Pokerstars / stole money from my bank account - refuse to refund

8-8-2009

I am writing this to warn people about using pokerstars.com

Earlier this week I tried making a deposit using e-check, which I have done many times before. I got an email saying that my transaction was declined, which was strange because I have never had a problem before. I tried it again and once again it was declined.

I didn't think much of it, and paid bills online instead of spending the money on poker which was probably smarter anyway.

A couple days later to my surprise I check my bank account and see a transaction had actually gone through from pokerstars, and that my bank account was in the negative.

It sucked, but it wasn't the end of the world I figured it wouldn't be too hard to fix the problem right? Wrong

First I call the number listed on my bank account and its a "3rd party processing company" who said they would look into it and contact pokerstars and if there was a mistake made they would fix it.

I also emailed pokerstars explaining what happened, that they declined my transaction and I received no money on my poker account, yet they charged my bank account, causing it to be negative

After no response, I finally get an email from pokerstars that they were contacted by the payment processor, but that since I requested the money it was a valid charge.

I replied explaining that yes I requested the money, but it had been declined from them, that I received no money, so no money should be taken out of my bank account.

It has now been 5 days, and it has been a nightmare dealing with them.

Just a warning to everyone out there be very careful when you deal with pokerstars. I have done everything possible to try to "assist" them in their help to refund my money but I feel like I have no option but to file a claim with my bank.

In my opinion I would warn everyone to never use them, and if you do don't give them access to your bank or credit cards

They have no customer service number, so you have to email them everything, and they take forever to respond and when they finally do they just repeat the same nonsense over and over again. I should copy and paste some of the emails they sent me which make no sense whatsoever i'm just so tired of dealing with this.

You have been warned!

Ra

Comments

• Lu
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Hi there,

I read your e-mail in full and can relate 100% to your posting. I have had a recent and on going issue with Poker Stars during August as well. What happened to me was that I accidentally put in the wrong amount that I wanted to use. My pattern which if they check my history is to put $20.00 to $25.00. I NEVER put any more than that. I had accidentally put $200.00 which once again is never my pattern and they refuse to refund me.

Now, let's say I had put $2, 000 and clearly my history has never shown such a high amount, would they just take it out of my account and say deal with it.

I have sent countless e-mails and get the same mumbo jumbo when it comes to cashing out. I think what their objective or strategy is to tire us out of dealing with them. I too went to my bank and they provided me the 3rd party 800 # in which they just have tom, dick, or harry call me back.

My poker stars e-mail contacts are Emily, Jane, Joe, Fred, Bill, Will, etc etc...lol

All I want is to cash out what I have in my account and they REFUSE to cash me out.

Not only that, one time I went to cash out the minimum cash out value and received the confirmation, yet I waited over 2 months with NO CHECK from them. As I continuously sent e-mails to find out where the hec my money was, they just ended up crediting it back to my poker stars account instead of sending me the cash out. I believe this was again in hopes that I would take their GLITCH and just go okay, I guess I'll just use the money in my poker stars account and play. I didn't want to play and lose it, I wanted my cash out request. DID NOT GET IT.

This is the second time I am DEMANDING my cash out request and they refuse. NOT ONLY THAT - there is no money showing up in my poker stars account at all yet it's come out of my bank!! I just show that I have $0.92 cents instead of the $200.00 !!

There has got to be something you and I can do and at least we are posting this here to help others from being scammed by poker stars.

Let me know how your situation goes, but let's not tire. I am looking at other complaints on line and somebody had contacted a gaming commission out of Canada for assistance.

Very Frustrating!!

• De
      13th of Sep, 2009

If you have a complaint that you want tio file against Pokerstars you write to the government of the Ile of Man, you can find the gaming enforcement office on line. They actually take the time to investigate every complaints and they call and write back to you anywhere in the world.

For the record, I've been playing poker for the last thirty years and the only time I consistently lose is at sites like Pokerstars.

28th of Oct, 2009

Thank God I found this. On October 19, my boyfriend transfered money of 185$ to my account. I wanted to cash it out.And pokerstars canceled it as i have to accumulate 15 VVPPs per 100$ (which i was not aware of). I was cool with it. Then the next day, assuming i had the VPPs already, i tried to cash it out again. Then, i noticed on the "pending cash out" section, The transaction was frozen so i need to email security@pokerstars for that, unaware what the situation is all about.

October 19:

I emailed them asking what the heck happened, why my money got frozen.

October 24:
    That's the day, at last they replied, after 5 freakin' days!Although I am aware they have so many emails, but come on, 5 days?U kidding me?

The email that they have to make identity verifications occasionally, and it was stated that "in order to process your cashout and as per security protocols, we would like to ask you to provide us with a copy of your identification (front and back) or any other Government issued identification and a copy of a recent utility bill under your name where we can see your current address"

I replied on the same day by giving them a scanned copy of my Philippine passport (i erased the passport and credit card number for security purposes), and a recent scanned copy of my Credit card bill. But yeah, i knew that the problem was because i am playing on a USA I.P. since I am currently on vacation in the U.S.A., i am a resident of Philippines (my home cuntry), i registered my account in the Philpinnes, bank account is registered in the Philippines as well, and everything is in and about Philippines. I explained to them that i barely got here in U.S. and play here with my POkerstars account.

October 25:

POkerstars emailed me that i need to submit an unaltered copy. I submitted an unaltered copy of those documents right away.

October 27:

I got this email again

"Thank you for your email. We received your documents, however, I noticed that the utility bill that you provided us is from your current address on Philippines and we need you to send one showing your new address in the United States."

Regards,
    Christian J.
    PokerStars Security Team."

What the hell is up with that? I explained to them that I am not a permanent resident nor a citizen of USA for them to allow me to have a Utility bill, I told them that i am here for vacation ONLY! Now they won't give me my 185$. It's been friggin more than a week. I hate it when people say Pokerstars has execellent service and stuff, but honestly, this happened to me twice already. I dont know how to prove my identity still because i gave them everything. But OMG! They are giving me hell with this thing. I dunno what to do anymore. I was thinking of giving up just in case i get my money. But the question is, will they ever give it to me?

• Po
      23rd of Jan, 2010

Pokerstars is a thieves...I tellyou. Recently, my husband noticed his account was losing money for no reason. He emailed Pokerstar for an audit. What happenned is they freeze his account and said if he doesn't send in his identification, they will not refund the balance in the account. It's only a small balance, but I dont know what they'll do once they get your identification? Don't even know if they real or not since there was no live person to talk to.
    They're just not a thieves...but they're a scammer too. Be careful to all of you who play pokerstars!

• Kh
      20th of Apr, 2010

I HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUES EXCEPT IN MY CASE IF I PUT IN 400.00 ON DIFFERENT DAYS BUT SO FAR THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER 1100.00 DO NOT GAMBLE THERE, DO NOT GAMBLE THERE THIEVES, THIEVES THIEVES. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

• Ju
      19th of Jun, 2010

Pokerstars got me

I had just won 7th place in a tournament, then bang, my account was frozen. They wanted front and back of drivers license and utility bill. Funny how they waited until now to want the info. I wasn't asking for a cash out or anything. Since online identity theft and the fact I live in the U.S. prevents me from giving so much information I protested but I've gotten nowhere. They won't even give me my money back. I don't understand there thinking, if I had given them false information for address I'd never get the check and if I gave them a false name then I wouldn't be able to cash the check. This whole thing is stupid! So I guess they just keep the money!

• Fe
      28th of Jul, 2010

HI- pokerstars stolen my winning money on 22-07-2010 i deposit on that day and i won wicromania 3pl and won 385.44$, after two days i try to login but money didnt was there, support told me it was your mistake, look down please!!!

As previously informed, the player 'baraba111' knew your password, accessed
    your account, played with the funds and also transferred $215 to '4LaLa4'. If
    you did not share your credentials with these players, they probably got
    direct access to your PokerStars account, from an internet cafe and through
    an unfinished log in session (that you did not signed out); this is strictly
    your responsibility and we are not responsible for this loss.

As informed on a previous email, you have responsibilities as an account
    owner, that you accepted when you signed up your account. As stated in
    section 9.2 and 9.3 under "Security and Your Account":

"9.2. The User agrees that he/she is solely responsible for all use of the
    Service under his/her Login Credentials and that he/she shall not disclose
    the Login Credentials to any person whatsoever."

"9.3. The User is obliged to keep his/her Login Credentials secret and
    confidential at all times and to take all efforts to protect their secrecy
    and confidentiality. Any unauthorized use of the Login Credentials shall be
    the sole responsibility of the User and be deemed as his/her use. Any
    liability there from shall be that of the User."

To conclude this matter, we would like to advise you that PokerStars will
    not be liable for funds lost on your PokerStars account. PokerStars will not
    be held liable for any losses as a result of insufficient security measures
    to ensure that your personal details remain secured.

You need to contact the players involved in order to get the funds directly
    from them; bear in mind that we do apply verification procedures, invest in
    high standard technology and security to enhance protection of our database,
    but there is nothing we can do if you are neglecting the security of your
    account, by accessing it from public or shared computers and not making sure
    it is appropriately turned off.

You can rest assure that security measures are being applied to the players
    involved on this case, but we will not reimburse the funds lost.

We would also need a confirmation that you have ran an antivirus and cleaned
    your computer from any virus or keyloggers, before we proceed with its
    reinstatement and change of password.

We appreciate your comprehension .

• Fp
      18th of Aug, 2010

I'm done with POKERSTARS. I will let others know that this "whole thing"(online poker) is BS, especially PS.

I'll go to a casino to play poker from now on.

FYI, my accounts frozen. I only had like $5USD, so it isn't worth it to fax my ID/utilities etc.

Now I have to close my bank account... I'm worried about my SSN also.(used E check)

any suggestions?
    anyone have the address of the owner of PS?

14th of Sep, 2010

pokerstars is nothing but 100% total minipulation, i hope everyone involved burns in the middle pits of Hell! They have playerss on the tables that change their screennames...pop up, win a big pot, and leave the table, , change screenname, comeback and repeat stealing your money! I am a top notch player that plays all poker games very well and cant seem to ever come out winner on Pstars... IF you play at Pokerstars YOU ARE AN IDIOT...PERIOD!

• Hu
      29th of Dec, 2010

whilst playing on pokerstars i noticed the delay sometimes in the time it takes the cards to come out on the turn and river when you have lots of outs to win the hand or are winning the hand and then by way of a miracle the only card that can beat you appears but it thinks about it 1st lol. so anyway i complained to jokerstars about this and i recieced the following email...

PokerStars SupportHello Donna, Thank you for your email and allowing us to be of assistance. We...
    Dec 20 (9 days ago)

PokerStars SupportLoading...Dec 20 (9 days ago)

Reply |PokerStars Support to me
    show details Dec 20 (9 days ago)

Hello Donna,

Thank you for your email and allowing us to be of assistance.

We believe you suffered a minor disconnection when the river card came out,
    which is why on your screen it took longer to come out. If your connection
    is only poor for PokerStars or has been a long-term reoccurring connection
    issue, it is possible it is revealing a connection stability issue that will
    not manifest itself on most other Internet sites and applications. We are
    willing to assist you in trying to isolate and resolve this issue and will
    require some information about your system and connection. First you may
    wish to learn more about disconnections and the common causes found on our
    Frequently Asked Questions web page.

If the information here fails to assist you in isolating the cause of your
    disconnection, please provide us with the following information so we may help.

Among the things we will need to know are:

Operating System (i.e. Windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX, etc…)
    Computer Processor (i.e. Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, etc…)
    System RAM (i.e. 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, etc…)
    Connection Type (i.e. Dial-Up, Cable, DSL, Satellite, etc…)
    ISP (Internet Service Provider, company name that provides your Internet
    service)
    Router/Modem (i.e Dlink DI-624, Linksys WRTG54GS, etc…)

It would also be helpful if you provided us with the Network Status Report
    from our software. To send this report to us please do the following:

1. In the PokerStars software click on “Help” -> “Network Status”.
    2. When this dialog opens click on the “Report” button.

This will create the report and it will be saved to your PokerStars settings
    folder which you will need to locate and send to us for review along with
    the information requested above. It is best to run this report when you lose
    connectivity to the site.

In order to send it to us please:

1. Open the Main Lobby
    2. Go to Help
    3. Go to Log Files
    4. Select "Save Log Files as ZIP..."
    5. Save the file to your Desktop, you may have to navigate to the Desktop as
    the default location is the PokerStars Settings Folder
    6. Reply to this email
    7. Click on Attach File (or similar option)
    8. Select the ZIP file located in your Desktop or wherever you chose to save
    the file
    9. Click OK and send the email

Once we have received the above information we will have one of our
    connectivity specialists take a more in-depth review and provide a response.

Regards,

Sam S
    PokerStars Support Team
    So i wrote back to them explaining that i had checked with my network about the minor disconnection stating that there had been no problems from my network it must have been theirs to which i recieved this next email...

PokerStars Support - Disconnections While Playing
    InboxX
    PokerStars Support to me
    show details Dec 20 (9 days ago)

Hello Donna,

Thank you for your reply.

As an aside to my previous email, I will like to clear up this miss conception of why the turn and river cards are dealt slower in all-in hands.

Firstly please allow me to apologize for the wrong information received in my colleagues email below. The delay you have experienced in the turn and river cards during all-in situations, is not caused by a disconnection; it is actually a built in feature that was requested by our customers.

The delay in dealing the turn and river (during an all-in showdown only), is simply to allow players to follow the action. This is a result of feedback that dealing the cards faster makes it difficult for some players to keep up.

In addition, once the cards are shuffled prior to the beginning of a hand, the deck is set and cannot be changed. Whether it's a heads-up game with only two players or a full tournament table with nine players, the cards will be dealt in the same order. Just as for a live game, no additional shuffling takes place after the hole cards, the flop, or the turn are dealt.

Best Regards,

Julio
    PokerStars Support Team

what a pile of absolute bull you get from this site that is run by an organised crime gang from Isreal... please check wikileaks on this ... but what can we expect from criminals ... i am also a very good poker player and last night i hit the paid places playing the small sng 18 players 20/25 times out of 40/45 goes yet tonight i go on and i hit 1 place out of 30 sngs and i was only playing hands with many many outs but was getting the miraculous river over and over again but only in all in calls, if it was a small pot i won sometimes it was a complete and utter joke and this has been happening to me for too long now on jokerstars so its time to say goodbye to the piece of sh** site and move on to hopefully a trusted site..

• Al
      29th of Jan, 2011

I can't believe Pokerstars!!! I tried to deposit funds by Echeck which I have been doing for years. However, from12/26th thru 1/5 I attempted to deposit $750 at different intervals. They said the deposit could not go through and DEBITED my account for that amount. Now if I want to bring my account to Zero I must send another $750. So it will cost me $ 1500 to have a 0 balance. I've tried numerous emails. They don't get it.
    I don't know what to do.

Linda, Syracuse, NY

• Ba
      22nd of Mar, 2011

I to have been dealing with the b.s from these aholes they told me my deposit was returned ( funny because my bank stament said it was paid to them ) they made me wait the 10 days and still didnt credit me NOW i emailed them and all the can say is you have to wait 10 days it doesnt matter what day MY bank paid them its not cleared until 10 days NOT BUISNESS just 10 days WELL now 14 days later they cant answer what happened just keep saying " we explained that you have to wait the 10 day crap ---- WELL heres some info for everyone the bank is venture federal credit union they are located in az the phone # is 1 866 330 4141 have your trans # from YOUR BANK call them and then report it to the B.B.B file a complaint with the U.S atty. general it has to stop muti billion $ co. and cant even pay/credit members---- next step CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT --- PROTEST ANY LOCAL GAMES SPONSERED BY THEM any casinos ect... vegas is a big place for thier games also for the new england people mohegan sun in c.t band together and post we can fight and win there has to be a law firm that would love to file a class action lawsuit ----- good luck to us all ------ PISSED OFF POKERSTARS PLAYER ( ripped off also )

• Ol
      6th of Oct, 2012

thats what happened to me too. i replyied to them saying it was a mistake they still havent accepted anything. i tried deposit money but nothing what a ### people on pokerstars. just ripped me off. all i can do is delete my pokerstars from my computer

• Re
      16th of Dec, 2015

I would like to add If you would like to know more about player protection in the Isle of Man, please contact the Gambling Supervision Commission on +44 1624 694331 or email gaming@gov.iminfo as I find it. This I found online and I am still surfing for more.

• Ro
      14th of Jun, 2017

If you want to see 5 four of a kind in 100 hands PokerStars is your site. If you want to see every second being a flush str8 or a fullhouse PokerStars is your site.
    If you want to win a little money and them freeze your account PokerStars is your site.
    If you want to get shafted by Russian bingo players that have cracked their encryption PokerStars is your site.
    If you want to complain and not on a board here are the contact numbers you need.
    Gambling Supervision Commission
    Head Office
    Ground Floor St George's Court
    Myrtle Street Douglas
    Isle of Man IM1 1ED
    Telephone: +44 1624 694331
    We all know they are robbing people. Here is your chance to make a difference.

• Or
      24th of Oct, 2017

On 21 of October 2017 22 dollars disappeared from my account, the Pokerstars Security service noticed me that they had frozen my account because a hacker stoled all money from my account, Whatever I asked they refuse to return my money though I think they are responsible for the theft. More interesting is tje amount of 22 dollars less than the minimum amount of 50 dollars that a player may withdraw. It seems Pokerstars is protecting the hackers, because in my transaction history is clear the transaction number, and the bank card number used to be withdrawn, , the hackers card. How on Earth couldf they approve this theft, because that card was with the name of someone else not me.

23rd of Feb, 2018

I actually deposited thirty with poker stars and then the froze my account next day .. asking for id which is fine I submitted and that was mth ago and come up with every excuse .. I have tried to contact them and no response I did receive email saying the dept that deals with this is busy, , well I am still waiting for a reply and I get one sying that yes everything was good and account would be active .. so I log on and what still frozen .. I have sent numerous emails and still no response .. so I log on to see this site and wow I am glad I didn't relize what a scammer theis pokerstars site is and thank god I'm only losing 30 can... I will never deposit with them again