Polaroid - TDX-03211c / Poor Service- Pathetic Equipment

I bought a 32 inch HDTV/DVD combo from Walmart. I had to return one of the items I bought and lost the reciept in the process. I also bought the extended 2 year warrantee in the process. I bought this in June, and by September The DVD player did not work. I have been working with Walmart to abtain a copy of the reciept and I know when the transaction posted to my account. So fast forward to December, I send a request to Poloroid and the send me a phone number to contact. I contact them and they provide me with a different phone number to call, which I do. After 25 minutes on hold I talk to someone who tells me that I need to deal with Warantee service and transfer me. 20 minutes later I talk to someone in customer service. I give them the model number and the serial number and the build date is right on the TV as March 2008 with a one year warantee. They say fax a copy of the reciept, but I tell them I do not have it and they say sorry we cannot help you. I ask to talk to the young ladies supervisor and she tells me she is not in so I ask for her supervisors extension, which she will not give. I then ask to talk to the next person up the chain that is available and she throws me back on hold. It has now been well over an hour that I have been on hold.

My recomendation is that you do not buy Polaroid products as they have horrible customer service.

Ol

Comments

• Le
      31st of Dec, 2008

We also bought a 32" Polaroid TV/DVD combo, and the TV went out in about a month. I too had lost the reciept from Walmart, but they pulled it up for me when I gave them the exact date I bought it. It was a very strange repair process. They sent the part to me, and then sent a repair person. So far, so good. But the unit seem to give of a LOT of heat.

7th of Feb, 2009

i PURCHASED THE Polaroid - TDX-03211c FROM Walmart and after 3 months the DVD player broke. We returned the TV and got another one in its place> had that one for 3 months and the same thing happened. i would not recomend this TV to anyone

• Mo
      23rd of Feb, 2010

i have had my polaroid32" tdx-03211c for right around a year. The day i got it home it had a pixel dot, about 2 mths later it was a solid line across my screen...I have 4 kids so its hard to keep up with something as small as a reciept so i called the walmart i purchased it at and the said they couldnt find it without the date of purchase.Well now its Jan 23, 2010 and i can hear sound but i have no picture...my dvd player went out not long after i got it, my audio out jack didnt work when we hooked up surround sound to it...it is a PIECE OF CRAP!!! we payed right at $700 for it and now its just collecting dust! and to top it all Polaroid filled BANKRUPTCY!!! so i dunno if my tv will ever be fixed! people the only thing i can say is DONT BUY THEM EVEN IF THEY ARE CHEAPER...YOU DONT GET YOUR MONEY WORTH!!!