Potty Patch / Consumer Fraud

I should have known better. I saw the product on TV and went to this website "as seen on tv" to order it. They advertise one price, then assault you with pop ups to try to confuse you into unknowingly buy other things. I tried to stop the order and get out of the site but could not and while I was attempting to delete the order I received a confirmation email for my order with 3 charges of $79.99 plus shipping and handling! I was originally ordering a $34.99 item! There is no way to contact this company via email or telephone so I called my credit card company and put a hold on my account so the charges cannot go through. After reading other complaints I will probably have to leave the hold on for a good month since they don't seem to put the charges through immediately as part of their scam. This company should be banned from the internet for ANY business and it looks like they sell many products in the same manner. Shame on them and shame on us for falling into their trap. Never again! I will be filing a complaint with my state's consumer fraud division first thing Monday morning. They have to be stopped.

Ci

Comments

• Bm
      Jan 28, 2011

Like 10 years ago I had a land line with Verizon and when I moved I disconnected the service. Then 7 years later I received a call from a collection agency saying I had a balance that was unpaid, and upon closer investigation of the dates for the unpaid portion it was discovered that it was after I had moved and disconnected the service.

Verizon is constantly fighting with faulty records. I was fortunate because even if I hadn't had my paperwork for that year the statute of limitations had already come and gone and they no longer had any legal standing to try and claim the money. I feel bad for Verizon because they were a victim of Fraud, but they also shouldn't have tried to shuffle the paperwork around unto me.