Powerhouse Gyms / Canceling Contract

1 Jackson, MI, United States Review updated:

I have been trying to cancel a gym membership, since we signed shortly after signing. We have received the run around and was told you need to contact here and then, oh, they are switching companies. Call new company and try to cancel, now a month later and being told we never tried to cancel and we haven't with them, but we did with previous company and the gym. The current company billing for Powerhouse Gyms is ASF International and I am being told by ASF that the only way to cancel is if I am completly disabled and have a letter from my doctor to state that.

Why has it come to this. It should not take a month or longer to cancel. I never gave the deposit with the contract, but that did not matter, I am being told that once the contract is siagned that is when the contract began.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get out of this rediculous contract?

I am angry that companies have become this dishonest that they bind people to this whatever happened to pay as you go or paying for services used? I have not attended Powerhouse Gyms.

Thanks for Listening,

Buffy

Bu

Comments

1st of Jun, 2009

Unfortunately, it sounds as though Buffy didn't read what she was signing. Typically, consumers have a 3 to 5 day period, after signing a contract, to cancel. The time frame varies from state to state. We don't receive the member's information until after the cooling down period has ended. We can only cancel a membership for reasons that are outlined in the agreement. We cannot make any exceptions. I really don't see how Powerhouse or ASF International is being dishonest, when all of the terms and conditions are outlined in the agreement.

Chris Peterson
    Customer Relations Manager
    ASF International

• Bu
      20th of Nov, 2011
    Powerhouse Gyms - Stay away
    Powerhouse Gyms

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get out of this rediculous contract?