Polytone Club / they are thieves

1 Bristol, England, Avon, United Kingdom Review updated:

i was offered a free bob marley ringtone after palying a game on the internet. I applied for the free ringtone, I got loads of texts straight away stating I joined Polytone Club for 450p + 450p a week. I unsubscribed straight away. I still got chared £7.22 + vat for receiving unwanted messages. I did not get my free bob marley ringtone. Lying, cheating, scamming ********.
Will anyone do anything about these complaints or can I do anything about these complaints

Pa

Comments

• Ti
      29th of Aug, 2008
    Polytone Club - unauthorised charges
    Ilford
    England, Essex
    Phone: 07930 828881
    tbali@ravidasialondon.org.uk

polytone clubcharges 4.50 from mobile I did not subscribe any weekly 4.50 ringing club. please unsubscribe me from this rip off.

• Lo
      4th of Sep, 2008
    Polytone Club - Unneeded charges
    Gateside Cottage
    Kelso
    Scotland, Borders
    Phone: 07938122871

They charge weekly rates of 4.50 from your mobile which are not needed or wanted i mean what if you didn't have £4.50 credit?

• Br
      9th of Sep, 2008

Complimentary RingTone... Stated nothing about signing up to a contract, until you go back and look.

• Da
      14th of Sep, 2008

Yeah same here, i downloaded one thing, which didn't even work and charges me 450p every week WTF??

• Va
      16th of Sep, 2008
    Polytone Club - Charges taken without consent
    Bolton
    Phone: 01204 855297
    www.ringtonetimes.com

I won a ringtone on a quiz and polytone club immediately took £4.50 out of my credit on my phone without my consent. What can I do to stop them taking any more money?

• Kp
      6th of Oct, 2008

my 11 year has ten pounds credit a month which they kindly take £4.50 each week. We don't why she is getting these text as she has never subscribed. This is distgusting, we cant even stop them!!!

8th of Oct, 2008

STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!!!

• Mi
      29th of Oct, 2008

I wasn't even aware of subscribing. Then I started to get messages saying I was subscribed at £4.50 weekly. An example of the internet at its worst.

• To
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Me 2, except it said $9.99 a month...I want it to STOP!!

• To
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Same happened to me except it said 9.99 a month...i want it to stop!!!

5th of Nov, 2008

my daughter is 9 years old has started to recieve messages saying she is going to be charged 4.50 per week. i want this taken off or information how to unsubscribe. she hasnt even subscribed so if any money comes out her mobile i will be taking this further !!!

• Me
      11th of Nov, 2008

I load £5 a week and £4.50 is taken out of it without me having the ringtones and I'm asked to top again. Sorry but I'm no more interested in this subscription. I want it cancelled right away.

• Be
      5th of Jan, 2009
    Polytone Club - Charges
    Llanelli
    Wales, Dyfed
    Phone: LG viewty

I bought a ring tone off the website and it gave me a code so i sent ok back (as i was instructed) and then typed in the code, on the computer. i waited for the ringtone to send to my phone but nothing came so i sent an email, no one has answered that email. i looked at my credit i only had 74p ( i did have £10.06) i looked through my texts and saw that it said that i had joined polytone club 420p a week!!! what a rip off and i havnt even had the ringtone

• Pa
      20th of Jan, 2009

text STOP to 88838.

• Ju
      21st of Jun, 2009
    Polytone Club - looking on a job seeking website and ended up with the message that I was subscribed for $9.99 a month. I want to remove it!
    Washington
    Pennsylvania

looking on a job seeking website and ended up with the message that I was subscribed for $9.99 a month. I want it removed!!

• Ju
      21st of Jun, 2009

I just made a complaint and I hit reply on my original message telling me I was subscribed and sent STOP! I received a message promplty back stating that my subscription was cancelled. I'm crossing my fingers that it is true!