Pointofmail.com / Beware!

United States Review updated:
3.95
They charged me twice on my paypal account and will not credit the second duplicate charge or answer any emails... I filed a claim with Paypal and their response was "We have completed our investigation of your case and, as it has been
determined that this is not an instance of unauthorized account activity,
we have denied your Unauthorized Account Use Claim. Through careful
research of your claim, it was found that this particular transaction(s)
was a duplicate payment(s).

PayPal is a user-initiated system and will only initiate payments that are
requested. Duplicate transactions may be the result of more than one
payment being initiated. In this case we suggest that you contact the
recipient and make arrangements to have them send the money back to you via
PayPal or another method of your choosing."
Me

Comments

Pj
  24th of Nov, 2008
I have the very same issue...Paypal paid my fees two weeks ago i still cannot access my account. and there is no way to contact anyone . BIG SCAM
La
  11th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Thank you for posting. I almost ordered it.
Wb
  30th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I haven't used their service so commenting one way or another would be inappropriate but I did read the TERMS OF SERVICE (T.O.S.) very carefully. What I found stopped me in my tracks!

I don't care how good the service may or may not be, I could never agree to their terms. Go to the website and R E A D their T.O.S. !

I'm looking at readnotify.com. The service is comparable and their T.O.S are MUCH easier to live with.
  6th of Aug, 2010
I signed up for Silver service and made the first payment through PayPal. Paypal charged it to my credit card twice. I called them one hour after the transaction and the said they could not refund the duplicate payment, that I would have to contact pointofmail for my $14.99. There isn't any way I can contact them by phone and the only email address is the same one used for all general questions and information. Something is wrong with this picture!
Sm
  15th of Nov, 2010
how anyone tried Trustifi.com they are kinda like these 2 services but use a USPS postmark on all email you send out, so if you are ever trying to prove an email you sent you, you will have the backing of the USPS so its pretty much just as good as regular mail.
Si
  27th of Dec, 2011
I paid a yearly subscription fee of $29.95 got the service for a few months. I was also charged $14.95 PER MONTH for the very same service. When I complained about the monthly charges, they cancelled all of my service! I am lived. they have been bouncing me all around with paypal, plimus, and Advanced email solutions passing the buck and the offering me another service for ONLY $49.95 instead of $19.95 a month!!! I am so confused with this company and who is doing the billing. and what are all the charges for?
Plus the point of mail service does not work like it used to. The program was not doing what it was supposed to when re-calling or resending emails.
Looking for answers silkyburgess@hotmail.com
Rh
  11th of Jan, 2012
I purchased a one year Silver subscription to pointofmail.com through the company who handles their affiliate program, Plimus. I paid for one year on my credit card. I have evidence of so doing in several emails as well as my credit card statement.

One month after paying for the one-year subscription, I received an email from pointofmail.com telling me that my account was canceled because my subscription ended. Of course, they invited me to renew.

This is not the first time I've had issues with this company but I foolishly trusted them to do what was right and didn't expect more problems.

So now I have to make an effort to get a refund and perhaps do a chargeback on my credit card.

This company has one price ( a high one) on their website and another, more reasonable price, through Plimus. Of course, they have to honor sales through Plimus and that's who I paid. I've had suspicious emails from Plimus so I do not trust them either --- especially in light of the fact they are hooked up with a business like pointofmail.com.

I advise anyone considering any service like this to research it carefully and to avoid any website that looks like pointofmail.com. They seem to have other websites under other names but they all either look the same or are redirected to pointofmail.com.

In my opinion and from my experience, this company is a ripoff.
Di
  12th of Jan, 2012
I paid a one year subs. $30.95 and then Plimus started charging me another $14.95 per month for I am not sure what? they provided me with no service at all. i complained and asked them to stop the monthly payments for for $14.95 and they immediately shut off all my service, even the year subs. I paid for and only used for less than 4 months. I have had the problem with them before and I will never go back. I am turning them into BBB as soon as I get home. Horrible customer service. They gave me another web site to contact that is not available like www.admailservice or something...
Will never trust their site and it was not working like it was supposed to anyway. I checked it with another account and it was not changing my emails or recalling it. Crap, Junk bad business for sure.
Jo
  3rd of Jun, 2012
I paid $9.99 for a one month Silver account on 5/31/12. As of 6/3/12 it is not working. I have sent 2 emails. No answer. No phone number to call. Do not recommend Point of Mail.
Ma
  25th of Oct, 2013
I had a similar problem with them. They billed me on my credit card for the second year even if it was clear that I did cancelled my account. Paypal, nor Point of Mail refunded.