Points Across America / Took my money and did not deliver goods

1 Sherman, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 903-429-3300

I had a "student" come to the door with a line about earning a trip through magazine sales. I bought a magazine. When it didn't come I called the company and they told me it took 150 days (are you kidding) to get the subscription. It's been 6 months now and nary a magazine. I cannot get ahold of the company... just an answering machine. They've taken my money and run. Next time a kid comes to my door with magazine sales, I'm slamming it shut and calling the cops.

Comments

6th of Nov, 2008

I just had my first experience with Points across america. I wanted to buy my husband the ESPN magazine for christmas but I have come to find that it is a scam. They take your money and run. Even if you cancel your check before they can cash it they go into your account and electronically debt from your account (somehow thats legal) It is necessary to get the word out so other people dont get scammed. Especially in these times of hard financial crises.

• Lo
      7th of Nov, 2008

Because 2 wrongs make a right???? I dont think thats cool that you got ripped off but check it out sweet heart who said that it was the agent and why are you going to take it out on the next kid that comes to your do because of the actions of someone else???? Thats the christian thing to do slam the door and call the cops. instead of being polite and trying to understand what you obviously couldnt fit in your tiny narrowed head in the first place. People like you piss me off. what kind of message are you sending to anyone?????

• Da
      13th of Nov, 2008

When visiting my son who is in the Army in Savannah, GA a young 20 year old girl named Jessica Nelsoa came to the door and I gave her a check for $55.00 to cover a children's magazine subscription for two years. After researching, I found this company has been know to be frauding people all over the nation. I hope they catch these poeple and prosecute them to the full extent of the law!!!

• Sh
      27th of Jan, 2009

The same thing just happen to me with points across america. I was buying an gift for my son and he never recieve it. I didn't have the money in the first place, but I figure I could help someone out and get my son the chevy rumble magazine that he wanted, (he loves cars). I spent $60.00 and I still had to go out and find another gift, and yes i read the small print it has been way over 150 days. it really hurts when somebody takes something from you that you work for. Its not right and its needs to stop...

• He
      28th of Jan, 2009

There is a group of kids in Pilot Point, TX lving in a motel...a group of kids living in a house in Denton, TX...and maybe other homes...these kids are all runaways...they are taken in by an individual...I don't remmber his name...and he puts them to work with magazine scam...stating they are earning points for a trip...it's a lie...they are jsut getting paid...normally you actually get the magazines...many years ago they sold cologne and perfume that was knowck off of name brands...I ahve lived in Texas, OKlahoma, and Nebraska. THey have visited my homes in each state with the same line.

I was told about this organization by an individual and have confirmed this each time I see these kids. They freak out when you knwo what is going down.

YOu do ussually get the product you paid for..they just seel it to you under false pretences...If thye come to the door...calling the cops may help someone find their lost child...!!!

• Fl
      12th of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me...but i agree the next time a kid from that company knocks on the door, slamming it and calling the cops is the wrong thing to do...what i feel like doing is inviting them in and beating the crap out of them. People slave and work HONESTLY for the little money they have and it is stolen under false pretense. I really wish i had paid more attention, the reason i didnt? Because of the young lady who came to my door and was so excited about going to canada for a trip and trying to see the world. Looking at it afterward i would have paid the same amount to subscribe to the magazine i wanted through the actual magazine AND it would have been at my door within 14 days not 150 which is RIDICULOUS. Anyone reading this who has given a check but has a chance to cancel the check through their bank needs to do so. The bank will happily do it seeing as how this company was on tv the other night under fraud alerts where the cops arrested kids on the streets >:}

• Tr
      29th of Jun, 2009

Geez, I'm feeling kinda sick now after reading these comments. I was approached in a Wal-Mart by a happy, friendly, young man. He had the line and I almost said no thanks because I'm poor and couldn't really spare the cash. After listening to him I went ahead and used some of my grocery money to purchase a subscription. I'm making a solemn vow here and now - This will never happen to me again. I'm even going to go as far as to immediately report the kid to the police. God will deal with these people.