PollEverywhere / Customer Service Usedd Profanity

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

Customer Service never respnded to e-mails or phone messages. Kept charging my American Express. I called again to cancel. Received a phone call back from company finally. Was told they could not cancel via phone as they could not confirm my identify. I said 'if that is the case', then why do they not have a problem billing my credit card each month. At that point, the customer service representative said "...listen DICK..." I could not believe what he said to me. I said 'What did you say" and he said 'You heard me"...He would NOT admit he said it. Started saying I 'misheard'... Finally, I had to retrieve my credit card and give him the final digits along with expiration date. I'm supposed to be 'cancelled now.' We shall see. I recommend NOT doing business with this company.

Lw

Comments

• Je
      7th of Jan, 2011

Mr. Luttrell -

You have lied multiple times in this review, and omitted critical information about our call.

As to the issue of you claiming that I called you a "dick", I simply think you really did mishear me. Further more, at no point in our call were the words "You heard me" said by anyone. I even tried to apologize for whatever you thought you heard so we could move on, knowing full well you were getting worked up over something that wasn't even said. It's because you came into the call with attitude guns blazing that you were mentally trying to pick a fight where there was none, and that's probably why you misheard what you did.

You were outraged that I would ask you for the last four digits of the credit card on file because you could not remember your password. Why is that so hard? Why did you tell me you didn't want to retrieve that simple piece of information to verify your identity (then you finally found the ability to ask your wife to pull out the card, somehow). I was trying to help you at 6PM on Friday, December 24th, stepping away from a family meal on Christmas Eve. You refused to believe that you misheard me, and became combative despite me trying to be solution-focused with you.

You accused us of not responding to your emails (which is plainly false - you never emailed us. We have NEVER missed a customer email to a spam box, and it's essential to our business we never miss emails). It's also telling and troubling that in your report, you omit such an obvious and important detail as this: You created two accounts with us, one using a fake email account, which is why you couldn't remember or figure out why you were being billed. And if you can't figure out why you "kept getting charged", well, it's because you signed up for a service that did not try to hide the fact that it's monthly subscription that you can easily cancel at any time, and you chose not to.

As a result of the incident, we're now recording all phone interactions with customers, because nothing would be more vindicating to post the recording and make it clear to the internet that you're someone who's either lying or mentally disabled. You have no right to be libelous about a company and abusive to someone trying to help you, just because you violated the simple and reasonable terms of service and didn't want to dig out your credit card. We've certainly been sworn at by customers who think that's how you get results, but you are the first and only person to accuse us of using profanity on a customer call.