POWER DVD STORE / BAD PRODUCT / NO REFUNDS

China Review updated:

ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION IN THE WEBSITE OF WHERE THESE DVDs ARE COMING FROM. IF I HAD KNOWN THEY WERE BEING SHIPPED FROM CHINA, I WOULD HAVE NEVER, EVER, ORDERED THEM. I FOUND THE DVDs IN HORRIBLE CONDITION - IF THERE WAS ONE EPISODE WHICH WAS A GOOD VIDEO, I WOULD HAVE BEEN SURPRISED. THERE WAS ONE TAPE WITH NO BEVERLY HILLBILLIES EPISODE, BUT A KUNG-FU EPISODE! WHEN I EMAILED THEM TO ADVISE I WANTED TO RETURN THESE DVDS FOR A REFUND, THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL. I RETURNED THE ENTIRE SET AS PER THEIR INSTRUCTIONS ON SEPT 2 AND EMAILED THEM TO TELL THEM SO. I FOLLOWED UP TWO MORE TIMES; BUT NEEDLESS TO SAY, I HAVE NOT HEARD ONE SINGLE WORD FROM THEM NOR HAVE I GOTTEN ANY REFUND! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY ON THE INTERNET.
Kt

POWER DVD STORE - Bad DVD's
Power DVD Store
China
powerdvdstore.com

I paid $86.95 to this web site for 25 DVD's of the television series of Columbo. The DVD's came but are blank or cannot be played. I have send complaints to their web site and they do not answer.
Bi
  21st of Nov, 2008
We ordered the Grizzly Adams series for our kids and we received duplicate copies of the same season. When I emailed to complain about the quality and the missing DVD's I was told that I would receive them in 7-14 days. It took over 23 days in order to receive the package and the ones that were missing were not in the package. I was going to ship them back but the shipping label was from China and when I asked where to ship them I was never given an address. When I said that I was going to file a dispute with my credit card company and the BBB I never received an email back. I sent a certified letter to the "headquarters" in Seattle but it was returned as no such address. Now I cannot even access their website. When I call the phone number the mail box is alway full...gee I can't imagine why! Our credit card company has been extremely helpful as they have also tried to contact them by certified mail and also calling them and getting the same "mail box full" message. I just sent a copy of the packing slip (all in Chinese), a copy of every single email that was sent back and forth between myself and "Paul" the incompentent customer service rep, and all of the complaints that have been filed on line regarding Power DVD Store to my credit card company. I am hoping that we are able to win this dispute and have our credit card credited the $86.19 that was charged. What a rip off and how stupid am I to have fallen for such a scam!
Ni
  26th of Dec, 2008
You can probably add the site tvdvdmania.com to this whole mess. The same thing happened - the disks do not play. I ordered Little House and Cosby Show for Xmas for my son and they do not play. They also came from China - should have been my first clue!!!