PODSmisleading pricing and fees

D0 Clearwater, FL Review updated:

PODS is way too expensive and I won't use them again.

If you have temporary storage needs do not call PODS unless you want to spend a small fortune. They gouge you with delivery fees, non-asphalt surface fees, monthly fees and finally pick up fees. They charge you an extra fee at every possible change they get.

It is sickening.

If you need storage do yourself a favor and go to BJs, SAMS, Costco or one of the big box stores and buy a 10x20 "garage in a box" for around $300. These are fairly easy to set up (you can do it alone in a couple hours) and they're very sturdy.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Clearwater, FL

With the "garage in a box" you can store your stuff for as long as you want without having PODS sucking your checking account dry every month.
When you're done with the shelter, throw it away or give it away. You'll have saved yourself $100's or $1000's when it's all said and done.

NOW>>> IF YOU NEED TO MOVE... don't hire a POD! Google this too... they are very rough with the pods and will not honor insurance claims without a long drawn out fight.

Instead, go to www.uship.com and get bids on your move. You'll save yourself $1000's here too.

PODS and Carrie Ayers (from their collections dept) suck.

PODS

Comments

• So
      Feb 10, 2011

I think it's all part of a certain Mr Louis Gibson's plan to take over the world...

• Al
      Feb 10, 2011

all of those fees im sure are outlined in the agreement you probably signed... people just dont think to ever read it...

• D0
      Feb 10, 2011

I never signed an agreement. I never set foot in a POD store. Everything was done via the internet and telephone.

God help you if you refuse to pay any of their ridiculous fees!!!

They'll hound you to the ends of the earth. My debit card was cancelled due to fraud just before I scheduled the POD pick up. Pods picked up the container and then couldn't siphon the last $49 pick up fee from my debit card because it was no longer active.

They emailed and called me numerous times a day. Everyday. They REALLY REALLY wanted their $49 pick up fee I guess. They do record all their calls because they played my call back for me while I was on the phone. Evidently, I did agree to the ridiculous $49 pick up fee.

I'm honestly surprised that PODS is still in business. I can't imagine they have an REPEAT business because their so expensive and are such incompetent [censored]. Eventually, they'll run out of new customers and go out of business.

Screw pods and that skank Carrie Ayers in their collections dept.

• D0
      Mar 29, 2011

update:

Pods has been jerking me around for months! The constantly harrassed me with daily phone calls and emails over a $49 pickup fee that I had previously negotiated off of the contract.

I stated posting on the internet about what a terrible company PODs is. There's 100's of "pods sux" reviews already on the internet anyway.

So, pods emails me and asks me to sign a release saying I won't post about my issues with pods on the internet and they will refund $111 to me. I agreed and signed the release. Months lateer I noticed they never refunded the money! I called and they said they refunded it. Pods had 2 debit cards on file for my account. They knew one of the cards was invalid (it had expired) because they couldn't take the $49 pickup fee from it. I ended up paying the $49 pickup fee with my new debit card.

SO, WHAT DOES PODS DO? THEY REFUND THE MONEY TO MY EXPIRED DEBIT CARD!!! THEY KNEW IT WOULDN'T GO THROUGH AND THEREFORE THEY'D END UP NOT PAYING THE REFUND. BUT, IF I CAIGHT THEM, THEY COULD PLAY DUMB AND PRETEND THEY THOUGHT THEY DID THE RIGHT THING. I'M GLAD I CAUGHT THEM. I'M SURE THEY GOT AWAY WITH THIS LITTLE SCAM 100'S OF OTHER TIMES.

• Ob
      Sep 14, 2012

Worse choice ever. I chose pods figuring it was a well established big company. HORRIBLE. Moved from PA to CA and traveled a month. Got to CA to find out my stuff was never shipped. After waiting days for them to review the call to see if it was my fault or there's (since they accused me first) they find out its there fault and the guy never put in for a ship date. It was supposed to be there the last week of August. I find out its not there Sept 5th they then tell me it won't be here till the 21st! So I incur 400 dollars in receipts for needed interview clothes then they had the nerve to charge me 265 in a monthly storage fee while its in transit because they are late. A week later their customer resolution center calls me back (after I spoke with three people who were oh so sympathetic to our situation) to then tell me they are only refunding me the storage fee they accidentally charged me and refund my clothing receipt but nothing more. So I asked...is it fair that from the 11th to the 21st I couldn't move into my place because I refused to pay rent to sleep on my floor and have no stuff to cook food with? Is it fair we have been couch crashing all over cali trying to save money because I still haven't been refunded? Is it fair they never offered us even a freaking hotel room? Is it fair I was offered a job making 50k a year to start Tuesday but I cannot because my official college documents are in my pod? And is it fair I may lose the chance for that job? How is there only "I'm so sorry this happened to you" a fair business way to compensate stressed out people who just moved? Business ethics? Customer service ethics? Apparently my worth is only my debit card. Now I have to wait another weekend with no full refund yet or answer to my additional refund until Monday because they cannot issue the refund I was already promised unless they know if I am getting more. I will laugh if they try to offer me a hundred bucks...take the transit cost of 3500 and pay me at least half since you got my stuff here half assed. I have submitted a complaint with the bbb and contacted the attorney general and I contacted pods media site with a forwarding letter to the CEO and bombed their Face Book site and I plan to continue warning people and writing their company and calling media until this is resolved. My entire adventure of moving cross country came to a hault when this happened. I'm down money and can't even start a new potential job and my bank is withering since the 650 promised can't be returned while they pursue further compensation.

• De
      Oct 26, 2012

i had them ship my stuff for the 23 of OCT, its now Nov and they now tell me it wont reach me till NoV 10, do not under any circumstances use this company, not only did they not honor their side of the contract and left me hanging with an empty house while i wait for my stuff to arrive they wanted to charge me another 300$ even though they screwed up and wont even do anything to fix the situation or even to appease its customers...terrible company look elsewhere