Pre-Paid Vanilla Visa Cards / Unable to activate purchased Vanilla Visa Cards

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I recently purchased 2- $150.00 Vanilla Visa Cards from Shoppers at Sherway Gardens. When the cashier rang them in, she advised me there was a problem with the cards and that the number on the package did not match the number on the actual cards. After much checking, I was advised that the cards would not work and I would have to call the 1-800 number. I told her I didn't want the cards and to refund my cc. She said she couldn't do that as this was a "third party" purchase and there was nothing Shoppers could do. Replacing these cards has been a nightmare - many calls - lost replacement cards, new cards issued. Finally I got the cards and sent them to my customer who had been patiently waiting only to find out he couldn't activate the cards. I had to call them again and found out that they put MY birthday in as the secret code to activate. This has been a nightmare. I will NEVER purchase a pre-paid card from Shoppers again and I would suggest that the buyer beware of any "third party product" sold through Shoppers because apparently they can't stand behind these products once sold.

Le