potbelly sandwich works / new policies

there are many new policies, including the skinny menu that has the same name as cutting skinny bread. this not only slows the line down to a crawl, but continually confuses both customers and employees because the customers still don't know what they have, even if some of the employees do. plus there are different prices for sandwiches now, further confusing the customers.
also, the company added a delivery fee, but corporate keeps every penny of it. not one red cent goes to a single person who works at the store delivering the food. the delivery drivers are especially hit hard by this, as the customers are irritated by this new, unknown charge, and assume the drivers get it.
worse yet, the only true redeeming benefit of working for the company(a free sandwich per shift) has been revoked. while working a crappy job and not getting enough hours, at least the employees would be fed. now there is no real reason to stay with the company. turnover rate is at an all-time high, and i personally cannot wait to work elsewhere. i hope the company policies will reflect what employees need, instead of further lining corporate pockets.

Comments

• Mi
      15th of Nov, 2012

The potbelly in fourcity in Chicago il sucks. I use to do fun raising events there but this new ester manager is ignorant. She has an atitude and no customer service skills.

6th of May, 2013

I have visited with my company and by myself on several occasions, and it has not been a good experiment at all for me.I called last week to let them know the sandwich I received was not what I ask for and it was made wrong ask for wheat I got white bread ask for toasted and it wasn't, and it was dry, I spoke to Carmen explain to him what happened and he went over the way I wanted my sandwich and called me back to confirm before making it wrote it on the bag as it was to be made, and it was still wrong I called him back to let him know that I do enjoy salad and the only sandwich I order that being the Italian I'm so disappointed how you have went to be just the greatest sand shop to my least favorite at this time, just wanted to let you know how I feel and that this is my second day paying for lunch and not eating.Thank You.Jackie [protected]@yahoo.com