PowerTea / Taking money out my account without authorization!

1 UT84062-1158Pleasant Grove, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-544-6590

I ordered same tea that was free of charge, paid shipping and handling, for a one time charge i received more tea without my consent along with unauthorized charges to my account. This is scam, beware!

Comments

• Sc
      20th of Dec, 2007

Notice it states get Free bottle plus $4.95*

That means there is something you have to read. There are terms and conditions at the bottom. You need to read them.

These terms and conditions are explained here:

You have to be a savvy consumer. Nothing is free, you don't get a free lunch. That is why the company posts the terms and conditions. In them it shows how to unsubscribe & it states that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. You should call their customer service at: 1-866-544-6590 to return any unopened product.

Pablo

• Pa
      29th of Dec, 2007

i agree,when i called and told the company that i could not take this product after trying it.and to cancel the next bottle as it would be a waste as i could not take it.i had already been charged for the second bottle that i still had not at that time recieved.being told to just send it back and my money would be put bank account . i have sent the product back as i just got it on 12/26/07,and was told all moneys taken would be put back.as of now my account is in the red to the tune of 90.00 dollars now.as this matter, no matter how i've tryed to email and call many times to get this matter done and put to the right of which i have been wronged,nothing has been done on mbm&F-Power Tea's part. i have done what they have asked and they have not even once gave me a email or call back.and as of to this date 12/27/07 have not even had a refund that would and should have already been put back in a timley manner.and i do know there is a ten day time as this should have been done,as the first call was well past 15 to 16 days ago

• Jq
      10th of Jan, 2008

In December 2007 I received 2 bottles of your tea which I didn't order, but
    they were charged to my American Express card. I reported this to
    AX . Now today, I received another bottle which I am returning for
    credit (1-10-2008 ). I called your office to complain. they are removing
    my name.

I have not paid AX as they advised. Please expedite.

Thank you. Jack L. Barlow
    P.O.Box 145
    Duxbury, MA 02332

• Ro
      11th of Jan, 2008

I just got off the phone with this "Lady" who told me if I sent back the bottle I just received, I would get a credit. You HAVE to call them to cancel. I got into this on one of those stupid "make money online deals". When I cancelled that, I thought I was canceling the whole enchilada but learn from my mistakes folks.
    I just got of the phone with the Attorney Generals" office for the state of Ohio. They said to return the product "Certified Mail" and to let them (Ohio) know how it is handled once they (Power Tea) have signed for the returned product and how long it takes for the money to be credited to my credit card.

• Do
      26th of Jan, 2008

I paid the shipping and handling charges on the free bottle, did not see any mentioning of more bottles or charges. Refund money to my account!

• Te
      28th of Jan, 2008

I fell for the same hoax!! I called this lady at Powertea and she said that I had agreed to the terms of every 30 days receiving a bottle of power tea and being charged $59.99 . I DON"T think so!!! She said she could only refund one charge of $59.99 and they sent me two more!!! I would like all money refunded!!! This is so wrong!!!

• Ni
      31st of Jan, 2008

What a joke this company is. Thankfully Capital One advised me of fraudulent activity on my card and issued me a new card. I've never even heard of power tea until the charge showed up on my credit card. Obviously a desperate and dishonest company. A big thanks to Capital One for helping me get the last laugh on this company.

• Do
      2nd of Feb, 2008

I too live in Ohio. a bottle of this(powertea) showed up in my mailbox today. I too had never heard of this or authorized any transactions by this company. A number of small amounts were taken out of my bank acct that added up to just over $50. How do they get away with this?

• Ka
      14th of Feb, 2008

Powertea (this one is located in Delaware) is a total scam! There are few literatures out there, but mine clearly stated, "Try the FREE sample bottle (pay only the shipping fee of $4.95)" and it was a beginning of a nightmare.

The sample did not agree with me, so I made sure that they won't send me anything else. Despite my effort, they sent me another bottle and charged my credit card without my consent. It was $59.50.

I called the company more than 10 times demanding refund, but they kept giving me that their system is down, etc. I called and emailed for 4 months. They never replied my emails.

I contacted BBB of Delaware and other agencies like Consumer Protection. Powertea ignored BBB, and BBB told me to take the matter to a local DA office.

In the meantime, I spoke to my credit card company and begged for help. Even though it was after 90 days, my CC company credited me back right away.

Then Powertea sends email to BBB saying that I tried to get double refund from the CC company and Powertea. This is a total lie, so I wrote to BBB again.

Powertea is the absolute scam and full of low lives working there.

• He
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I was cking for address of mbm&f pob 1158 pleasan grove, ut and found this scam beware site. That company sent me a cd in mail about mbm&f - you tube. Same address..
    It contained a 100 some pages of how to use u tube for benefit. Also they wanted $295to sign up with their company. Thank goodness I found all these negative about them. Sure not sending them any money. Again, thanks for the info..

• Ca
      19th of Mar, 2008

Today. mar 19, $59.50 was taken out of my checking account by power tea without my knowledge or authorization. I had sent for the free sample and like them. I don't know when or if i'll receive them or how many. Since phone calls don't seem to work, what am i supposed to do?

• Bo
      24th of Mar, 2008

I agree. I called by someone whom denied the charges to my account but yet said they would remove them. Now, they tell me again they will remove them after 7 to 10 days but by that time it has caused me to lose my ability to pay for other things I need the money for. Now, they are not sure whom the company is but told me that the company that charged me is not theirs and that they are not MBM&F and don't know whom they are. Boy, where is the FBI? Come on in and help yourself boys, if the Feds don't give a damn about policing the scams out here to hell with banking! Makes you wonder if the banks and the AFT is not involved and they are one and the same moneymakers. Hell, I am confused how someone can charge your account and take it immediately but when it comes to charging it back to your account the AFT says it can take 24 hours to 60 days. Wonder why? In the mean time if someone hits a million bank accounts for a dollar then after sixty days of investing that fraudulent money obtained then they are filthy rich from the interest on 60 days. Sounds like good money made on You-Tube to me. It is all a damn scam you all. Never buy again with your debit cards or credit cards on the internet unless we all can have the protection we deserve. Anyone on the internet that is advertising should have to show their names, telephone addressess, and total verification from a reputable source--but even then I got scammed by that also. I hired a Hollywood, California Chamber of Commerce board ceritfied legal aid to fill out some legal forms and never got them after 700+ dollars down the drain. I called the Commerce board and they said she just left town. Sounds like they were in the scam with her. You just don't know who to trust anymore and it seems that everyone out there is a scam all the way from a wino to the president.

• Be
      25th of Mar, 2008
    PowerTea - Unauthorized shipping!
    PowerTea
    P>O>Box 1158
    Pleasant Grove
    Utah

Sent for sample as advertised, then billed for two more bottles at %59.90 each. Called in complaint received one credit on credit card. Had okay to return, but still charged in March. Calling credit card office to get off my account.

• Ge
      14th of Apr, 2008

It seems there is more than one scam out of Pleasant Grove UT. Making money with you tube PObx 1158 Pleasant Grove UT is another. They sell a CD for 1.95 then chage you account at least twice more---one for $99 and one for $49.95 There is no information in their add that there will be further charges.
    I have filed a complaint with the BBB and notified my bank. I have also seen many other complaints about this company on line (to bad I didn't see them first).
    By the way they bill as weboffer-v out of Scottsdale AZ but the phone number they use is Pleasant Grove.

Hope this helps someone.
    Gene

• He
      29th of Apr, 2008

Thank you all for taking the time to comment on this! I feel for it as well and just recieved my first shipment. With your information I have emailed my Credit Card company and asked them to not allow another charge from that company. Not sure if this will work but at least it I have a paper trail started. I can not find a phone number or web site or any information on this company. Can someone please send me anyting you have been able to get?
    Greatly appreciated!!!

Heidi

• St
      5th of May, 2008

Hi Vanessa, the same thing happened to me. I was offer the same thing suppose to be free for 30 days, wounded up being 17 days then they charged me $99.00. I called my bank and told them to charge it back. Do you know by the next day they Power Tea charged me again. What did you do to get past this nonsense. This is indeed a scam.

• St
      5th of May, 2008
    PowerTea - Sneaky business tactics
    PowerTea
    P.O. Box 1158
    Pleasant Grove
    Utah
    www.powertea.com

They send you an e-mail advertising a free bottle of their product so I did it. Unfortunately it's not free at all!! They get your credit card number to process the "free offer" and your sucked in for $59.90. Nowhere do they advertise the price -but it's too late. When I got the second bottle a few weeks later and a bill, I called up to cancel. I didn't know I was getting a second bottle. Stupid me! But your only entitled to one refund on one bottle. When my credit card showed another $59.90 charge, I called again to explain they double billed me. But they said I was being charged for the first "free" bottle because I didn't return it within 14 days. They said it was spelled out in the terms of agreement. That is a joke! You have to click on Terms and Agreement in small print at the bottom of the page and read microscopic print that I realized that this is real scam. After calling them pleading with two separate customer service reps about their unfair practice of not stating clearly what you were getting and I deserved some sort of refund. Well - Forget it! Both said there is nothing they can do in a very cold tone and it was all spelled out. Legally they had their ### covered but this clearly is criminal practice of getting people sucked into there so called "free" product. I was just one of probably millions of e-mails that this company is sending out across the internet and I got caught. I wonder how many more got caught too! Something should be done to stop this type of advertising and business practice and I will do whatever I have to fight these people for the principal of it alone. I'm reporting this to the Better Business Bureau and if I get any satisfaction in stopping these crooks it will be worth it. Also, the product contains an ingredient that is not good for you according to doctors. So the product is misleading the public.

• Ca
      7th of May, 2008

I order this product and loved. I knew full well as to what I was ordering. If you read the terms and conditions you agree to when purchasing, you will see that it clearly states that you have a 15 day trial and after the trial ends they will bill you for the product and send a new bottle every month. You do have the option to cancel, but you have to call them to cancel. As for the product, it is a great product and I love it, have been taking it for 5 months now.

• Go
      7th of May, 2008

I ordered this product and I love it. It did say I would be charged in their terms and conditions, and that you would need to call in order to cancel. They have great customer service and offer 100% satisfaction when it comes to refunds on returned products. All you have to do is call. Their number is 866-544-6590

• Th
      12th of May, 2008

I got scammed on the web offer and Im furious!! as mentioned above, i had the same amts withdrawn from my bank account. Thanks Gene for posting!

I called and got the automatic debits cancelled. but now I have to fight to get the money back that they already took out. that totals 200.00!! all for a 1.95 cd

Im dusgusted!