Polytones Club / all big money scam

1 VT, United States Review updated:

This was supposed to be FREE. I have a goPhone which I only put like 15 days on because it's only for when I am not home...this company has been texting my phone for the last 25 minutes and each one costs me 20 cents. All I did was a little IQ test, which said I'm brilliant and sent me to this other stuff that's taking my money and I didn't sign up for. These peepz need to be caught!

Je

Comments

• Au
      7th of Apr, 2008
    Polytones Club - Scam
    Polytones Club
    Arizona
    www.ringtonetimes.com

Advertised free Barry Manilow ringtone on BM fan club site and never delivered. They were going to charge $10. per month. I canceled.

16th of May, 2008

I want to know how I go about not getting charged monthly for something I didn't do. I didn't download anything and I shouldn't be charged.

24th of Jun, 2008

Was charged for service that i did not ordered. Beware people!

• Do
      25th of Jul, 2008
    Polytones Ringtones - The Subscriptions
    Polytones
    Michigan
    Phone: Polyones

same thing happened to me. By accident I subscribed and thought I had cancelled it. I called t mobile and they told me to text 71769 to unsubscribe which I did. Just got my second bill with the same 19.98 bill. Try to contact t mobile again but couldn't get through. I am looking for a phone number to contact Ringtones. any body have one that works?

14th of Aug, 2008

simply went in to look at the free ringtones didnot select any and the next thing I knowI get a text message with the number 717-69 that I am in a club and the charge is 9.99 a month. I never selected anything and I cannot get back to the webb site.

• Je
      15th of Aug, 2008

Does anyone know how to contact the company? Did the same to me, charging me $9.99 every time I add minutes to my phone. Does anyone know if a class action suit has been started yet?
    This is major criminal activity. When I realized that they had signed me up for something I didn't want, I followed the directions to "unsubscribe" . They never unsubscribed me.

• St
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I don't want to be charged for something I did not agree to either! I want that subscription canceled!

29th of Aug, 2008

please unsubscribe me from club. I DID not authorise any subscription to deduct weekly 4.50 thank you

30th of Aug, 2008

please unsubscribe me from the service which I did not ordered.

• Na
      3rd of Sep, 2008

hey have you tried the correct number. i just did its 88838. am tired and fed up with it too. got the same problem and its taking all my credit. i need a refund cos i use my phone for emergency.

• Be
      27th of Sep, 2008

Same thing just happened to me. Found this: http://www.ringtonetimes.com/help.do
    If you scroll to the very bottom, you see how to unsubscribe. When I did it, I got text msg that says I am not subscribed. Will call Sprint to verify, but not sure if it worked as of yet.

• To
      15th of Oct, 2008

please unsubscribe me from this club.I DID NOT AUTHORISE and subscription to take 9.99 a month from my phone..thank you plus i wont my 9.99 back on my phone...

• To
      15th of Oct, 2008

i wont this subscription took off my phone and i wont to know how to do it!!! this is just not right

• Kw
      15th of Oct, 2008

This was a huge SCAM!!! I also got a notification for a free ringtone and thought it would be fun -- and now I get a $9.99 charge on my cellphone bill! Outrageous. I never agreed to any charges, but thought it would be great to try a new ringtone. I am so mad at myself for not seeing a SCAM immediately! Has anyone figured out how to a) actually use the ringtone site or b) how to cancel this darn thing?

• Sp
      24th of Nov, 2008

Completed Eminem quiz to get free ringtone, notes said that i would have to enter a pin to subscribe, WHAT A LOAD OF BULL, I AM £9.00 OUT of pocket. Carma is a great thing, good luck with it!!! Have sent my stop text, will have to see whether that works. Has anyone ever got there money back?

• Ba
      29th of Nov, 2008

I requested your services in error. Please delete my subscription.

B Best

• Vi
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I just texted STOP when it texted me a message and the subscriptions stopped but i dont know about the $9.99 thing after i read the site Terms Of Use ?? Can anyone help me so they can stop charging me ????

20th of Feb, 2009

I did not want to order no ringtones for 9.99/mo i was ask to take a quiz about chris brown to recieved a free ring tone and was charged 9.99 i do not want it and i want my money back on my phone.I was misleaded.

23rd of Feb, 2009

Is this just with the virgin mobile phone service or does anyone have other service? I have a prepaid virgin mobile phone and they say this is a non virgin mobile subscription. I didn't even get a chance to use the phone because they took the money I applied. What kind of service allows them to steal your money off your acct? Shouldn't you have to pay for this seperately if it was legitimate? Virgin mobile is looking for a class action lawsuit if this is how they do business allowing other companies to steal a persons top up money!!!

28th of Feb, 2009

I put my number on poltones please dont charge it to my phone i want to cancell i didnt know it charges dont charge my celluarphone