Power Cleanse / Fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

These people are a complete rip off. They have Oprah and Dr. Oz all over their web site. It is a scam. They charged my account $79 plus...when I contact them they told me that this was the terms and conditions (which are not even on the order page). They would cancel my order for future shipments and offered me two options, return the used product and pay shipping to are you ready CHINA for $40.00 ( i payed $6.00 for the inbound shipment (LOL) or keep it and they would charge my account 50%...GIve me a break people. The funny thing is that I never even opened the frigin bottle. I am working with my bank to clean this mess up. I will never order anything like this again. I have learned my lesson.

Comments

• Un
      29th of Jul, 2009

I am a victim of this scam too. I called and cancelled my subscription when I found out that I was automatically subscribed after 14 days of the trial. To top that I found my self automatically subscriped to a few other services that I had no idea about. After I cancelled my subscription, they sent me another shipment. My shipment came from Toronto, a canadian warehouse and was told to return it to China at a cost of 50% of the product. I returned it to Toronto instead of China. The reps are no help, they keep referring to the terms and conditions. Do not order from www.mypowercleanse.com!!!

• Si
      6th of Aug, 2009

I found Acai Berry and Power cleanse in one advert back in June and thought trial free for around 5.95 and 7.95 respectively cant hurt.
    Two months later and now approximately $600 in debt Australian for products which i did not authorise for them to send me from China every month is infuriating.
    14 day free trial is nothing but a scam. I was charged about $103.70 for each of these products within about 10 days of receiving them because they state the 14 days starts from date of your order not that you have 14 days to trial in your own home.
    I would never have agreed to pay approx $220 per month for products from overseas which I dont even know work effectively and I sincerely doubt they do.
    I have been in constant email with these two companies now for past 2 months and feel no closer to getting my requests of subscription cancellation or refund on both products resolved. I have told them clearly I will not collect any shipments from them so they are wasting their money sending them and I will take every avenue to fight for my reimbursement of monies in full with my bank involved.
    I beleive most of their responses are automated. You never deal with the same customer service officer - seems like they have hundreds of them. They do not acknowledge your requests or even if they do the next email they are requesting you send the product back again or they have again debited your credit card for another shipment etc etc.
    I CANNOT BELEIVE i HAVE FALLEN INTO THE TRAP OF SHARKS AND i WANT TO WARN OTHERS DONT SIGN UP AND BE CAREFUL -
    TO DRIVE THESE RUTHLESS UNCARING PEOPLE OUT OF BUSINESS IS THE WAY TO GO.

• Mm
      13th of Aug, 2009

I too was a victim of this fraud. I had to cancel my credit card, go through all kinds of hassles with the credit card company, write endless emails to cancel my account, never even got any product free sample delivered to me at all, and made long distance calls to try to get my account cancelled. and I reported it to the Canadian Phonebusters anti-fraud call centre as well. Beware of phone # 819-483-0467. The Better Business Bureau has a lengthy report on this company/companies that keeps on changing its/theirs name, appears as different merchants on your credit card bill etc. Read the B.B.B. report based on this phone number, and you will be amazed at all the names and gmail email addresses these swindlers have used and are still using to quickly charge your account then change to another name etc. I managed to get through to their customer service number, suspiciously, the same phone number the BBB filed its report under as a company with dozens of complaints. They make it look like they are affiliated or endorsed by Oprah and Dr. Oz, but really they are not. I will never ever order anything with my new charge card over the internet again. Watch out for ACAIBURN and ACAISLIM as well as Power Cleanse, freepowercleanse.com. Actually, don't believe any free trial you see. The policy is to make you a regular customer and bill you monthly ad infinitum. Good Luck to all of us trying to get charges reversed and get our sense of security back!