Portugal Imports, Artesia / Trademark Infrigement

Portugal Imports,11655 Artesia Blvd, Artesia, CA 90701 with URL www.Portugal imports.net
is using an unauthorized trademark company name, such name is Natas Pastries to advertise and mislead customers searching for Natas Pastries on the Web and ending up at Portugal Imports website page.

Comments

• Ri
      28th of Nov, 2007

If you are Portuguese or if one has visited portugal then there's a good chance one may have come across a pastry called "pastel de nata." If you translate this into English then it is nata Pastry, and if you love these things then there's a chance you migh of order more then one, which then you'd use the plural tense, "pasteis de natas," or natas pastries.

Fatima, the name natas does not belong to you and neither does the translation of the plural tense. I'd recommend you taking business classes and then you might have a better sence of business law. The funny thing is that your remarks towards this matter could lead you to a court room, as a defendant, for all the acusations you have made up until now.

• Ka
      14th of Dec, 2007

They are pastires people, who fights over pastries?!?!?

• To
      8th of Aug, 2008

Make pastries, not war!

(FYI, I've eaten at Natas Pastries and they are excellent. But this argument is just silly.)

• Fa
      17th of Dec, 2008

Nata, the Portuguese word is tranlated in the dictionary as cream...the rich part of milk...the choicest part...the pick, plum or prime.
    Pastel de nata, the famous Portuguese pastry, would translate as pastry of cream or better yet as cream pastry. The plural then being, cream pastries.
    The name of my store and my trademark name is Natas Pastries, that does not mean anything in English . Sorry, but I major in languages, speak six and made a living of translations and interpretations for quite a while...:)
    I think I should know this before I decided on getting such name.
    As far as your recomendation to take business classes, I don't want to brag but I am doing quite ok. Portugal Imports on the other end has shown to be quite persistent on trying to use my name on the Internet, misleading customers, calling themselves Natas Pastries or Natas Pastry.
    I find that pretty sad...why not just called themselves what they are?
    Natas Pastries is a trademark/registered name and yes it belongs to me, so I don't think I am concerned of being in front of any jury defending what is mine!
    On the other hand Portugal Imports might be in a little bit of trouble if they continue their misleading advertising campaign!

Chapeus ha muitos seu palerma! ;-)