Porsche-Johannesburg-South Africa / Latent gearbox defect
I am the proud owner of a Porsche 911 Carrera 4, year of manufacture 2000, odometer 66000kms, this vehicle was purchased new from the local Porsche Distributor, and serviced in strict accordance with prescibed service schedule . The low mileage is due to the vehicle being a "weekend automobile" . I was notified 2 years ago of a leaking gearbox seal and the service consultant was to order a new gasket and inform me as to when available. As no further communication took place, at the next service I informed the service consultant on duty of the pending replacement of the gearbox gasket/seal only to be informed to my horror that the seal cannot be replaced being a sealed gearbox, instead the entire geabox must be replaced at a cost of approx. 14, 000 US Dollars.
I express my total rejection of the wear and tear argument and further presented a counter-argument citing latent inherent defect which I want remedied by the manufacturer in accordance with the product liability legislation of the country .
I have been badly deceived by Porsche South Africa and I feel obliged to inform the world wide Porsche fan fraternity of my unpleasant experience .
More Porsche-Johannesburg-South Africa Complaints & Reviews
- Porsche Dealership - False promises 
- Porsche Financial Services - Payment status 
- Porsche Financial Services - delay payment post to impose late charges 
- Porsche - Financial 
- [Resolved] Porsche Dealership - Car Fraud
- Porsche Cars North America - incompetent service department at porsche of naples
- Porsche - 2018 carrera 911s
- Porsche Cars North America - Awful Vehicle Noise
- Porsche - 2019 gt3rs hood issue
- Porsche Centre Bristol UK - return of deposit