Portrait Innovations / crappy pictures - rushed through viewing & choosing.

Sioux Falls, SD, United States Review updated:

Do not go to Portrait Innovations on 41st St. in Sioux Falls, SD. They advertise $9.95 special!!! No sitting fees!!! and then you get there and find out that what they don't tell you is that they are going to take about 80 pictures and then put you in front of a computer and fly through them, 3 at a time, wanting you to "choose" one from each page to "narrow it down". They then start flipping through those and putting combinations together until you're so confused you have no idea what you're ordering, in what combination, or in what sizes, or anything else. And it's like committing a cardinal sin to ask to go through them again, or to take a few minutes to think about it - they got very impatient and acted like it was a huge imposition. (Personal opinion is they don't want you to have time to think about it because you wouldn't buy as much!) And when after being told to pick one of three on a page, I stated that I didn't like any of them, I was told to "just pick one" for comparison...

I went in there simply wanting 1 (ONE) good pose of a head shot of each of my boys to hang on the wall, as well as some wallets to send to family, and then a shot of my 3 kids together to hang on the wall, also with a few wallets.

Well, I was so confused by the time I got out of there after being rushed through the viewing that I ended up spending $140 by the time it was all said and done and came home with just "ok" individual pictures of the boys to frame (bad enough that I'm already trying to figure out where to go to get new ones), but not one single wallet pic of either of them alone. And 6 different 10 x 13's of the 3 together, but amazingly the one pose that I actually WANTED in a 10 x 13 I only got an 8 x 10 of. I did however end up with about 40 wallet size pics of the 3 - (of course none of them were in a pose that I liked). And multiple copies in 5 x 7 size of what are, honestly, I think the absolute worst pictures I've ever had of my boys. Oh, and not just separately, but also the two boys together (without their sister) - pictures that I didn't even want taken.

UGH...Needless to say this was the absolute worst portrait experience I have ever had and I will NEVER go back and am going to do everything I can to make sure that I warn as many people as possible. Bottom line...they suck!!!

Mn

Comments

• Tm
      23rd of Sep, 2010

Olan Mills has the same narrow-down process, so don't go there! It's very confusing. At Portrait Innovations, I was so confused about what the offers were by the end, I just bought the one pose and a couple extra sheets... it was all I could understand!