PODS — misleading pricing and fees
PODS is way too expensive and I won't use them again.
If you have temporary storage needs do not call PODS unless you want to spend a small fortune. They gouge you with delivery fees, non-asphalt surface fees, monthly fees and finally pick up fees. They charge you an extra fee at every possible change they get.
It is sickening.
If you need storage do yourself a favor and go to BJs, SAMS, Costco or one of the big box stores and buy a 10x20 "garage in a box" for around $300. These are fairly easy to set up (you can do it alone in a couple hours) and they're very sturdy.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Clearwater, FL
With the "garage in a box" you can store your stuff for as long as you want without having PODS sucking your checking account dry every month.
When you're done with the shelter, throw it away or give it away. You'll have saved yourself $100's or $1000's when it's all said and done.
NOW>>> IF YOU NEED TO MOVE... don't hire a POD! Google this too... they are very rough with the pods and will not honor insurance claims without a long drawn out fight.
Instead, go to www.uship.com and get bids on your move. You'll save yourself $1000's here too.
PODS and Carrie Ayers (from their collections dept) suck.
More PODS Complaints & Reviews
- PODS - beware of weight limit 
- PODS - total scam with tons of hidden charges! 
- PODS - mistakes cost customers 
- PODS - www.pods.com - beware of these people. they are awful! 
- PODS - misleading fees
- PODS - driveway damage
- [Resolved] PODS - lack of communication, responsiveness
- PODS Enterprises - moving
- PODS Enterprises - storage and moving cost and customer service
- PODS - did not offer compensation for our inconvenience