Posh Puppy Love

Bad breeder

3.75
Posh Puppy Love
poshpuppylove.com
Shady business!!! I emailed Melissa about a puppy on her website- I've always adopted dogs but was looking for a breed that was hard to find/very pricey in my area. Seeing the many different puppies for sale should have been my first red flag- seems like a designer puppy mill!!! I asked several questions and most were ignored... She wanted to make a sale fast- ship the dog in 2 days but was dodging my questions. There was only one photo of the puppy online, I had asked to see more photos and she referred me to a youtube video from over a month ago (puppy was 12 weeks old, guess he wasn't as valuable $$$ to her). Again I said can you please snap a couple of more photos before I send a deposit?
...simple request in this day and age, with smart phones and this dog supposedly being in her home, it shouldn't have been as issue and would have taken SECONDS. This was a Sunday afternoon, she said she wasn't able to send photos until Monday NIGHT if he was still available. I decided to call her because there are certain questions the breeder should have NO problem answering. I never received a call back or an email, so I started looking at her reviews and low and behold... she sounds like a person who breeds puppies for money and doesn't have any ethics. Her replies were very short, no calls back, someone who CARES about the puppies they are cashing in on and make an income off of should be available to answer questions, be professional and not dodge certain questions. Luckily, local breaders told me this dog shouldn't be in a home with people who work full time... Melissa didn't ask me a single question, her screening process is $$$$$$$$$$$
I will be contacting the AKC and whoever else I can to make sure she is running her business ethically!
Complaint comments Comments (13) Complaint country United States Complaint category Dog Breeders

Comments

A  2nd of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Have you found out anything about this breeder yet?
A  25th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
Wouldn't send pictures of the parents either for us...
N  15th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I bought a beautiful puppy through this breeder. However, getting him took over 1 month and a half after I had already paid his $600 price tag. Could never get her on the phone, she said he had a hernia that needed fixing and she couldn't release him yet. Waited patiently for weeks and I do believe if I hadn't bothered her daily about getting my dog she would have backed out of the sale for whatever reason. That was a year ago. Glad I finally got him. Would NEVER use this breeder again.
D  31st of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have bought two puppies from Posh Puppy Love and couldn't be happier with both. One Westie and 2 years later a Scotty. I took them both to my vet the next day after receiving them and he said they are in perfect health. They're groomed every six weeks and the groomer also has commented on they're great health i.e. No skin problems, no Westie jaw or other Heath issues related to their breeds. If Mrs. Barnes was, as commented on this thread, in just for the money, I doubt that she would invest the time and knowledge to eliminate these ailments from her breeding stock as this not a concern of most puppy mills. I have seen horrible conditions that puppy mills are notorious for, being an active member of the ASPCA and I can state with confidence that this not the case with Posh Puppy Love. I have no idea what your means of employment might be, but I would venture to say that you probably wouldn't drop everything on a Sunday afternoon to deal with a no emergency request yourself. The AKC does do unannounced spot inspections on breeders, FYI, if complaints warrant such action. Spending more or less money doesn't necessarily guarantee a healthy, humanly bred and raised puppy. I would suggest that you purchase a dog from one of your local breeders that you have more confidence in and do some research prior to considering getting any new member of your family. They are after all a long term commitment, unless you are like so many who fancy the idea of a new puppy without a clue the responsibility that entails and then they are dropped off at the SPCA for someone else to deal with. Good luck with your search. I sincerely hope you find whatever it is your looking for.
D  31st of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
This is in response to the lady who is upset that she did not get her puppy for six weeks AFTER the puppy had a hernia repair at my EXPENSE. A puppy mill would have sent this puppy to her with all the expense and grief that a hernia repair costs. She was notified of the puppies condition prior to the repair and in all fairness was given the option of cancelling the transaction. She made the decision to wait for this puppy to recover. Please take note a licensed veterinarian would never issue a health certificate to fly or be released to a new family under any circumstances. I pride myself on taking every measure possible to ensure that I offer a healthy well adjusted puppy so as to avoid unwarranted complaints such as this. My 1st and foremost priority and concern is for the welfare of every puppy I sell. I will NEVER release a puppy until he or she is ready to leave and has been issued a clean bill of health from a licensed veterinarian. You would think that she would be happy that I was willing to give her puppy the care and love he needed and notify her of his condition prior to release.
N  31st of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
Now in response to the lady who is upset about not getting a puppy that she DID NOT WANT to leave a deposit on. I was contacted on a Sunday afternoon when I got home from church which mind you is the ONLY day of the week I choose to spend with my family day. She wanted a new photo of the puppy. I directed her to a video and was honest in telling her it would be the following day before I would have the chance to take a new photo. I also explained to her that I had reduced the price of the puppy due to his age and that I could not hold him without a deposit. I even gave her the courtesy of informing her that I had a big response after I had reduced his price. She stated she would not leave a deposit with out the new photos . I told her I understood but it would be the following day. In the meantime another family purchased the puppy. My policy is very clear about how the deposit and reserving a specific puppy works. This lady gambled and she lost and now she is upset and attacking me. In all fairness if I had held this puppy for her against my policy and she changed her mind then I would have had to relist the puppy and lost potential good families in the mean time. Ask your self this. If you were one of those families is that fair to you. I am inspected yearly by the AKC. I have never once been found out of compliance. My inspections have always been perfect. I urge you to call the American Kennel Club to verify my good standing.
N  22nd of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Missy bas Why don't you show pictures of the parents... ever, or where they are kept
N  14th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Missy bas AKC??? My goodness, I only received an ACA registration form. Which is used exclusively by puppy mills. Very disappointed.
N  14th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Maria Kay Because its a puppy mill and the pedigree is shady. Then she claims they are registered with the AKC??? I only received an ACA registration form after paying $1000 for my puppy of questionable breed and.poor pedigree. ACA, which is used exclusively by puppy mills, will let any animal register. Very disappointed, they are advertised as purebreed. (All of the 10 breeds she offers, are supposed to be purebreeds, but she won't even disclose parents pedigrees.)
N  14th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Maria Kay I send photos of the parents upon request.
N  22nd of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
Why don't you ever show pictures of the parents and where the puppies are kept
N  19th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
My wife Kathy and I bought our Havanese Jacob from Posh Puppy Love in June of 2014. We had absolutely no problems with the way our business was transacted. She was very adamant about not flying Jacob to us before he was 4 months old. She made sure he was checked throughly by her vet and Jake arrived healthy and happy. He has been a source of great love and joy to us. She showed a unique insight into his personality at such a young age, and her assessment was correct. He has continued to grow as the character she assessed. If we decide to buy another Havanese, she will be our first call. It sounds to me like these complaints are the result of people not throughly reading any and all stated policies in relation to how she transacts her business, with a little bit of an entitlement complex ringing the edges.

SJR
Boston, MA

N  14th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Prior to purchasing a puppy there are questions you need to ask your breeder. If you would like to see photos of the parents then please ask and If you want to know about the pedigree of the parents then again please ask. Mrs Jones does not know if I will share pedigree information with my clients because she never asked. I will gladly send photos and go over the pedigree of parents. I have never misrepresented the registry of my dogs. Mr Jones and I never had a conversation about how her dog was registered. ACA and APRI are not puppymill registries. That is a bunch of crap that is posted online. If you do your research and not just believe everything you read online then you would know that both ACA and APRI require the dog to have at least a three generation pedigree before they will recognize the dog. There are many different canine registries and just because a dog is registered with something other than AKC does not mean it is not a purebred. Mrs Kaycee Jones has never contacted me directly with her concerns. Instead she is bashing me on this blog. I have never nor would I ever sell or advertise a puppy to be a purebred if it is not. I have clients that are searching for a purebred and I have clients that are searching for a hybrid puppy like maltipoos. I do breed hybrid mix breeds and when I do they are advertised as such. It does not benefit me or anyone else to lie about the registry of my pups.. I never have nor will I ever do that. Would also like to say that AKC works directly with other registries such as ACA. If you have any questions about how your puppy is or will be registered please ask me. Also if you feel the puppy you are looking at is questionable then do not purchase it or do more research to make sure you know what you need to be looking for. Thank you

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree