Pogo.com / Stolen Registration Keys???

I cancelled my Club Pogo account in 2007. Even after telling my aunt about all the problems I had with Pogo, she went out and bought Operation Mania and Mahjong Garden Deluxe anyways. Both were purchased in August of 2008, and she spent the extra money to have the CDs mailed to her. The CDs have yet to arrive, by the way, and I think it's pretty safe to assume they never will. Anyways, after a month of playing Operation Mania, the game started having problems. In the beginning, it would randomly close on her in mid-game. Now it's not even playable. It will start to load, connect to Pogo, then crash on her once it hits the main menu. She emailed Pogo asking for help. A few days later, she received a copied-and-pasted response from them with tips on fixing the problem. Her computer met the requirements to play, all drivers were current, we removed the game then redownloaded and installed it, and so on. She emailed Pogo back asking for more help, then decided she would stick to Mahjong until we could get Operation working. Of course, now Mahjong is doing the same thing. Here's where this gets really good... After going back and forth with Pogo from mid-October until earlier this month, we come to find out her registration keys for both games have somehow been compromised. Despite the fact that she has all the emails and the charges on her credit card proving she bought the damn games, Pogo claims that her registration keys were "either given away or stolen", and when they notice multiple people playing a game using the same registration key, they disable it. We have no idea how someone got a hold of her registration keys for both games. Besides me, she doesn't know anyone else who plays or has played Pogo, and wouldn't have given out her information anyway. Also, she scans constantly for viruses, malware, spyware, etc and nothing was found on her computer that could have contained a keylogger or something to that effect. The only thing we can think of is the game CDs that she never received were stolen out of the mail and possibly had a copy of the registration keys somewhere in the package. Since she has the proof that she paid for both games, she told them she either wants her money back, or new registration keys so she can play her games. Pogo's response: they won't refund her money, and she shouldn't have been sharing her registration keys. She has filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau and contacted her credit card company to see if they will do a chargeback, so we will see what happens. But just a heads up to anyone who purchases a game through Pogo... Be careful. If something like this happens to you, don't expect any help from Pogo. As far as they are concerned, everyone playing is a cheater or thief.

Comments

• De
      14th of Feb, 2009

I too am having troubles with the Operation Game I am not getting credit for the trophies so I emailed pogo stating to them I am not and they told me they need a screen shot of the game to see my stats, well duhhh didn't I just tell them I am not getting credit so of course the stats would be wrong. Also the CD that was suppose to come with the game I didn't receive and I refuse to download again for the 3rd time I shouldn't have to. Pogo needs to be aware that people are no longer going to take this from them ripping people off and all and will file lawsuits against them.

17th of Jul, 2009

I bought every downloadable game that pogo has and never had a problem.

• De
      22nd of Jan, 2011

Really!? I have a cheap low end computer and every game that i play on pogo works just fine. You cannot always believe your anti virus software unless you update it all of the time and even then it is still possible to get a virus. Don't blame pogo because a program will not run on your pc. You obviously have some issues on your pc and it's not pogo's fault.