Pogo.com / Rip off artists and thieves

As soon as I received my credit card bill I noted they had charged me $39.99. I did not authorize them to charge my account. I have not visited their website for the last nine months. I sent them an e-mail demanding they refund my money. The charge was dated July 2, I contacted them on August 2nd. They replied the following.

Response (Aditya Govind Awasthi)08/06/2008 09:55 PM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of our service, we do not offer refunds for the subscription fees for any of our online games. In the event of a cancellation, Electronic Arts will not be able to provide any type of pro-rated refund or extension of unused access time. In order to avoid any charges, customers will need to cancel the billing of their account before the subscription fee has been deducted.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Addy
EA Online Support

NOW HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN THAT THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME, SINCE I HAVE NOT VISITED THEIR WEBSITE IN NINE MONTHS??? THEY ARE THIEVES. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY DO NOT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER LISTED ANYWHERE TO CONTACT THEM, EITHER ON THEIR WEBSITE NOR IN THEIR BILLING ON MY CREDIT CARD. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED. DISHONEST.

Kk

Comments

16th of Oct, 2008

1-650-628-4311 Is the number to EA, they own POGO. It not free to call though. Good luck!

16th of Oct, 2008

1-866-543-5435 is also another number I found on another site where people complained about pogo.

• Jh
      30th of Oct, 2008

i had similar problem 6.89 was on my credit card that i did not order.it was on 10-23-2008.would like to know what game and who got it.thank you.

• Re
      30th of Oct, 2008

I have been with Pogo as a Club Member now for about two months and I love the way I am treated. I KNEW exactly what I was going to be charged yearly and am fine with it. I have met alot a good friends within the Club Family that I would not have been able to have met playing only the free online games. Also, I don't have to have ads always popping up during my games.

All one has to do is read everything they sign before ever giving out any type card/bank information. Any time you enter a card number on the computer you are putting your funds at risk. It's a lesson learned. Just be glad they are not doing it monthly. Be sure to cancell before the year is up or your card will be billed again.

• St
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I agree that pogo is dishonest. i was harrassed by a player playing Texas hold 'em and when i said something back i was banned. that was very one sided.

• St
      4th of Nov, 2008

I want to know how long i will be suspended. And it is not right that the person who got me suspended is still around. and he started it and said the same. they must play favorites. But you can be sure after my subscription is up I WILLNOT be renewing.

• Do
      8th of Nov, 2008

my daughter signed me up for a free week pass 1 year ago. And she does not play . but yet her bank card has been charged for the last year and i agree theres no way to get in touch with this company if this was any of us we would be charged with theft by deception or fraud my daughter has to cancel her card just so they cant charge on the account who's going to stand up for us. dona from pa

• Me
      30th of Jan, 2009

It's probably too late now, since your post is almost 6 months old, but for those who recently have had Pogo charge your credit card, call your credit card company and have them cancel the payment. I was an "almost" Jackpot winner in June of 2007 and cancelled my account after Pogo refused to pay me the $2676 I won. Before I left, I made sure to cancel my account so that my Club Pogo account wouldn't auto-renew and removed my billing and credit card information from the site. Within minutes of cancelling, I received an automated email from Pogo, reminding me of the date my account would run out and letting me know my account WILL NOT auto-renew since I have no billing information listed. I also received another email almost two weeks before my account officially ran out. My account was set to run out in November of 2007, but when I got my credit card statement in the beginning of December, I noticed the $39.99 charge on it from Pogo. Knowing I was going to get the run-around if I contacted Pogo to get my money refunded, I called my credit card company instead and cancelled the charges. I also set up a block on my credit card so Pogo could never charge my credit card again. Pogo, of course, tried to dispute the charges, claiming I hadn't cancelled my account before the auto-renew date. Lucky for me, I still had those automated emails from Pogo, proving I did cancel my account in time and had removed my credit card information from their site so that I wouldn't be charged for another year. Since Pogo had tried to dispute the charges, my credit card company sent me a claim form through the mail that I had to fill out, and when I mailed it back, I made sure to include those automated emails from Pogo, which helped me win my case. Pogo hasn't received a cent of my money since, and all this goes to show that Pogo DOES store credit card info (even though they claim they don't), which can make it hard to cancel an account.

• As
      7th of Dec, 2009

Guys this is EA... known for being greedy *uckers and churning out Triple A tripe games. Avoid like the plague.

• Ed
      22nd of May, 2010

I've been a member for2 1/2 years and they suspended my membership for reason unknown. I contacted aol to verify my standing and they said I should be good to go but, not so. I still don't know why I was suspended so my next step ios to seek legal counsel pogo is one of the biggest ripoffsIve seen in 67 yrsI will not let my grand kids play it.So beware.