Polaroid / Terrible experience!

United States Review updated:

I too have been waiting almost 6 months for some sort of resolution from these 'polaroid' people... I have since found out that there is no real polaroid company anymore... they have no employees... the name was sold to a company 'Flextronics' and they are the ones selling these China made pieces of garbage with the polaroid name fixed to them... they have known from the start that these TV's have a life expectancy of less than one year, yet they continue to push this trash worldwide, making huge profits... the TV's you and I paid $1000. for cost them less than $100. to manufacture in China... that includes shipping...All the return,customer service (big joke) and other headaches associated with the after sale has been subbed out to a company called 'Data Exchange Corp.'... I know they must be kicking themselves in the butt right now... lol... Anyway... Good Luck to all who have fallen victim to this SCAM... My horror story of promises and many lies would take pages to complete... Wonder what Walmart, Circuit City and Best Buys return rate is for these products... Wonder if they are in on the profit taking???.. I tried to find out... No Luck.
Va

Comments

Ka
  23rd of Oct, 2008
I too have been scammed. Does anyone ever get a TV back. I feel bad for those poor customer service techs that get the continuous complaint calls. My sad, sad story is like so many others. Bought a 42 inch flat screen Polaroid on Black Friday of 2007 at Wal-mart. Didn't open the box until Sept 2008 and the TV had a big greenvertical line going down it in the middle of the screen. Customer service was very nice, told me to send the TV back (at my cost of $150 to ship it back). I was told I would have a replacement TV in 7-10 days. Oct 6, 2008, I was told the same thing and Oct 23, 2008 I was told the TV was on back order and it would be another 7-10 days. Just lies!!! Has anyone ever gotten a TV back? When they get it back, does it actually work? Does anyone know where I can go to get resolution? Do I file a complaint with the Authorney General? Can I sue? Thought I was a savvy shopper, but I got taken big time.
Kathy Williams from Plainfield IN