Points Across America / Scam

Charleston, SC, United States Review updated:
A Points Across America representative came to my door selling magazines and stating that he could win a free trip to cancun. I wanted to buy my husband the ESPN magazine for Christmas so I figured I would buy my Christmas gift and help this boy win his free trip at the same time. I have come to learn that it is a scam and the goods one pays for are not provided. If you pay via check and place a hold on that check they go into your account and electronically debit the amount out of your account. So not only are you out the 30$ to hold the check you are also out the amount the check was written for. We need to communicate to others that this "company" is a scam and to hold onto your money...especially in these times of financial crises.
An

Comments

Mi
  5th of Dec, 2008
Doesn't that piss you off. I just got scammed $100 bucks by the same damn thing! I just cried. Plus it made me feel like an idiot. I wrote a check for $50 and since they had my information the bank said they couldnt do anything about it since I "gave" that company my information. I can't get in contact with anyone and don't know what to do...
Ra
  26th of Jan, 2009
I just learned this was a scam, I wrote the kid a fifty five dollar check about three weeks ago now. A funny thing happened after the kid left he came back to use my phone to call for his ride and so I have that phone number, perhaps I should contact authorities. Anyone got any suggestions??

Ralph E. in Fla.