PowersellerNYC / Fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased the Sharp AQUOS LC-32D64U TV which was represented as new on the PowersellerNYC website. After I made the intial purchase, I called and spoke to a representative at PowersellerNYC prior to the TV being shipped. I told the represenative, that I wanted to obtain information on how to track the TV shipment and explained I had tried to obtain this information online but was unable to do so. The representative told me the TV was still in the warehouse and the estimated timeframe for delivery. This same information was also sent to me via e-mail. At no time during the phone coversation or e-mail was I told that the TV I purchased would be a refrubished TV. In fact the Powersellernyc representative even asked me if I would like to extend the original manufactures warranty by purchasing additional warranty coverage. This company should be closed down. I have an open case with sharpusa #5257264.

Fe

Comments

• Bk
      15th of May, 2009

wow, I've read reviews and see a lot of people complain about the same thing. Its actually three companies operating as one, see here http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0261.htm,

I had a friend that got cursed out in the retail store and they sent some tall black dude outside to try and intimidate me.

• Jg
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I wish I would have read this sooner. Purchased a new TV from Powerseller NYC and they sent me a broken refurbished TV. They refuse to take it back, Buyer Beware!

• Pw
      12th of May, 2010

BEWARE OF THIS VENDOR. THEY ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY.

In early March 2010 I placed an order for a Mitsubishi HD3800 Home Theater Projector with PowersellerNYC online. A few days later I received a phone call early on a Saturday morning (which I thought odd). I was told that they had received my order and it would be shipped within a few days. I was asked if I was interested in purchasing a replacement lamp, which, if ordered with the projector order, was available at a special promotional price. I told him I did not need a replacement lamp, because I was going to file for the FREE Replacement Lamp Rebate that was currently offered by Mitsubishi.

The projector arrived, but the serialized barcode sticker which is needed to file for the rebate had been removed. A "fragile" sticker was placed over the damage caused when the serialized barcode sticker was removed. When I called PowersellerNYC, I was told that my purchase was not eligible for the Free Lamp Rebate through Mitsubishi, because I had not paid full MSRP. They said that the rebate form is not shown on their website, because they are not an "authorized dealer".

According to PowersellerNYC customer service rep David, the replacement lamp is valued at $300. I found other websites that advertise the rebate, and have the form on their site, that sell the same projector for only $40.00 more than I paid from PowersellerNYC.

PowersellerNYC was not willing to resolve this issue, and either provide the Free Lamp, or return the serialized barcode to me (it's rightful owner), so I could file for the Free Lamp Rebate. I filed a dispute with my credit card.

An interesting fact, that may or may not be related, is that the same credit card was fraudulently used to purchase over $300 in DisneyWorld tickets online just 1 month later (April 2010). I believe these incidents are connected because I have only used that card twice in the past year and a half. The PowersellerNYC purchase was the last one made before the fraudulent DisneyWorld charge.

• Wh
      8th of Dec, 2010

When I ordered a Samsung Blue Ray DVD over the phone, the salesman suggested that I purchase HDMI 1.4 cables. I did. The cable band width was insufficent to support Blue Ray, resulting in dropped frames. My HDMI 1.4 cables worked fine. I called the company and was told that to return the cables, I must e-mail the store to get a "Return Authorization Number". I did. Their response was "We do not accept returned cables as a matter of policy". Spend your money elsewhere.

• Im
      13th of Dec, 2010

DO NOT BUY from powersellernyc.com
    They not only insulted me on the phone when I tried to get confirmation of shipping order, but the also threatened to charge my credit card and threaten to make me go through a fraud dispute with them, because I wanted to cancel my order! These guys should be shut down. I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.