prayercross.com / misleading

I just saw a commercial on tv that talked about a Prayer Cross that features a "secret center stone that, when held up to the light, reveals the entire Lord's Prayer." for one thing, it's not the ENTIRE Lord's prayer. They showed it and it said most of it, but after the " deliver us from evil " part, it said " Amen." It left out " for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. "

I just thought that was misleading, claiming to be the ENTIRE Lord's prayer, when it isn't. Just thought you should be aware of it, that's all. Other than that, it looks like a nice cross.

A  5th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree that, "for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever" is not part of the Lord's Prayer in the Gospels. It was added many centuries later, therefore, these words very familiar to most Christians. Also, there is more than one translation of the Lord's Prayer. One translation uses the word which instead of who, and debtors instead of trespassers, however, all translations or additions are faithful to the true meaning of the Lord's Prayer given to us by Jesus Christ. It is a matter of personal preference whether you want to buy the prayer cross.
A  1st of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was glad to know before ordering that this cross does not have "for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever". Thanks alot, Jackie White
D  26th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The doxology added at the end of the Lord's prayer was added by the English church. I say it because I have always done so, but if you look at the actual translation, there is no doxology at the end of the Lord's Prayer. Most people do not add in Jesus' Name which later told by Jesus, for us to do when we pray. So, we should add in Jesus' Name, if anything, at the end. As I say, I still speak the doxology when I say the Lord's prayer each day because it is beautiful and is a worship to God the Father, but it is not from the English church, not from actual translation.

Myproblem is there is not a contact number to be found in your advertisement on line. I inadvertantly ordered too many crosses and need to return a box.
A  26th of Feb, 2010 by
Sorry, at the end of the sentence from russtimar, I miss-typed. ...but it is from the English church and is not in any actual translation.