Power Tax Relief / Unauthorized billing

I sought help for tax relief and was witness to a TV Advertisement for Power Tax Relief that sounded pretty good. I decided to call and was told by a Keith Taylor that they could help me with relief, but that I would have to pay them $3, 500.00. I provided them with a credit card and they took $3, 500.00 on 4/10/2008. I provided all the paperwork they asked for, and then sometime in September, I received a letter from my Tax Consultant Ching Sau saying we made more money then what we had disclosed that was ridiculous. I called several times before I could speak with Ching Sau, then she explained that the IRS only allows so much for car payments, mortgages, etc, and the fact that I was paying more then was allowed, it was showing I had surplus money to pay my tax liability.

Sure wish this was had been communicated to me on the front end, I could have saved $3, 500.00 and paid 1/3 of my tax liability. Long story made short is that today, I have paid out more than my tax liability and am in credit card debt beyond my wildest imagination. These people should be stopped from doing business as they are professional ripoff artists. I sent my final payment today, 11/29/08 to the IRS in hopes that it isn't too late and I will not have them levy my house. Don't trust POWER TAX RELIEF; they are a ripoff.

Ha

More Power Tax Relief Complaints & Reviews

Comments

4th of Feb, 2009

They are doing business as Guaranteed Tax Relief now days.
    They have changed their name, does that surprise you?

If you recall, your troubles started when you responded to an advertisement you saw on TV, did it not?

We need to spread the word that ALL TV and CABLE 800 number commercials are SCAMS in one way or another.
    The various TV & cable Stations DO NOT CARE if they hurt the public or not. They get their money, anyway.

Some people think that if it's on TV or RADIO, it HAS to be true, but they are DEAD WRONG.!!!

I would like to see the various TV & Radio stations start being sued for starting these types of SCAMS on the American public. This is a cancer on the Americans that think that they provide truth to the airways.

In these bad economic times, we had better stop paying any attention to ALL, I repeat, ALL of these commercials. You WILL NOT be happy with the results you get.

• Ra
      13th of Feb, 2009

Guaranteed Tax Relief is not associated with Power Tax Relief in any way. I called Power Tax Relief in September of 2008, who is still open and misleading people every day, and felt VERY uncomfortable with their tactics to scare me into paying a high fee for help.

I then went to Guaranteed Tax Relief, who not only was pleasant, but managed to knock almost 85% of my debt off in less than 4 months.

Mr. Hall is clearly NOT a client of Power Tax Relief OR Guaranteed Tax Relief, and was clearly working for Power Tax Relief to discredit a company that actually does what they promise.

Not all companies are alike.

• Ur
      24th of May, 2009

Guaranteed Tax Relief located in Las Vegas, Nevada, is a boiler room operation and total scam. There is a sucker born every day. Don't be one.

• Tr
      18th of Jul, 2009

Guaranteed Tax Relief, CEO, Gary Bernstein, has duped the public and his employess. Shutting down the Los Angeles office, while owing his employees and investors hundreds of thousands of dollars. He stopped paying his employees, while expecting them to continue to work for Guaranteed Tax Relief. This company is also known as Guaranteed Financial Services. They are now in Las Vegas at 3930 S. Durango.

A devil, a con and a criminal is what Gary Bernstein has proven to be.

• Tr
      18th of Jul, 2009

Guaranteed Tax Relied and Gary Bernstein, were a part of Power Tax Relief. Gary Bernstein was handling the marketing. He was also accused of stealing $600, 000.00 from Power Tax Relief. Shortly after that event, he and a few others from Power Tax Relief recruited several staff away from the company. Gary Bernstein verbally promised to many of the recruits that more money was going to be paid to them and that it would be a greater company and all things good. That is when Guranteed Tax Relief came into existence. What has been proven, again, is that Gary Bernstein has stolen and lied and cheated from his closest supporters. His karma is his own.

• Si
      24th of Jul, 2009

Gary Bernstein, Steve Edwards, Heather Hancock and anyone associated with Guaranteed Tax Relief or Power Tax Relief are involved in an interstate scam. You have been warned.

• Un
      25th of Jul, 2009

Sounds like we have some people who might have been put on the outside looking in. You guys know way too much to be random clients or consumer. sounds to me like bitter ex-employees just pissing and moaning about nothing at all.

• Bs
      6th of Aug, 2009

Just a message for Gary Bernstein. Don't get stopped by a cop in Nevada or California. A bench warrent is being issured for your arrest.

• Do
      24th of Sep, 2009

Guaranteed Tax Relief in Las Vegas

Current Address is:
    2980 S Durango
    Unit 103
    Las Vegas, NV 89117

Previous working phone - 702-243-5266

All telephone services have been disconnected.

Do not do business with this company.

• Au
      22nd of Dec, 2009

my name is anthony fail, i was one of them who was scammed off the power tax relief scam. If anyone who can help do something about please do. i feel neglected, used. my family is hurting . i'm being penatlized on top of penalty. i'm about to lose everything i;be have worked for.

• Au
      22nd of Dec, 2009

scams, scams, this wrong, I will be paid back for the lose power tax relief has done.

• Ka
      1st of Jan, 2010

Has anyone heard of Power Tax LLC in Burbank, CA? Or does anyone know of a good company to deal with for tax issues?

• Ka
      1st of Jan, 2010

Has anyone used or heard of Power Tax LLC in Burbank, CA? I'm looking for help in filing and dealing with tax issues federal and state.

• Ty
      8th of Jun, 2010

*** DOT NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY***

We hired Power tax relief in 2006 for our 2005 tax debt. They required us to pay them $5000 to represent us. They failed miserably. We made an OIC for Federal and was denied and was put on a payment planed we have been paying on that for 4+years now. They never even addressed State untill they put a lien on us stating the agencies would not work with them until they were finished with the other agency which is a huge lie. Now 5 years later with interest and penalties we owe 4x what we did originally and all attempts at an OIC with both agengies were denied and we contiues to rack up interest and penalties. I highly recommend contacting the agencies themselves and working with them if your pay Power Tax Relief after reading all these reports you have no one to blame but yourself. Do not be fooled by some of the big words they use they are useless. Kay Tse the manager has nothing but excuses about why she has not called you back. She is friendly but that is
    a front she will not help you.

I WOULD WELCOME A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

• Su
      15th of Aug, 2010

I have been robbed or $ 11, 500.00 by Power Tax Relief - they did nothing on my behalf except to scare me into providing them more money in a time in sickness and chaos in my family. When I called them initially, they informed me they were still working on my returns. When I called repeatly to follow up, they wanted more money and told me they were in contact with the IRS. In the fall of 2009, they wanted addtional funds from me. I was told not to contact the IRS on my own. I contacted the IRS via phone and was informed Power Tax Relief has never filed/contacted the IRS on my behalf. I had terrible illnesses in my family and am now working with IRS and dealing with breast cancer at the same time. All letters from IRS were going to address I haven't lived at for over 20 years. They told me they were updating info in 2007 and IRS infromed me they still had old address when I spoke to them in fall of 2009. These people should go to jail instead of them telling thier customers they are risking prosecution. I am now dealing direct with IRS and they informed me Power Tax Relief still has power of attorney listed for me when I was told my case was dropped due to me not sedning addtional fees. Terrible terrible experience.