Power Colon Cleanse

Posted:

Rip Off

Power Cleanse
China
I agreed to a free trial of the Power Colon Cleanse, for which I had to pay only the shipping and handling fee of $5.95. When I received the package, it was crushed and the seal was broken on the container. I finally reached the company by phone, there was no way to get to them through the so-called e-mail address and cancelled the order and told them that I was afraid to take the product since the seal was broken. I also asked them not to send any more and not to charge my account . Later, I noticed on my bank statement that I had been charged $79.95 on 4/22 for another shipment which I just received today, 5/16. This is a total rip-off and I don't know what to do about it. When you call the phone # you are put on hold indefinately. HELP !!!
Complaint comments Comments (234) Complaint country China Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

N  18th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Colon Aid 7000 - charged, did not have a chance to cancel
Colon Aid 700

I have been trying to cancel the program but can not reach anyone.
N  11th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
An ad popped up while I was online showing a Free Trial for Power Colon Cleanse with shipping and handling of $3.95. There were large ads all over the page showing: Oprah, NBC, CBS, Dr. Weil, as if these people promoted the supplement. I ordered the free trial with my dbit Visa card. I received a bottle of 30 capsules and they debited my ATM Visa card $79.95 on my account..under the name, "Super Healthy Lifestyles, " I'm having a terrible time with them (and with my bank, San Diego National Bank ) trying to get this refunded . I finally found their phone number but they do not respond to that nor to my emails. My bank is not all that interested. I finally located an address: GenReserve Trading Ltd., 642 Main St., Charlestown, Nevis, looked up "Nevis" and it is in the West Indies. The original ad that appeared on my screen cannot now be found but it is the same, exact ad that is out there now for Acai Berry. These people are criminals and have committed fraud. I will appreciate any advice about getting my $79.95 back.
N  16th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
i am sorry to say, you will never see you money again. cancell your credit card NOW.!!! AND GET A NEW ONE. like i did. this company took 200.00 off my credit card and sent me nothing! being a new yorker living in ireland, i am not fooled easy. never up till now. but these guys are above the law. my bank can do nothing because i willingly gave my card details. I was goig to fly to St. Kitts in the west indies, to there address but these type of people would just kill me and hide the body. DONT EVER USE YOUR CREDIT CARDS ON LINE AGAIN FOR ANYTHING.
A  16th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Happily, and much to my surprise, I did get my $79.95 back yesterday! My bank had said it would take a long time but I got it within a week...becauseI saved all my emails to and from Power Cleanse, went to my bank everyday for a week with all the information I had gleaned. I wrote the attorney general - Oprah, NBC, CBS, etc. whose pictures were on the original ad. Power Cleanse is operating now under, "Super Healthy Lifestyles, " They are pushing Acai Berry now saying, "Free Trial, just send $5.95 for shipping and handling." Then, if you read the Terms you will see they are asking an ungodly amount of money for 30 capsules/pills.
You must keep after your bank and Visa, Mastercard or whatever. Email Power Cleanse if you can and tell them what you are doing to stop them and to give back your money.
Best of luck,
Madeline
A  23rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hi
Stupidly I clicked on free trial this address http://www.freepowercleanse.com/ I checked t&c's supposed to be 14 day free trial they sent me an email 13 days ago confirming my order then 5 days ago they tried to deduct the money luck I had none in my account at the time I received the 30 capsules 4 days ago - what a scam - 4 days ago i emailed them not to deduct the money as I am returning unopened product as there is no info on the bottle where these were manufactured or if there is any endorsement by a health organisation have had no response only they got to my account today - my bank has cancelled my card and told me they will investigate and to keep all communication to this dodgy site.
PLEASE BEWARE OF THE 'FREE TRIAL' SITES READ T & C'S AS THIS COMPANY IS USING OPRAH RECOMMENDATION AS A FRONT WHICH DEFINITELY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PRODUCT THIS PRODUCT CAME TO AUSTRALIA FROM CHINA
http://www.freepowercleanse.com/ SUPER SCAMMERS
N  27th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Oh dear, I am sorry to say that I am not the only one then. They billed me my first lot three days before it even arrived, I sent several emails complaining and demading refund, no word back. Untill a few days ago when another amount was debited and an email saying another lot on its way. Still they have not replied to my emails and I am now $240.00 worse off. I have forwarded all details to my bank, but I dont think I will see that money again. Theiving ###.
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Please, go to my blog site on Oprah.com and tell your story. I´ve been scammed by freepowercleanse.com myself and trying to fight back. We have to make something happen, make anybody do something to stop these sons of beaches...
You can find information on what i´ve found out about this web of internet scam... This might sound crazy but their everywhere!!
Different webcite name but all looking alike... same info... same telephone number!!! How crazy is that!?!

Please, try to make a difference.
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
My blog name is icequeen5

Thank you.
A  2nd of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Iris you are right. They are everywhere. I got onto a site claiming to be a blog. http://2-rules-to--flat-stomach.com/2rules/2-Rules-To-Flat-StomachPower.aspx
I must have had too much wine that night. Whatever the reason, I ordered the stuff. Free trial and all that... Acaiburn and colon cleanse. Both had the same same site design. (skinny clothes horse down the bottom right, "risk free 1 month trial" ) Alarm bells should have rang but sometimes they don't. Thats when these ### take advantage of us.
Here's how it goes. You order the trial. They start the process when you do so. Many days later you get the stuff. By which time it's too late to cancel. Even if you do cancel by email in time they don't acknowledge your email. And the phone number doesn't work. By now you've recieved an email which says...

" Thank you for participating in our trial offer of 1xPower Colon Cleanse FREE
We hope you enjoy the items that you have purchased.
As you have not emailed us that you would like to return us the unused portion of the pills at the end of 15 days, we thank you for the acceptance of our product and we have now charged your order PC80385 $79.95 for the product received.
Statement on your credit card would appear as POWER CLEANSE
If you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate to reply me with questions, such that we may be able to resolve any issues as swiftly as possible.
Thank you and best regards! Customer Support "
In my case I did cancel via email well within the 15 days from ordering. Still I am debited $113 australian plus another ten bucks for something they claim to be "web access" I have no doubt these people (to use the term loosely) are above the law. But that is not to stay they must remain so! I welcome support in this.
A  2nd of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I CANT BELIEVE WHAT IVE JUST SEEN.
The ### that have ripped us off have a link (ads by google) right here on this page in complaints board.

"LOSE WEIGHT FAST"
The Health Of The Body Is In The Colon. Start Now!
Seen-On-Oprah.com

It's the exact same site that scammed me! This operation must be enormous. So many sites and products but all the same ###. All the same scam. No doubt these shameless crooks would read this and similar complaints pages and be laughing at us all. What bloody hope have we got? Seems class action is the only way.
N  3rd of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I finally got through on the phone to power cleanse in Ontario and spoke to someone who just took my name and email and said they would pass on details to refunds department, I would here back in 12-48 hours. Needless to say I didnt, and I told them on the phone I knew it was all a lie and I wouldnt hear back. Beau, I was like you and bought the two together. Acai burn have been abit more helpful and did actually give me a returns address and agreed a refund. I have returned the goods and will wait a day or so for them to arrive and call back for my refund so will keep you posted on that, they also did respond to my emails and cancelled any further orders. Power cleanse on the other hand have ignored all contact and taken two lots from my account totally $242.00, which forced me to cancel my credit card to prevent further debits. I returned the second lot that arrived without my consent, so I am still demanding my refunds. I wont give up easily. I am confused though as to where they are as the phone number is Ontario Canada, but if you go to their terms and conditions page, at the very bottom is an address in Cyprus?
A  3rd of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Thanks for that sedgers1.
I cancelled my credit card last night and my bank is launching a dispute with the power cleanse mob to get my money back. Seems there are many others. I too had no trouble with Acaiburn and actually found it very easy to cancel having only lost the shipping/handling costs and they agreed to remove me from their auto-ship list over the phone. However not so with powercleanse. What address did you send the stuff back to? My invoice is from china and makes no sense at all. I haven't opened the package and don't intend to. God knows what might jump out at me!!
N  3rd of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hi Beau,
I just returned to sender so they have gone back to China. I wish I had taken down the actual address, but I was so mad at the time that another lot had turned up that I just sent the poor delivery guy away with them. If you still have your lot there might be worth getting out the invoice and making a note of the address in China as we may need it! I just rang my bank as was concerned that any refund I do get (will be a miracle) wouldn't go through as my card was cancelled (and I certainly didn't want to give them my new card details) but the bank said that they can still refund back to old card even though its cancelled, will just take longer to process. I am going to ring them tomorrow am (was going to do it this morning but was still Sunday in Ontario) and see if I can get any more joy. The bank said it was harder to help with as I did return to sender, so if you do return them (which the bank will probably advise you to do) then make sure its signed for or tracked, will make your life easier. Keep me posted fellow crusader!
N  5th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hiya Beau,
Any chance you can get an address of the package you have there and let me have it? I still have the original pills to return and dont have an address, and my bank wants details of a recorded return. Any help would be great, thanks
Sedgers1
A  6th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hi sedgers and others affected. I have news. I have finally recieved an email from these people and it seems they are now prepared to refund my money.
It came from another email address... Note spelling powercleanze@gmail.com

Name : Lin SX
Address (street) : Guangzhou shi san yuan li 57 hao
Postal Code : 510400
City: Guangzhou
Country : China
Please use USPS (Local Post Office) for returns, returns via UPS or FEDEX are also accepted.
IMPORTANT: When returning a product from the U.S.A. or
International location, write the following statement on the box:
Goods Returning to Original Shipper
Defective Item, No Commercial Value
Value for Customs $1 USD
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Please let us know once the order has been sent back and we will have the refund less shipping and handling and a 20% restocking fee credited.
Alternatively do consider keeping the item for a discounted price of USD$59.95 to avoid the hassle of returning it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
However, please be assured that we will remove you from any further monthly subscriptions and there will be no further shipments.
Best regards,
Kristina Lynn Customer Support Freepowercleanse.com

Keen to know if anyone else has results. Beau
N  6th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
HI BEAU
I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE SAME NAME BUT NO RETURN ADDRESS 12 EMAILS LATER
YOU MY FRIEND HAVE MADE MY DAY I AM RETURNING THE UNOPENED BOTTLE TODAY AS PER INSTRUCTIONS IN YOUR POST - I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE DOES AS WELL
YOU LITTLE BEAUTY BEAU - SO HAPPY SOMEONE HAS MADE PROGRESS!!!
A  6th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
WOW! I wish I had found this site before I ordered Power Cleanse! I ordered the 'free trial' on April 7th and got a confirmation that said I would receive the product in 8 - 10 days... which takes 8 - 10 days off of your 14 day free trial! It is now may 6th and I still haven't received the product. I did however, get an email from them on Apr 24th stating that because they hadn't heard from me I must be enjoying the product and they would charge me for the balance $79.95. I immediately emailed back and said that I hadn't received the pills, cancel the order and stated that I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEM TO CHAGE MY ACCOUNT! No reponse. Until Apr 28th when I got an email from their shipping department advising me that my order was held up in customs and a new shipment would be sent out right away. I again responded telling them not to send anything. I also told them again to cancel my order - no response. I sent another email a couple days later telling them to cancel - no response. Today I go an email that my order had shipped and I should receive it in 8 - 10 d ays. I emailed them twice today - no response. I called the number on my credit card and left a message - no response. I have called my credit card and filed a charge dispute and they have so far credited the initial shipping charge, but I'm still waiting to get the $79.95 credited. After reading some of your posts about them continuing to charge the card I will be calling the bank again and advising them and making sure that no further charges appear on my card. Here's to hoping we all get our money back!

Leona :(
A  7th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
i also bought the power cleanse and have problems trying to get in touch with them as the phone number i have just keeps ringing out or is unobtainable. i received a package today which i am going to return to them in china, the name and address is MR ZHANG, CHONGQING. CHONGQING XUNWEN TRADE CO, LTD, 39 SHAIGUANGPING SHAPINGBA DISTRICT, CHONGQING CHINA
A  8th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
To Beau and Sedgers,

My Bf and I are having the same battle. I've phoned (and gotten through) 4-5 times now, and each time they've been sending me a cancellation and confirmation of removal e-mail. I've received nothing and thus have no address to mail to nor no proof they're cancelling it. The number I'm calling is also listed in Ontario but everyone who answers (Sharon, Jessie, and Lisa) are all sharing a similar East Asian accent. I still have the billing slip, which is also from China.

What bank are you guys using to get them to battle this. We're with TD Visa and they say they can't get a hold of these people either but that they're going to continue to let them charge the account. We can't cancel it due to outstanding other charges we still have to pay off so if there's a way to either get the cancellation e-mail or a method to help us get our bank's aid in fighting these charges we'd greatly appreciate any assistance you guys can give.
N  8th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hey Van,
The phone number is Ontario, but there appears to be two addresses in China (see above posts) Your bank is not being very helpful, they CAN cancel your card, they just transfer everything over to a new one. I suggest that if they don't, then you should ring them and tell a little fib that your card has been stolen, they would have to cancel it then. Trust me, if you dont you will get reoccuring charges from powercleanse, they have no intention of stopping them as far as I am concerned. The good thing is that even if you cancel your card they can still refund back to it, it just takes longer. Can I also suggest that you return whatever you have to the address in China (I would recommend the address Beau provided above ) and get a recorded delivery proof. The bank wont move on anything really untill you have proof that you dont have the goods and they have gone back to sender. Chances are you may end up without goods or refund, but the bank will be alot more productive on your behalf if you have returned them. I am in Oz and bank with ANZ who have been really helpful, ringing me to see if any updates my end etc, they have told me that the merchant has 30 days to refund after goods returned before they intervene. Just keep all your emails and records of phone calls and also your proof of return and send them to your bank, you are disputing transactions on your account and they have an obligation to look into it for you. Good luck, keep us posted!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree