Point 'n Paint System / SCAM - False/Misleading Advertising

Phone: (866) 561-8420

POINT AND PAINT IS A FEINT ~ POINT AND PAINT IS A WASTE ~ POINT AND PAINT VERY MISLEADING

Point 'n Paint as seen on TV is a hoax

This system is advertised for $19.99 + s&h ($7.95) for the kit of one painter, a mini-painter and tray. I saw this ad on TV and was interested as I'm in the process of repainting a 3 bedroom house and could use anything to make it easier. I went on their website and to my surprise it states the extension pole shown is not included. There is no information on how to order it or how much it costs ($15.00). They also state that a lifetime supply of replacement pads are FREE if you just pay s&h. They don't tell you that you only get 1 set of pads with your initial order and as for the free lifetime supply it's a joke. If you know you are painting 7 different rooms and need that many pads you would think you could call and get them for the cost of s&h - but you don't. You can only get 3 at a time at the outrageous price of $8.97 for each set of 3!

By the way I had to click on the customer service link to get a phone number to even find out this information.
So while it claims to save you time and money, in reality you are paying way more than a 6-pack of rollers and a good paint brush. Everything about this site is misleading and false - steer clear of the Point 'n Paint System!

Co

Comments

• Ep
      4th of Mar, 2009

Personally, years ago I discovered various sized paint pads and began using them. I discovered that paint pads did use less paint, was faster to paint a room and less mess. I raved about using paint pads in the various sizes and even raved to professional painters. However, with paint pads, I had to climb the ladder to first get the top half all of the wall all the way around the room and then l began the middle and proceeded to the bottom half. I even put a paint pad on a pole and painted the ceiling. However, painting a ceiling with the paint pad on a pole there is not much control for intricate things like going around a light globe in the ceiling. To get the edge around a light globe in the ceiling, a smaller one has to be used and I did have to stand on a ladder. So, I can testify that the benefits stated, are true. it's just the advertising you are complaining about because it can be confusing.

E. Porter

• Mm
      13th of Mar, 2009

Your complaint is too harsh. I've not yet used the product so I can't say how well it works, but I've used other paint pads & this seems so solve some of the problems associated with them. . That the extension pole isn't included seemed obvious from the commercial ( they said you could use any & I already have one for paint rollers-easy to find-by the way). As for the claim of free replacement pads, they say you must pay s&h. Many other sites claim "free" product with just s&h, but we all know s&h costs are usually inflated. No surprise !

• Mm
      13th of Mar, 2009

Just checked out infomercialscams.com & will NOT be purchasing this product!

• Le
      25th of Apr, 2009

This item appears to be perfect for our application of a special oil/sealer for our tigerwood deck. My complaint in ordering the product is that the website continually pops up a screen offering a second kit for the same but additional cost of 19.99. With replaceable pads offered, we have no need for a 2nd kit. After clicking the 'no' button four times, I thought it finally respected and accepted my refusal for a 2nd kit. NOT SO! Immediately following a quick closure of sale, our email informed us of 2 kits being sent out. I have no respect or honor for a company that sells any product under such deception and fraudulence. BUYER BEWARE!! Pointnpaint customer service number is 1.866.561.8420

• Ca
      6th of Jun, 2009

I am sorry to hear about these complaints regarding Point N Paint. It looked like it was just what I needed but now I am very leary about the site and will not order.

• Ha
      14th of Jul, 2009

I have to say I understand your complaints. I recently purchased this item at a store that regularly stocks "as seen on tv" products... there are many out there. I would not use an extension rod because I can easily envision issues of control. However, having just used the large pad in my dining room, I can tell you my skepticism (my husband insisted in purchasing this item) has been replaced by sheer satisfaction. I was able to get clean lines at the edges of walls, along baseboards and crown moulding. I don't even have to tape off my edges. UNBELIEVABLE! Easily worth the $20 just in labor and heartache. I love it so much, I can see needing replacement pads for it. My only disappointment is in the difficulty and expense of the replacement pads, but even that cost is far less than purchasing a new kit.

• Pi
      19th of Sep, 2009

This product was the biggest rip off ever!! Nothing that it claimed was true, It took 4 hours to paint a small room and sure it uses less paint because it is streaky. I used a roller for the neccessary second coat and that took an hour. Get your mone back if you can!!!

• Sh
      12th of Dec, 2009

I bought one of these before i ever saw a commercial for pointnpaint.. ... and found mine in a box at a store (contrary to what they say- not sold in stores).. i found this at Bed Bath & Beyond and bought it with the intention only really of painting my small bathroom ceiling. Using rollers are just fine for me and obviously will hold much more paint (much less time dipping back into the paint tray than with this item i assume?) This item was cheap enough tho that i was intrigued and wanted to try it, .. no shipping fees, no automatic renewals, no pop up ads or any of that nonsense. :) so if you're curious just check the BB&B store first.. just my 2 cents. (ps i have not yet used it).

27th of Jan, 2010

I've used this product to paint two rooms . I was able to wash out the two pads that came with the kitand they work good. There is less mess and it is quicker to paint with them. It does take a little patience and practice but i found it very usefull and the jobs came out better then a roller.

• Ka
      18th of Feb, 2010

i became all what i want and they charged what they said! But keep your Money! This isn't so easy, like it looked! This is trash!!! my bathroom looks awful and this isn't the first room that i painted in my life!!! Cheap stu[censored] Waist your Money and your time... this Name for this stuff sounds better!

• Da
      4th of Mar, 2010

These paint pads are very high quality - far superior to the cheap chinese junk sold at Home Depot, Lowes, Sherwin Williams, etc.

If you need a quality pad painter, these are an excellent buy. High density flocked foam with a waterproof barrier on 1/4" foam backer pad. The pads fit perfectly in the applicator. The applicator is functional, even though it only 'edges' by using a tiny strip on the side of the pad - not on the front edges, which are protected by overhanging plastic... This part could have been designed better, but they made it that way so it would hold the odd-shaped pads securely at the expense of getting close tho the edge.

We use them for staining, and they are excellent. Again, way better than the Shur-Line junk sold at every major retailer. Compare the cost to any pad sold at a big box store, and you will find these pads are about half the price.

• Pa
      31st of Aug, 2010

The product works, if you use it correctly. I bought mine at a local WalGreens and I was able to paint a standard size guest bathroom from plain beige to a nice earthy green in less than an hour, just as stated. As far as using an extension pole, just stand on a chair like a normal human being instead of knocking a product based on the customer service. We all know that with any of these As Seen On Tv products, if they offer you "free" refills for life, obviously you have to pay shipping and handling. Get a grip :)

• Kr
      18th of Jun, 2014

It takes a entire month to get the stupid Point and Paint! In the meantime my husband finished painting the whole inside of the house. Called Customer Service weeks ago to cancel. And yet STILL got the stupid product. When I call Customer Service again to ask why I got something I canceled, they say I can get money back but I have to paid the shipping still. The shipping TO me, AND the shipping BACK! Anyone have painting they want to do and was thinking of buying this, DON'T. Or BUY mine instead. Unused. Still in the box.

• Wu
      14th of Sep, 2015

I have used the Point N Paint system for about 8 years now and I;m very satisfied with it. I make sure that I clean the pads completely when finished and they have lasted though quite a few paint jobs. I have ordered one new set of pads and now I'm need of another set. The one complaint I have is with the pan, it would be much better if the bottom would slope to the center so as you run out of paint the roller would steal function as it was intend too.

• Ca
      28th of Feb, 2016

Purchased point n paint and was pleased with the results when I finally finished . The pad clicked on as stated but fell off several times and messed up floor and cabinet when it fell off pole. Why would this happen when it clicked on ? One time pad fell in pan and it was a mess cleaning . Splashed all over. Any suggestions on this matter will be appreciated.

25th of Aug, 2016

Whoever came up with product should be tarred and feathered and that is saying it nicely! You might as well flush your money down the toilet!

• Pa
      1st of Jun, 2017

The Complaint is unfounded, The Product allowed me to paint my living room, kitchen, dining room and bedroom all in a day 1365 square footage. I believe some people are easily beat and just couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. It's like everything in life you got to know how to use it to get the right results. saved myself $3000 all for $19.95