Popular Club Plan Inc. / RIPPED OFF

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Popular club has ripped off some many people. never told there club leaders that they was going out of business, but they continue to collect money. they owe the leaders rewards which is equal to dollar amounts, and credits which was never paid for. to all of you out there. don't be victimized a second time. please file a complaint with bbb. they had the nerve to send me a letter from a collection ageny, stating I owe them 100.00 well they owe me hundreds in rewards and credits. paid for stuff I never received after they told me it was on back-order. don't sent them any money. filed a complaint. hopefuly they get what they deserve, nothing but bad business practices. sorry to all that was hurt because of this.

Comments

Di
  29th of Jun, 2009

It would have been nice if Popular Club Plan had informed its Club Secretaries that they were going out of business, instead of continuing to tell us that things were changing due to new ownership. They said a new Catalog would be available in the Spring 2009...well that never happened. They owe me and my members thousands of dollars and that is not fair. This is definitely poor business management, especially when their thousands of Club Secretaries have been working hard to make them money as well as ourselves. Club Secretaries we need to unite and get our $$$ back for all of our hard work!!!

Ma
  7th of Jul, 2009

I agree, I also was a secretary for Popular Club for over 20 years. I heard nothing from them, not a peep, that they were even going to be sold, or going out of business ... nothing. My club members keep asking me when the new book will come out, nevermind about the value of the rewards they have, and/or what to do with them. It's just so hard to explain to them that all their rewards they've collected to get something nice for themselves, are now just firestarters... So yeah, I agree, It's just not fair !

Wa
  17th of Jul, 2009

POPULAR CLUB HAS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ALL OF US. THIS IS A SHAME. AND THE NERVE THAT THEY HAVE SOME COLLECTION AGENCY TO TRY TO COLLECT 114.00 FROM ME, I COULD'NT BELIEVE IT THEY OWE ME HUNDREDS AND THEY HIRE SOMEONE TO TRY TO SUE ME. I PRAY THAT BBB IS ABLE TO HELP US. IF YOU GET A LETTER IF YOU DID HAVE A BALANCE YOU OWE THEM, DON'T PAY. CONTACT THE BBB AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY OWE YOU FOR REWARDS AND CREDITS THAT YOU NEVER RECEIVED. PLEASE DON'T SEND THEM ANY MONEY, IF YOU DO YOU WILL ONLY BE RIPPED OFF TWICE HAVE ANYONE RECEIVED ANY LETTERS FROM COLLECTION AGENCIES WASRIPPEDOFF63

Mr
  14th of Aug, 2009

I'm just now finding out about popular club going out of busines. I sent them my clients money. My husband called and requested another book and they told him that the book was not ready and nor was the web site. I was wondering why the site wasn't active! That's messed up. POPULAR CLUB IS A RIP OFF.

Li
  19th of Aug, 2009

I'm just now finding out that popular club went out of busines. Thank you for putting them out there for bad business. Just would like to know whats going to happen with the reward owe to the secretary and member? Secretary BRN965 BX

Re
  21st of Aug, 2009

I have been calling popular club to find out what's going on and they would say that they are changing hand and please bear with us, new books will be coming out and I asked them are they going out of business and they would say no, I have credits with them and also dividend, I would like to know what will happen with my credits and dividents. My secretary has been calling and calling and the same things was said to her, so I will never do this again with any company, Thanks for everything the BBB can do for all of us

Mr
  11th of Sep, 2009

Nor wonder!!! I have been trying to get into their web site and wasn't able to. I had over $1000.00 in secretary rewards and credit. After all the work I put in and years!!! RGJ

Ar
  16th of Sep, 2009

Hey I just found out they are out of business. I have not ordered from them in a while and was just thinking that I have not received a catalog in a while and was just thinking about using my rewards and ooops they are closed. They owe me about $300 in rewards. They sure knew what they were doing. I really expected a lot more from PCP after so many years of service both on their end and ours. I will contact BBB also to file a complaint.

St
  22nd of Sep, 2009

I agree that this is terrible business practice on the part of Popular Club. I used to be an active secretary but fortunately enough for me, I only ordered a few times a year and my last order was over a year ago. I went online to place an order for myself today and could not find them. My searches led me to this posting. Anyway, for all of you who got ripped off, I am truly sorry and I hope you get this issue resolved. If you are interested in making some real money, send me an email Samantha at bettyboopfigure@comcast.net or call me at 770-633-9202. I am now a distributor of the Ardyss Body Magic. Great company (Ardyss International)!. Awesome product! Seven different ways to get paid!

Se
  23rd of Sep, 2009

I am extremely disappointed with Popular Clubs business practice. I have no outstanding accounts to my club and I nor my customers were entitled to use our cash/dividends that we all earned. I have $500 in reward credits that I was not able to use. They never sent any notice out regarding their business issue. I've been a Club Secretary for over 20 years and it's ashame that a company can take advantage of people the way they have. This is really BAD BUSINESS, and something should be done about this.

Michelle B.
Tuckahoe, New York

Ja
  28th of Sep, 2009

They owe my mother lots of reward credits too and they did not do anything to inform that they were going out of business. All they turned out to be were rip offs!!! Terrible way to do business & I also agree that all club secretaries need to complain to the better business bureau as well as all those who did not receive their reward credits! Something needs to be done about this!!!

Se
  29th of Sep, 2009

I walked away from Popular Club over 10 years ago. Today I decided to check out their website to see if anything new would catch my eye. Well, to my surprise, something did catch my eye. This site and all these postings. I'm amazed that they did something like this and now more than ever, I'm glad I cleared my account and walked away when I did. I hope all the people who are and were ripped off by this company get some kind of justification and return for their hard work.

Sw
  6th of Oct, 2009

Figures! It took 8 months for me to get these so called credit slips from them when I placed orders and the orders never came. I have $800.00 in reward credit gone to waste. And now, they can't be used. I was a secretary for 15 years as well. So glad to get rid of them and glad they are out of business. They were the worse in the last 3 years. As soon as Fingerhut bought them out, it went down hill from there. I will still file a complaint. There has to be some monetary equivalent to those reward credits. It's no different from working and not getting paid. I will be filing with the BBB asap.

Er
  10th of Oct, 2009

I am feel so relieved to have read these comments. I felt so cheated! I was a secretary for 15 years and I was so happy to be a Popular Club Secretary. I became wary when I could'nt access their website. I called their customer service number and I ask the customer service person if Popular Club was going to close. The customer service person told me they were NOT closing. I am very upset because I have $700.00 in leader rewards and credits. I feel like they didn't pay me for my work. They should be made responsible for all the secretaries money. Something should be done about this. I am going to report to BBB.

Elsie Rivera

Ms
  17th of Oct, 2009

ITS BEEN A WHILE BUT THEY PUT ME IN COLLLECTIONS, BECAUSE OF OTHERS. NOW ITS ON MY CREDIT REPORT. THEY TOOK MY REWARDS AND PEOPLE CREDIT . SO I COULDNT DO ANYTHING CAUSE THEY DIDINT RESPONE TO ME AND THEY TOTAL HAD KICKED ME OFF LINE WITHOUT ANY SAY SO. NO COMMUNICATION AFTER THEY FEEL YOU ARE IN THEIR DOGHOUSE BUT I WILL COMPLAIN AND PASS IT ON .

Di
  13th of Nov, 2009

I have over 700.00 in credits as a member which I cannot use. Shame on them. Fingerhut should be made to reimburse all the secretarys and members the dividends and rewards.
Shame on both companies.

Diana Jencks

Ju
  19th of Dec, 2009

They ought 2 b ashamed of themselves. What goes around comes around.
People don't pay them a dime. They owe us!!!

Mw
  8th of Jan, 2010

I also was a club secretary for many, many years and I called the number to try and contact them regarding my reward credits that I have and was told that my reward credits was no longer valid. They also said that they didnt know what to tell me about redeeming them.

M.Wylie

Li
  11th of Jan, 2010

I myself had over $3, 000 in credits as well as several members having hundreds of dollars. I was told that the new catalogue was coming out when I asked whether or not they were going out of business, to which they assured me they weren't. Someone has to take charge of this situation.

I actually found a Facebook group called Ripped off by Popular Club Plan. Here's the link, if you'd like to join: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/group.php?gid=131556416527.

Bo
  14th of Jan, 2010

I have been secretary going back to the 1960's-have tried to get in touch with PCP many times, all my mail being sent back as "unknown". It's not right to do this to all their customers, sales people, secretaries etc. What do I do now? Have we no recourse through the Attorney General's office in New Jersey? I have rewards, dividends, credits etc. I never used them, was saving up for a special reward. Now all my years of savings are down the drain, literally. Can they make the new owners liable for restitution? Can we file claims against Popular Club. I just found out now that they went belly up and were being bought out by Fingerhut?! Anyone out there know of a site to file claims? Bonnie in Connecticut.