Post Office 11211 / Post Office 11211

RE:
Post Office™ Location - WILLIAMSBURG
263 S 4TH ST
BROOKLYN, NY [protected]

I am writing to request the USPS to look into the Williamsburg Post Office. Every day I receive the wrong mail (for my neighbors), while they get my mail. I work from home and run a business. I am there all day but receive notification cards that they 'missed me' or I wasn't home to deliver a package, which is a complete and total LIE. I am home, and I expect very important documents. Most of the time they do not even leave a slip, and find out after the package has been returned to the sender that anything came for me.

When I do go to the Post Office to pick up a package (which I believe never left the post office in the first place), there is always a line OUT THE DOOR EVERY TIME, there a 3 or 4 people working the windows, and they are rude, incompetent, use foul language with children and toddlers around, do not assist anyone quickly or efficiently, and the entire building and the people working in it are a total waste of space. I was told once to 'wait in the [expletive] line [expletive]' and I've heard other people get it worse than that.

This is completely unacceptable and I urge you to look into these matters at this post office. It may be understaffed but the real problem here is the WRONG staff. They make me sick the way they treat people.

S

Comments

Ji
  22nd of Sep, 2008

I will not even log a complaint. The reason why? I have lived in this area for 4 years, read and logged a bunch of complaints and nothing, I repeat nothing, has ever been done to improve the conditions at this post office. I feel as though complaints are useless. I have things sent to my work now. What's sad is that you would be shocked as to how well these employees are compensated financially and benefits-wise. It is disgusting that they are not held accountable for breaking FEDERAL LAWS by mishandling mail. Pathetic. By far the lowest forms of life on Earth. I am a teacher and encourage my students to avoid this post office. Sad.

Vi
  14th of Oct, 2008

I have begun to log mail received or sent out, condition it is in and suspense dates for responses which I expect to receive, such as packages and reply letters from businesses. I hope these problems I had lately regarding opened mail and missing contents ceases. Another thing to do is email their investigators via this address: hotline@usps.oig.gov. This is the USPS's Office of Inspector General. Good luck to anyone who feels there are dishonest folks handling their mail.

Ro
  25th of Nov, 2008

The most annoying problem in 11211 is that mail is not always delivered. Our carrier seems to skip certain days, especially Saturdays. This is an unbelievable situation. It's obvious that there was no delivery on these days, because no one in the entire building receives a piece of mail, and this simply never happens. We get a lot of junk mail. And it's ONLY on Saturdays. Sleeping one off?

Do
  24th of Jan, 2009

This post office is the worst ever.
Everytime I complain to my mail men, the answer is the same: Oh, it was not me yesterday, it was a colegue
+ when I receive parcel, they NEVER ring the bell, they always drop a card: "Sorry we missed you !"
I run a business and this is unacceptable !

Jr
  29th of Apr, 2009

I've complained dozens of times over the 13 years I've lived in this area. They're terrible. If the regular carrier is on vacation, we get no mail. Then, a few weeks later, we get a pile of old mail. They return letters that are properly addressed (while most of the time even things with the wrong apt. number do get to us), misdeliver many pieces of mail, dump letters on the doorman's desk, and when you try to find out what's going on they yell at YOU. The supervisor I used to deal with, Noth, is gone, and recently the mail has gotten even less dependable. Not sure what happened, but it's not acceptable. I tried complaining at the federal level and got nowhere. Guess I'll have to try again, for all the good it'll do.

Ro
  19th of Feb, 2011

This post office is infiltrated by the Jewish mafia- not my opinion, but by agents who investigated my $34, 000 check that 'disappeared' there and ended up in a secret bank account in Israel. Damned if every check that's mailed to me has a slight tear on the side where someone has viewed the dollar amount. True story. Nothing is done about it.

Ny
  10th of Oct, 2013
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I have also logged multiple complaints, spoken to the "supervisor" at the 11211 station, and logged complaints with the USPS Triborough Consumer Affairs Department. NOTHING HAPPENS. In my opinion something shady is going on here and I wish something would be done about it. I moved a month ago and was SO HAPPY to never have to deal with this stress and anger inducing excuse for a post office. Jokes on me: even after I received the forwarding confirmation to my new address the 11211 post office claims that "I didn't put the forwarding paperwork in". HA! Check out these reviews too: http://www.yelp.com/biz/us-post-office-brooklyn-11

10th of Feb, 2014

They never pick up the phone.
They never leave a slip.
The office is dirty.