Pomery & Associates / Pomery Law / Home Loan Modification Scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I engaged this company in hope to get assistance with a loan modification with my mortgage company. The company seemed to want to help but when after I expressed my skepticism, the representative became very defensive and rude with me. He asked if I was some sort of idiot. I simply called to cancel my request for services. I never signed any contract with them I only spoke with them on the phone. I did agree to give them a 500.00 deposit on services, that they told me was completely refundable.
I have requested a refund since it has only been a few days and they had not yet done anything on my behalf except send me information in the mail. I was told there may be a problem with that since it had been past three days. I don't understand why they would keep my money if they had not done anything for me. I'm sure they will give me a hard time. This company has bad reviews all over the web and the rep told me that was due to disgruntaled employees that are using thier name. I simply don't want to do business with them any longer. I did not like being called an idiot by this company's representative.
They did place me on hold for 25 min. and I finally hung up.

I will continue to attempt to recover my 500.00, wish me luck

Tr

Comments

• Ni
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Good luck Trish,
    I'm in the same both, but we gave about $2500 and still waiting for the "Talking with your lender" to be complete. It's been like that for nearly 3 months, how long does it take to talk to the lender?

Who was your rep?

We have had over 10 different reps each time we called since we didn't get an update.