Popular Mortgage Servicing Inc / Loan Modification

United States, New York, Hollis Review updated:

I applied for a loan modification back in July 2008. It took them 3 months to contact me after calling them serveral times. In October 2008 I was in the middle of doing a loan modification. In November 2008 I found out that the person I was dealing with was laid off & my file was never completed. This is not fair. I need this loan modification. I pay $4361 a month without taxes & insurance. My rate is 11% & is going up in July 2009. Can you please help me? My lender is terrible. They don't know what they are doing & I don't know what else to do.

A  14th of Feb, 2009 by
I also have a mortgage with Popular and can't begin to tell you how difficult it has been. I have talked to them endlessly with so many different answers. First I was told they had sold all their loans and to wait for my new loan company to call. Then I was told everyone in the loan modification department was being laid off and they could not help me. Then I was told my loan was not sold and they don't do modifications. The only thing they could do is split up the past due payments into increments and add them each month to the existing payment.
What kind of solution is that if you cant make the whole payment. Now I am no longer recieving any correspondence from Popular, not even an end of the year mortgage interest statement.

I don't know what to expect next.
N  9th of Mar, 2009 by
Does anyone have Popular Mortgage Servicing's federal tax id...I never got that info before they sold me and now I am having trouble filing my taxes.
A  9th of Mar, 2009 by