Power Cleanse / WRONGFUL ADVERSTISING

1 China Review updated:

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE!THEIR ADVERTISED COLON CLEANSE OFFER IS A SCAM.THEY "OFFER " YOU A "FREE SAMPLE" FOR WHICH YOU ARE CHARGED $19.90 FOR SHIPPING AND THE PARCEL COMES IN FROM CHINA, THA N THE USA WHERE THEY ADVERTISE FROM. SECONDLY, WITHOUT CONSULTING YOU THEY DEBIT YOYR ACCOUNT OF $ 79 THE NEXT MONTH AND SHIP YOU THE SAME RUBBISH.
THE ONLY IDENTITY OF THE SHIPPER YOU GET IS:
ORIGINAL OFFICE: DA LIAN
SENDER: LI LI
ADDRESS: MAN LA ZHI 9 HAO
HOW CAN SUCH CROOKS STRIVE WITH IMPUNITY? CAN THEIR WEBSITE BE DISABLE AND DRIVE THEM OUT OF E-BUSINESS?

Comments

• Me
      13th of May, 2009

Why would you trust a website to buy colon cleanser?... Just go to wallgrens.

24th of Jun, 2009

I too unfortuantely was foolish enough to sign up for this.
    There website has a picture of Oprah Winfrey and Dr Oz who is a regular on her show. At the bottom of the page it says in tiny writing that they do not endorse the product but hey I've signed up for it before I get to that part!! Stupid I know, but it is wrongful advertising, especially when they know the product is going to take 8-14 days to arrive from China.
    There is a negative option clause which means once you have sih=gned up they just keep taking money off unless you let them know you don't want the product. I have been emailing for a month to try and cancel the so called Home Delivery Program which it says you automatically sign up for.
    READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS carefully, I didn't and am paying for it. The credit card company is now involved to try and recover my money. Also they run several businesses including ACAI berry and Green Purity Tea same way. STAY CLEAR OF THESE TOO!

• Mo
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous comments. In addition to being charged $79.95 just 4 days after having the pills (which in my mind does not constitute a true 15-day free trial period), I was physically ill from the few pills I did take. I experienced painful stomach cramping. And instead of the product helping to increase my ability to remove waste, it actually blocked me up, preventing me from naturally releasing waste and toxins. It's a complete scam. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach when I saw that the package was shipped from China. I thought, "Uh oh." In any event, I have sent numerous emails to this company requesting a refund. I even returned the unused pills back to an address they provided in China. I also lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB has tried without success to get this company to respond to questions about its sales and advertising practices. The company has a BBB rating of F. Buyers beware! The good news is I've learned the importance of reading the terms and conditions before makng any purchases. In addition, I have learned to check out the BBB website to check a company's rating before doing business with them. Hope this info helps someone else. Believe me, this company and others like it will one day reap what they sow. Thanks for reading!

• Wi
      7th of Oct, 2009

Hi everybody,

I can sympathise wholeheartedly with everyone esle who have been taken for a ride with this company operating out of China. I cant beleive how foolish I have been to fall for - pay postage only. After 3 months of emails to and fro and approx $600 taken from my credit card I was at my witts end. I had sent their stupid products back unopened, supplied the copies of receipts for the postage and all I got was numerous empty promises. The emails came from numerous different people so I never dealt with the same person in 3 months.

Finally I contacted my bank giving them details of every transaction I had not authorised and after a wait of 6 weeks whilst they investigated I am so delighted to be able to say I have been successful in having all the disputed transactions reversed in my favour. I let the inital postage of approx $25 as I guess I aggreed to this and additional postage charges of another $25 go as this w as not on my credit card. In all I am still $50 out of pocket but with $600 back I feel very lucky and indebted to the work my bank has done to investigate these transactions.

I hope if enough of us are successful in following these illegal unauthorised transactions through with our banks we might be able to shut this bogus business down the drain where they belong. They are truly scummy scamsters!!

• St
      4th of Jan, 2010

Hi,
    I too was taken in by this. I can't believe I was so dumb. I live in the Uk and by the time I received the samples the 15 days had elapsed and I have spent since June trying to stop them sending me this rubbish and taking my money. I thought I had finally got rid of them when they took the last payment in Oct and now I find that they have started again in Dec. I just can't believe it- I've sent numerous emails and no one ever listens or replies and my credit card company constantly have to be updated as they change the name they take the money in. So far we've been able to block the payments but I feel wrung out trying to keep on top of this and it makes my stomach knot with anger when I think of it. I just hope I can get rid of them soon.

4th of Jan, 2010

There are a bunch of highly sophisticated cyber-crimuînals and I really do not know how to go about it to put them out of business and behind bars. I do hoe someone, someday will nail them down as "they can only cheat some people some time but they cannot cheat all the people all the time".

• Sh
      2nd of Apr, 2010

POWER CLEANSE DO NOT TRY PHONING IT DOESNT WORK EMAIL YOU WILL NOT GET ANY CONTACT, AND THEY STILL TAKE THE MONEY WHAT YOU CAN DO IS, go into your bank explain its a scam they will then tell you to phone, email the company and report to the police halifax are a waste of space bank they then after you have been scammed once will do something about it its pointless cancelling your debit card because most debit cards are authorised by visa and both yourself and visa, visa are authorised to make the payment because you entered a contract with this alleged slimming company but if you print all attempts of emailing them in cancellation wise and police crime number go into your bank then they have to do something about it.

12th of Jul, 2010

i also have a complaint about power cleanse, i have been waiting for one month for them to credit my account for $101.51 and their phone numbers on the bottles of acai-trim and power cleanse have been disconnected, so I have no way to get in touch with the company. I hope the Attorney General of Texas will get involved and shut this company down, even though Oprah thinks it is a good deal. Oprah SUCKS!!!