Portfolio Recovery Associates / Debt Collection
I sent the letter below to PRA. I do not know what they are collecting for back in 1991. I am an African American living in a redlined zone watching foreclosure all around me. Thank God, after two illegal foreclosure attempts by HomeSiding Lending and than Washington Mutual, I am mortgage free. I am still owed $6, 000 I paid to stop the foreclose and this money does not appear on my mortgage histories or the end of the year tax statement. Most recently, I know have a several attempts to collect debts that are not mine. I have a case worth investigation, See letter below.
December 28, 2008
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC email@example.com
140 Corporate Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23502
This comes to dispute your undated mailing which I received on December 24, 2008. The two separate mailings displayed the above reference numbers.
One of the envelopes contained a letter stating I had a loan dated 10/7/1991 which I deny. The other envelop contained a dispute form with a different reference no. and no information about what was being disputed.
I request that all telephone calls stop immediately and that I receive only written and dated communications regarding this matter. The correspondence from PRA states “PRA purchased the account:6/30/2005”. I request full disclosure with all supporting documentation regarding the party that sold the alleged loan of over $8, 000 to PRA.
I request a response from PRA no later than 20 days from the date of this letter confirming that this matter has been closed.
More Portfolio Recovery Associates Complaints & Reviews
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - Fraudulent Debt Collection 
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - Scam and cheating 
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - Fraud and cheating 
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - Constant Calling 
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - Placed A Judgement On Me 
- Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC - debt collection attempt
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - collections floor
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - harassing phone calls and unethical behaviour 
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - debt collection company 
- Portfolio Recovery Associates - judgement