PolaroidTerrible experience

1 Review updated:

Purchased a Polaroid TDA-32011C TV + DVD on August 31, 2017. I installed it, it worked perfectly until September 2 where vertical lines of different colors appeared. Called the Polaroid call center, where I was given a case # and a promise to send a technician as soon as I faxed the store receipt. The next day, I received a call saying they could not honor the warranty with that store - despite the 90 day manufacturer warranty.

The store decided to pick it up and refund it to me as they didn't have any left. I will never buy Polaroid again. Lousy product, lousy customer service, lousy company. And you wonder why the Japanese are so successful!

I'll buy a Sharp or a Sony instead...

Comments

• Je
      Nov 09, 2008
    Polaroid - Cheep TV

I purchased a polaroid FLM373B flat screen TV 1/07/07. Now 10/03/08 I have a $1, 100 TV that don't work.When i turn it on, the blue light comes on, but all i get is a black screen. I called customer service and was told (SORRY) that the TV was out of warranty but can be replaced for$345.00plus I'd have to pay for shipping both ways so it looks like I'm out of $1, 100 bucks and back to my old TV till I can save for a new one. And next time it won't be a polaroid.

• We
      Nov 24, 2008
    Polaroid - dishonesty and rude treatment
    202 Stoney Creek Ln
    Murphy
    North Carolina
    Phone: [protected]

On July 24, 2017 we bought nearly 5, 000 dollars worth of Polaroid televisions. They stated at Walmart that the tv's come with 1 year warranty. We also purchased further 2 year warranty as well. Our 26" tv stopped working on November 23, 2017. 4 months after purchasing... I drove to Walmart to return it. They, of course can't do anything as it is Polaroid who must deal with it. I rang Polaroid at 11:35 a.m. on the 24th. The first guy was very nice but said the company has experienced a split and I had to ring another number. After 2 hours of waiting and listening to musac I finally got a man who questioned me about things and then transferred me for an additional 15 minutes wait to customer service. I was passed onto Rhonda who did not apologize or make any attempt to make my wait any better...and then informed me I have to post this television at MY expense to California to get repaired. Of course if anything goes wrong in the post, that is our problem. WHAT kind of warranty is that? Between the abusive treament from Rhonda, the wait of 2 hours to speak to her and this news I believe that Polaroid should be investigated. They are a very dishonest and uncaring company. Please deal with this situation and make sure all American's are made aware of the fake warranty!
    We are not talking a 100 bucks for a television here, it is a 547.00 tv!
    I'm sick over this...my 13 year old, whose tv it is...is in tears. Up to a month to get any news in regards to this tv. It's wrong!
    Wendy Boyce

• Je
      Dec 02, 2008
    polaroid.com

I purchased this TV 1/07/07 now 10/03/08 nothing.When i turn it on the blue light comes on but i get a black screen.I called customer service and was told the TV was out of warranty.Now i have a $1, 100 dollar TV that don't work

Jan 24, 2009

We purchased a Polaroid 32" HD Widescreen LCD TV/DVD Comb0 on 9-9-08 at Wal-Mart in Spencer, Iowa. We have discovered that the dvd's seem to not play after the first few minutes. There is no authorized dealer in our area. What is your policy to repair or replace this machine. The dvd player is worthless . We cannot play a single dvd. We have only used this a very few times.

I want some answers

NOW!!!

• Lm
      Feb 05, 2009

Unfortunately, like you, I purchased a Polaroid TV from Walmart for $800.00. Within 18 months the power supply went bad. The warranty expired after 12 months. I have called customer service and they keep telling me to go to the website, click on support, then click on contact us to find the number to call for complaints. That number just sends me right back to customer service who cannot help me and they tell me to do the exact same thing. No one wants to help. The first time I called I (a few months ago) I actually got some kind of answer...ship the tv back to them to get it fixed...which, I found out will cost more than the tv by the time it's all said and done. I have a friend who is a technician, he tried to see what he could do to fix it. He found a site that had 10 customer complaints on it, and all pretty much said the same thing. One lady's tv blew up and almost burned her. I guess we just have to accept the fact that we all lost a lot of money. The only thing we can really do is complain, complain, complain. I am in contact with Walmart trying to convince them not to sell any more Polaroid products!!
    Lynn

Feb 24, 2009

Hi Wendy,

There may be an option to allow these TV's to be repaired very inexpensively ($60-$85). Were you able to get resolution from Polaroid?

• Pa
      Jul 23, 2009
    Wal-Mart
    Bonner Springs
    Kansas

I purchased a Polaroid 32" Widescreen LCD TV/DVD combo in March of 08. I was watching television and my screen went blank, no power at all. After getting the runaround by Polaroid I was finally told that the company had been sold and to call the next day, which I did only to get the recording telling me that although I had not entered a product, that the product that I entered no longer had tech support and to go to the website. I did that and the website read to call the number that had told me to go to the website. Total runaround. I sent several e-mails asking for information on repairs. I did not receive a reply.

I would not recommend or buy any type of Polaroid product ever again.

• Bu
      Aug 07, 2009

i totally agree. i've got the same problem. called in to polaroid and was told it was sold. couldn't get a price on the part. was told to call back. I did. Same run around. call back ion 15 days when the transision is done. tried to call back again and they were closed. don't buy polaroid. not a good product.

• Mb
      Apr 22, 2010

polariods warrenty deptmant is cutting sales mangement engineering customer service off at the knees i can honestly say i found every thing ok with them until the warrenty dept they are like a nazi germany

• Pa
      Jun 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Ohio

I was watching out 32 inch Polaroid flat screen tv when suddenly the screen went blank and smoke started pouring out of the back of the television.

• Sh
      Apr 17, 2012

We purchased a Polariod tablet for my youngest son to "earn" bringing up his math grades. He worked hard all year and finally got the tablet. We spent literally days trying to load apps onto it. He used it about 10 hours before dropping it onto our kitchen table from about 3 inches off the table-on to it's back. It broke the screen and is now unuseable. I cannot get any response from Polariod on if I can replace the screen if its under warranty etc. I tried to return it to the store we purchased it for an exchange or $ towards a different tablet. We were told we cannot retrn it since we purchased it as a "special sale item during Black Friday shopping. Furious with Polariod for putting out such a piece of crap then ignoring hundreds of complaints and not trying to fix the issue. It's the last items we will ever buy tied to Polariod.

• Ca
      May 07, 2014

I will not buy one again, I wish that I had read the bad report about Polaroid Tvs . They are not no good at all. I have one and had it just for 8 months and now it is not working at all. the powder when cut it on it go back off.