business for years and I have heard customerscall and complain with similar complaints as 'Genny's person", the funny thing is that I clearly list on my site that ordersship out in 1-3 weeks and customersJUST DON'T READ! It is unfair to slam a company when you don't take responsibility on educating yourself. I ordered a Bowser Dog Bed from Precious Pets Paradise. I clearly read on their site that the bed was made to order and it may take 3-7 business days to complete BEFORE it would ship. 3-7 business days is almost two whole weeks! And then there is shipping time, I live in CA and this bed ships from somewhere closer to the East Coast so yeah...there is another 5 days or so by UPS Ground. Sounds like a time frame of 2-3 weeks. My bed was on the way in 6 business days and took another 6 days to travel to my location - I was sent an email with tracking as soon as it shipped. I make it MY responsibility to KNOW when I can expect an order. Sorry to rant but having been at the opposite end of this banter I can certainly understand the time frame appartently better than others! Precious Pets Paradise you get a thumbs up from me - a customer who READS all the PRINT! Also don't expect a company to answer the phone 24/7...it is run by humans even though its an internet business!
Sa
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
I agree with the complaint - totally unresponsive to customers. Order placed May 2, 2009, it is now June 3, 2009 and I still do not have the item. They did charge my credit card however. Sent 3 e-mails and made two phone calls - no response at all. On the phone, no matter which choice I selected, I ended up in the same place - leave a message, we will look into it and call you back. Of course no one ever called and the order tracking function on their website does not work. How convenient. I intend to file a complaint with my state atttorney general's office.
Do
Agree Disagree +4 Votes
This is one of the best stores we have ever dealt with. I don't see why this post is even here.
Cs
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Hey All, I was just going back to this store when I found this post. Wow! I have ordered 3 different products from this company...waiting on the fourth right now. Only one time did I call and have to leave a message. Waited a few hours and called back and got a live person. Sometimes I didn't call at all and I still got my product within a two week period. You all read that some of the items are made to order? right? Anyway, I am a breeder and as a "perk" to those who buy my pups I send a bed to their home and have been using Precious Pets Paradise for this service. I could not be happier with the product, shipping times and friendly staff! Signed, a truly satisfied Repeat Customer
Do
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
We have found this post on your website that is attacking our company Precious Pets Paradise based on unfounded accusations.

Before handing this over to our attorneys to move forward with a motion to sue your company for slander and damages from defamation, I would like to give you an opportunity to remove this post until you have proof of what these anonymous people are saying on your site. Or express your thoughts on this topic.

It has become a well known practice to have companies’ competitors’ post unfounded and untrue posts just to make the other company look bad. We do not practice this and do not allow other companies to do it to us.

We take great pride in 100% customer satisfaction and have a real problem with unfounded complaints about our company which has been in business for many years.

We will pursue to the fullest extent of the law in matters of defamation against our hard worked and well respected company.

I await your response at admin@precious-pets-paradise.com

If anyone feels they need clarification on any issues please call our offices and we would be more than happy to speak with you on any of your thoughts.

President
Precious Pets Paradise.com
Re
  25th of Sep, 2009
Dear Precious Pet President,
You need to check your company's records before you threaten to sue. I order a dog bed about a month ago and it came within a week with no problem. I thought how great the service was so I ordered another one but in a different size for another dog of mine. After two weeks, I called many times to see when my order might come. Needless to say, no one answered, only voice mail. I left message after message and have not heard from one person to this day which has been almost a month. I have also sent emails and haven't heard a word. I would feel better if someone had called to say when to expect my order. My credit card has already been charged and I will get that bill before any order would come. I will be glad for you to look up my order number #25001 to see for yourself.

Reatha Clark
Cj
  27th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Extremely unprofessional Company. I ordered a dog bed on July 1 and because I had read that the beds are custom made, did not get concerned until the end of August. My Visa had been charged on July 17 so I wrongly assumed the bed would eventually arrive. WRONG! Beginning in September, I started calling and leaving messages - no answer. I then started e-mailing with no response. I finally was able to contact Pam on 10/16 through the live chat feature on the web page. Apologies were made with promises to ship the next week. On 10/18, I get an e-mail requesting shipping costs. Okay, so three and a half months have past since the order was placed, they have had my money for three months, and now she wants me to pay shipping on an order that was confirmed through her own web page with free shipping. After exchanging e-mails until the 20th, Precious Pets Paradise shut down communications with me. Given ample opportunity to work this out, she just stopped e-mails. I have filed a fraud complaint with my Visa card and have rec'd a refund. Don't walk away from this company, RUN
Ma
  21st of Nov, 2009
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +4 Votes
Love this place. I ordered three dog beds over the past two years from them and have received great service everytime.

I made sure to read shipping times as every one is so into instant gratification so I wasn't in the least bit surprised when my last order took 5 days before it shipped.

I would definitely recommend this company and have recommended this company to many of my pet loving friends but understand the beds are actually made once they are ordered. How great to give my precious pet a bed that is not sitting on some shelf collecting dust until I order it.
Sh
  19th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Three dog beds later, one stroller, one booster bath and two car seats I cannot express how easy and helpful this company has been to deal with. I don't usually get involved with posting online but I just can't imagine that we are dealing with the same company. I don't consider myself a needy customer however I have called a couple of times with questions and have always received a return phone call if my call was not answered immediately. I just had to post, this company has been too good to me to stay silent.
Ne
  1st of Jun, 2011
I want to order a cat stroller but i need peoples opinions...i want a cat stroller to take my cat out and about is the stroller going to be good or should i buy something else please help me ASAP my parents are saying its a waste of money but i think that my cat is going to look adorable my parents are saying to buy something else but i really want the stroller will people laugh at me?
Po
  8th of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
I agree with this complaint. I ordered a dog bed from them, received a confirmation email, and then got no notification of shipment email and no dog bed. I tried to call the customer service number on the email, and it rang once then went dead silent - and nobody answered. I double checked the number and tried three times, same result. I think this is a credit card or identity theft site. Don't use them. Even if they are legit, they have crummy service.
Po
  17th of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
The bed finally arrived, and the color is PLUM not TERA COTTA, which was the color that I ordered. So I got hold of Precious Pets Paradise, and now they are saying that since the manufacturer (who is in Canada by the way) says it's tera cotta, even though it's nowhere near the color that the rest of the world would say is tera cotta, then I am stuck with it but I can buy a cover of a different color. BUY a cover to cover up their misrepresentation of a non-negotiable color? I don't think so. This company appears to be a mom and pop middleman outfit. They have nowhere near the customer service you'd expect from a reputable company like Dr. Foster and Smith. When the color arrived wrong, they should have exchanged it regardless of what the manufacturer said. Or given me the cover free. So now I am waiting for them to get back to me. I have a feeling I will be stuck with a plum colored bed, or paying for a cover, but at least my dog won't know the difference.
Af
  7th of Oct, 2011
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
I placed an order on September 1, 2011. I checked out with google checkout that had my old mailing address. I did not notice when I checked out, because I filled out my correct address on the web site information. I got a shipping notification on my dog bed. When I did not receive it, I tracked the package to find out where it had been shipped. It had been shipped to another address. I am not blaming Precious Pets for that error. However, I called them on two occasions to rectify the situation and give them a correct address. I, also, emailed them. No one ever responded to my inquiries. I checked my credit card and it had not been charged. Therefore, after almost 3 weeks of waiting on Precious Pets to reply to my phone calls and emails, I placed an order for the same bed with another company. I received the other bed right away. I went to pay my credit card today and I noticed that Precious Pets charged my card on October 2nd (31 days after my order). I have never received any merchandise from them nor have they returned my phone calls or email. I disputed the charge with my credit card company, but wanted to let other consumers know that this business lacks in customer service and ethics. How are they going to charge me for something I never received? In addition, how are you going to charge my card 30 days after I placed the order and not ship me anything? Save yourself some time and order from someone else. I wish I would have read the other negative reviews before placing my order.