Portable On Demand Storage / Bad service

We ordered a PODS container to store our houshold goods while our Condo unit will be rented. When I placed the order with PODS via telephone, I was never asked whether or not I was going to need moving pads. I was aksed if I needed a lock and I said no thank you, I will be supplying my own. When the PODS contatiner was delivered, there were 12 moving pads, a new lock, 2 new pairs of gloves, and 2 new bundles of clothes line rope. All these items were in a pile in one corner inside the container. No note informing me that using the items will incurr additional charges. We used the moving pads and the 2 bundles of clothes line rope to cushion and secure our house hold goods. The container was picked up and now in the Reno NV facility. The lock and 2 pairs of gloves we still have in new condition. When we received our first monthly invoice, we paid the total amount charged. The second invoice we received, we were being charged for moving pads again - $27.48. I contacted PODS Platinum Service and told them that we were never made aware by anyone that there would be a monthly fee for using the moving pads. Okay, since we used the rope, we will be more than willing to pay for these items we used. However, I do not think we should be paying a monthly charge for the 12 moving pads we used - we did not order them and were not told that we could order them in the first place for a monthly fee. Yes we used the moving pads but they were there to be used and no note attached to any of the items I found inside stating that there will be a $27.48 monthly charge for the pads. I called PODs 3 time already to complain about this issue. Customer Service says they could not do anything unless the Location Manager agrees to remove the charge for the moving pads. The first time I called to complain, I was told some one would be calling me back within 48 hours help me resolve my complaint. No one called. On my 2nd call to PODS, I was told that the Location Manager (Tony) would be calling me. It's been another 2 days and I haven't heard from Tony or anyone. I called PODS back today and Customer Service told me the manager informed them I have until Feb 20 to return the unsed items or I will incurr more charges. I explained the situation with the moving pads again only to be told only the Location Manager can make changes to my monthly charges. No one has told me where to send the unused items. Location Manager is suppose to call me again tomorrow (office is closed today). the issue with the charges for the moving pads is still unresolved after 3 calls to their Platinum Customer Service.

Ke

Comments

• Co
      27th of Mar, 2009

March 26, 2009

Kevin (181241)

To whom it may concern:

This matter has been satisfactorily resolved through coordinated efforts between PODS Enterprises, Inc and Mr. Relucio. Mr. Relucio has returned the lock and a pair of gloves and a credit in the amount of $15.03 has been applied to the account. Mr. Relucio has decided it is best to purchase the moving pads and upon returning them, in the spirit of compromise, PODS Enterprises, Inc. will credit Mr. Relucio’s account 50% of the purchase price in the amount of ($48.00 plus local sales tax $3.54) $51.54 as agreed.

consumerresolution@pods.com

4100 Bennett Rd - ZIP: 43612
    Toledo
    Phone: (800) 776-7637
    pods.com

PODS misrepresented their Delivery fee's. The original quote that was sent to me was completely useless. When I called for delivery the Representative 'Completely' re figured all of the cost at a 'MUCH HIGHER' price. No attempt was made to honor the original invoice. PODS representative, on the phone was challenged about the additional fee became a Brick Wall. She made-up stories about a drop-off day change at the home I was leaving caused additional fee's, and I made a ZIP CODE change, placing the drop-off location closer than the original location. I was told originally that if bad weather was a problem you could change the drop-off date. With-out any additional fee's being charged to my account. The Zip Code change was a minor change and was immediately canceled, by me once I found out it would cost more. The cancellation did not lower the cost even though it was used as an excuse by PODS as a cause for charging me more. Please consider PODS a poorly managed, customer comes last, fast to change the rules type of organization. It's obvious they care less about the customer then they do about 'Texas Road Kill' Consider PODS as a last choice. Just as they consider you a lost cause.

5th of Jul, 2009

Complaint has been resolved. American Express investigated and the PODS.Toledo location refunded all of my money. Using the credit card saved me time and money.